GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
    As it's a joint loan do i send one cca request for us both or one each please?
    Just one CCA request
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks,ill get it sent tomorrow

Comment

Yes that's all correct. £5000 loan taken out in 2003 with £2,654 interest and £1,188 ppi added. Now owe £4,100. Stopped paying a couple of months ago after 8 years on dmp. No default showing and never receive statements from them

PPI?
        Have you thought of counter claiming for them mis-selling you the ppi?
        Was it front loaded to the loan? - if so it was mis-sold.
        Even if it wasnt - I bet they told you that you needed to take it out in order for the loan to be approved....like so many others who have gone (successfully) before you with such reclaims.
        Some tactics are needed here.
        SAR them asking for all info they hold on you / your account including telephone recordings and / or transcripts of telephone calls.
        This will take 40 days but will flush out what they have on you....then you can plan the attack.

Matty

Comment

Hi. Yes i've thought about it but as this is all new to me and i've not had any communication with the Co op i've just been following it step by step on here. Do i still send the CCA request and then the SAR or both together. Dont want to do the wrong thing. Thanks

Comment

Hi samsmum,

Personally I would send the s78 CCA request in one envelope and the Subject Access Request in another. Technically they will go to different departments as it is the company data controller's responsibility to deal with the SAR. Now it will be interesting. I know people have differing views on this but if they are claiming to hold a loan agreement with you personnally then it should also show in the SAR. Remeber the SAR will only apply to you personnally it is a statutory right of yours to see everything they hold on any relevant filing system about you and that includes microfiches as well. You could also get your OH to send one as you say it is a joint loan. Then as Matty says plan a campaign because I woulod bet not all of the documents will be the same.

Some argue that a CCA agreement document does not form part of a Subject Access Request, our solicitors have always maintained that it does and have always insisted on it. It IS personal data held by them and it should therefore be disclosed.

We can get Di30 to look in on this as well as she is very good on reclaims.

Garlok

Comment

Ok think i got that thanks. I've sent the cca request this morning,so we both now send the SAR and that's £10 each? Good job you know what you're talking about!!

Comment

Sent the SRA thingy's for both of us. Hope i never have to speak to anyone cos it's all way over my head all this.
                Thanks so much to you all for getting me to this stage without me or yourselves having a nervous breakdown!!

Comment

Well done - sit tight for now and see what comes.
                  They have 40 days to provide copies of ALL information that they hold on you.

Matty
                  Last edited by MattyA; 13 October 2011, 17:13. Reason: Realised this was a loan and not a credit card

Comment

Forget about minor problems like debt!! A mouse just ran across my pillow!!! What on earth do you do?? They can repossess the house tomorrow!!

Comment

Forget about minor problems like debt!! A mouse just ran across my pillow!!! What on earth do you do?? They can repossess the house tomorrow!!
                      hi,
                      Your quite right, except had it been a rat you would have known a dca was closing in.

Comment

If you really don't like mice get a cat or a mouse trap (you can get humane ones so you can let him/her go again), or if you don't mind them make it a little bed of its own so it does not need to use yours!!

Biggest problem will be to find out how it got in, check the outside for cracks or holes usually close to ground level so you can stop any more coming through.
                        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Oh you're both very funny!!!!! Cant even sell while we've got a sitting tenant can we? I'm seriously pooping myself

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                            if you don't mind them make it a little bed of its own so it does not need to use yours!!

Comment

Joking aside this has seriously freaked me. Been talking for ages about selling and renting cos not happy here and needs loads doing that we just cannot afford. Problem is with prices as they are we would be in negative equity.
                              Last edited by samsmum; 14 October 2011, 11:10.

Comment

Look around the outside of the house, see if there are any cracks it could have got in by, then stick a bit od cement in it to stop it happening again.
                                If you don't like killing things get a humane trap (only a few £ from Wilkinsons or B&Q)
                                http://search.diy.com/search#w=mouse%20trap&asug=

Do you know where it living/coming from?
                                When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
                                X