GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New and confused

Told you that the dog and your kneecaps would be fine!!!

Comment

You did didn't you,and you wouldn't lie. Just been and bought a scanner,printer thingy and some files and bits to get myself all organised. Just got to work out how to use it now and i'll be ready to fire all my letters off. Dont know how i ever found time to go to work but intend taking full advantage of this sick time to get our finances sorted. Thanks everyone

Comment

Getting on top of the paperwork can be a full time job in itself, but once you're organised (I use a concertina box file and labelled each pocket for each creditor) it becomes much easier and a fairly simple process -

• Open letter
        • Staple envelope to letter
        • Date it with date actually received
        • Read it
        • Update your own records and/or records here
        • Reply if necessary
        • File letter along with your response (most recent correspondence goes at the front of mine for easy referral)
        • Done!

Good luck with it all

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
          Getting on top of the paperwork can be a full time job in itself, but once you're organised (I use a concertina box file and labelled each pocket for each creditor) it becomes much easier and a fairly simple process -

• Open letter
          • Read it
          • Reply if necessary
          • File letter along with your response (most recent correspondence goes at the front of mine for easy referral)
          • Done!

Good luck with it all
          Do u want 2 organise my files 4 me?!

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
            someone has to look out for you mate
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Open letter
              • Read it
              • Reply if necessary
              • Done!

Good luck with it all
              I've just saved this I might use it
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                I've just saved this I might use it
                Mate I have pinched it for the main guide!

---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                  You might wanna take a look at my filing pile first... I'm great at theory

It took me at least 3 or 4 days days to get all the paperwork sorted out initially, and it's really easy to let it build up again (specially if you have a lot of creditors). Guess what I'm doing tonight

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Comment

Thanks. That simplifies it a lot for me. Do i send CCA to original creditor or DCA. Get me learning all this new jargon. I'll have a job as a PA by the time i'm done!! Well maybe i need to learn typing and shorthand first but i'm a dab hand with a cuppa!

Comment

You might wanna take a look at my filing pile first... I'm great at theory
                      I just chuck mine in a box.
                      Originally posted by samsmum View Post
                      Thanks. That simplifies it a lot for me. Do i send CCA to original creditor or DCA. Get me learning all this new jargon. I'll have a job as a PA by the time i'm done!! Well maybe i need to learn typing and shorthand first but i'm a dab hand with a cuppa!
                      Send the CCA to whoever's chasing the account.

Comment

Sorry another quick question. Our loans with Co op and Hsbc were on the dmp but we've not received statements for years and have heard nothing since we cancelled it. Should i wait to hear from them before sending cca

Comment

are you sure they haven't been paid off by the dMP?

Comment

No i checked the balances on our credit reports and more or less matched up with closing balances from cccs

Comment

I would wait until you get a contact from them then CCA them. Dog and kneecaps still OK?

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
                                No i checked the balances on our credit reports and more or less matched up with closing balances from cccs
                                Ok wait till they make contact with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X