GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Not another IT challenge for poor old Plan B to get her head around

Haven't you tortured me enough for one week
    Wouldn't want you to get bored though. Told you this site was about more than debt. I've learned scanning,printing, can now type with two fingers,sorted my diet and booked a holiday. Don't know how i used to find time to go to work!!

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
      Wouldn't want you to get bored though. Told you this site was about more than debt. I've learned scanning,printing, can now type with two fingers,sorted my diet and booked a holiday. Don't know how i used to find time to go to work!!
      Whilst I've learned that PlanB seems to like being tortured.
      Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 16 February 2012, 12:08.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        Please do not bother for me, for I'm more than happy to cut and paste.
        I think he's doing it for samsmum and me but is too polite to say. Totally out of character don't you think

Comment

The only other torture I have to endure is not from S & M but from M & S Financial Services

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Ok, I will make it easy and create a guide.... gimme 5
            ---> User Guide - Using Multi-Quote - allaboutFORUMS
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Not unless the nice people at Reliable are doing a bit of multi tasking and perfoming operations now. One way of getting blood from us though

Think i've just muti quoted???

Yep. What a week!!!
              Last edited by samsmum; 16 February 2012, 12:40.

Comment

I think he's doing it for samsmum and me but is too polite to say. Totally out of character don't you think
                It works, but it doesn't stack or nest the quotations correctly. The above quotes should be:

I think he's doing it for samsmum and me but is too polite to say.
                ---> User Guide - Using Multi-Quote - allaboutFORUMS
                See?
                Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 16 February 2012, 12:41.

Comment

It works, but it doesn't stack or nest the quotations correctly. The above quotes should be:
                  Yes it does stack them correctly, in the order you click the multi-quote icon....

so if you wanted to quote posts 1-5; so long as you click post 1, 2, 3, 4 then 5 in that order they'll list fine.

If you click post 1, 3, 5, 4, 2 then they'll list in that order....

As for nesting, the logic behind multi-quote is to leave it separated as it does, when you have a 30 post quote - then try reading it in the nested version like you do - it's impossible
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Think i've just muti quoted???

Yep. What a week!!!
                    Well done. I do think the guides help lol

Comment

I did it for samsmum and planB

Me, too polite to say?

Comment

Yes it does stack them correctly, in the order you click the multi-quote icon....

so if you wanted to quote posts 1-5; so long as you click post 1, 2, 3, 4 then 5 in that order they'll list fine.

If you click post 1, 3, 5, 4, 2 then they'll list in that order....
                        Yes, though quoting out of sequence can be misleading.

As for nesting, the logic behind multi-quote is to leave it separated as it does, when you have a 30 post quote - then try reading it in the nested version like you do - it's impossible
                        Unless one was posting to alt.usenet.kooks ot alt.fan.karl-malden.nose, one would rarely need to nest more than three postings deep.

Comment

Well done. I do think the guides help lol
                          Girl guides?

Comment

I hate nested quotes! Too hard to read, plus if you multi-quote with the quotes separated you can add comments for each quote

Didn't know they were called that though
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

OVERDRAFT with Nationwide B/S
                              £800
                              NOT PAYING
                              Last interest paid 06/08/2011 now changed bank acc
                              13/12/2011..Letter received. Pay up or will register a default notice'and instruct KPR to collect and could commence legal action
                              04/01/2012..Default notice issued on 31/12/2011. Balance £841
                              24/01/2012..Pre-debt collection notice received. If i dont pay as required by DN they will instruct KPR to recover full balance.Could involve legal action. KPR is the business name of Nationwide
                              17/02/2012..Letter from KPR. Formal Demand for Payment. Nationwide have passed the account over to recover debt.Committed to being fair and reasonable so contact to make arrangement to pay. Nationwide is considering ccj or decree. Would then enforce the judgement by charging order,attachment of earnings etc.alternatively account may be passed to external debt collectors
                              Update.
                              Do i respond to this please?

Comment

Erm no we don't - not now.

Next time answer it - refuse security and demand they pass the call to a manager and say "I am recording the call so please do not fob me off" - then when you get the manager quote the reference of the letter and insist your number is removed from their auto-dialler as per the letter confirming they will cease collection activity.

Then reiterate that if they call one more time you will report them to the FOS and their regulator, for the undue harrassment. That ought to stop it dead.

Otherwise, you can just ignore them as normal.....
                                Hi Niddy, they've been ringing me constantly and i've been ignoring it but finally just anwered them. Did exactly as you said. She was right snotty at first,saying she was the manager, wanting to know why i'd got the letter, if i was in an IVA or anything, so i just quoted the ref no and told her details are in there. She finally apologised and said she would put in a request to remove my number. Jeez, i'm shaking like a leaf. Not good at confrontation but i did it. Hopefully that will be the end but i wouldn't bank on it. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                                X