GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
    Update.
    Do i respond to this please?
    Just ignore for now...........

Hi Niddy, they've been ringing me constantly and i've been ignoring it but finally just anwered them. Did exactly as you said. She was right snotty at first,saying she was the manager, wanting to know why i'd got the letter, if i was in an IVA or anything, so i just quoted the ref no and told her details are in there. She finally apologised and said she would put in a request to remove my number. Jeez, i'm shaking like a leaf. Not good at confrontation but i did it. Hopefully that will be the end but i wouldn't bank on it. Thanks again
    well done you
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Niddy, they've been ringing me constantly and i've been ignoring it but finally just anwered them. Did exactly as you said. She was right snotty at first,saying she was the manager, wanting to know why i'd got the letter, if i was in an IVA or anything, so i just quoted the ref no and told her details are in there. She finally apologised and said she would put in a request to remove my number. Jeez, i'm shaking like a leaf. Not good at confrontation but i did it. Hopefully that will be the end but i wouldn't bank on it. Thanks again
      Well done you - see, it's not that bad after all is it? As I say, they think they are gods but when you bring them back down to level they soon wilter away - well done
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well done samsmum

I'm not sure if I could do the same, I'm such a soft bugger - that's why ignoring has always been the easy option for me, so much easier than confronting!

Comment

Hi Niddy, they've been ringing me constantly and i've been ignoring it but finally just anwered them. Did exactly as you said. She was right snotty at first, saying she was the manager,
          You should 'phone the buggers back and make a formal complaint, as it is more likely than not that she is not a manager of anything.

Originally posted by samsmum
          ... wanting to know why i'd got the letter, if i was in an IVA or anything, so i just quoted the ref no and told her details are in there. She finally apologised and said she would put in a request to remove my number.
          So a "manager" lacks the requisite security level to amend a client's data?

Originally posted by samsmum
          Jeez, i'm shaking like a leaf. Not good at confrontation but i did it. Hopefully that will be the end but i wouldn't bank on it. Thanks again
          It will be interesting if it works.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Well done you - see, it's not that bad after all is it? As I say, they think they are gods but when you bring them back down to level they soon wilt away - well done
          I'd certainly want to add to that praise for being firm and resolute when confronted with the usual bullying from such telephone warriors.

Comment

Didn't think it would be that easy. 2messages this morning and it's only 8.30

Comment

Didn't think it would be that easy. 2messages this morning and it's only 8.30
              I didn't suppose it would work, as the call centre drone merely said she'd "ask" for the calls to stop.

Get your number changed, give them a Niddy number in a letter and, until they stop calling you, blow a loud and shrill whistle down the 'phone whenever they call.

Comment

Operations next Wednesday Pixie. Should be in about 3 days then probably another 3 months off work. SSP finishes this week so waiting to hear on that. Believe they send me something to send to work and pensions so i may be able to claim ESA. They weren't very clear on it. Hopefully this op will work and i'll be able to get back to some sort of normality. Whatever that is??
                Just wanted to wish you good luck with your operation tomorrow

I hope there will be somebody at home to pamper you when you get back from the hospital.

Take care

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  I didn't suppose it would work, as the call centre drone merely said she'd "ask" for the calls to stop.

Get your number changed, give them a Niddy number in a letter and, until they stop calling you, blow a loud and shrill whistle down the 'phone whenever they call.
                  Dont know if this would help but what I did was get my broadband with bt and they give you another phone number which starts with your local code and works only with bt homehub, so change router get rid of homehub its not the best anyway, give anyone you dont like internet number which looks just like a local number and it never rings, and you just use your normal bt number for you and friends, it may be a couple of quid extra but the peace and quit is priceless.

Comment

Good luck for your operation x
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Plan B and Pixie. Had a bit of a meltdown yesterday but i'm calm and chilled today and just want to get it over with now. Bit worried about no cup of tea after 6.30am tomorrow. Not sure how i'll manage that!!

As for Reliable... i wont be around for a few days and hopefully my number will be off the system by the time i'm home. Certainly won't be worrying about them for a while. Thanks for the replies though

Comment

Wishing you good luck for tomorrow too. I hope it all goes well. Just take care of yourself and forget about your other worries.

Comment

Best of luck for tomorrow from me too.

Comment

Just wanted to wish you good luck with the op forget about everything else now and concentrate on getting yourself well
                            All the best
                            What2do

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              Good luck for your operation x
                              Ditto.

Whatever it is, I hope you get the results you want.

Comment

......Hope all goes well today.......

Comment

Working...
                                X