GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

Maybe i should PM this but hey today i dont mind if i win the award for being the dosiest person on here. Can you please explain in idiot language what ue means to me in the longterm. I understand that they cant pursue our debts through the courts but what do i do? Do i still make an arrangement to pay or just ignore?

My other daft question is where do i find the little ue guy to update my diary?

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
      Maybe i should PM this but hey today i dont mind if i win the award for being the dosiest person on here. Can you please explain in idiot language what ue means to me in the longterm. I understand that they cant pursue our debts through the courts but what do i do? Do i still make an arrangement to pay or just ignore?

My other daft question is where do i find the little ue guy to update my diary?
      you do not pay anything, you send the template I suggested in my last post - that's it
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Done my letters. Do i need to pay for these or is it just for the original cca request please?

Comment

No you don't need to pay anything else.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie. I'll get them sent off tomorrow

Comment

Done my letters. Do i need to pay for these or is it just for the original cca request please?
              pay for what?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                No you don't need to pay anything else.
                thanks Pixie

Comment

Morning.Re the local lender i spoke to you about. We sent them a CCA request on 10th Sept but have heard nothing. They've been ringing hubby on his mobile but he's not replied. Just had a text saying they need to start weekly collections from the house or meet up somewhere. Not sure how to handle this one or whether to just keep paying. We've paid back what we borrowed 3 times over,this is just interest on interest. Would love to do a F&F or somehing but really cant see them accepting

Comment

Don't meet them and don't pay them, they are in default of your cca request. Wait and see what they come back with.

In the meantime you could send the Telephone harassment letter perhaps adding a paragraph about not wanting them to visit your home from this
                    Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 3 January 2012, 03:07. Reason: link replacement

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Send this asap:
                      Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing. I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls and I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only. I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

I ought to draw your attention to the recent Harrison v Link Financial case in which HH Judge Chambers outlined the predatory way in which the account holder was hounded; I quote, from this judgment;
                      Cumulatively and damningly is what I find to be the way that MBNA and the Defendant went about recovering their debt. I am satisfied that the Claimant’s description of the way that he was hounded by his creditors is essentially correct not least in the use of “non-traceable” telephone calls. It seems to me that such conduct has no proper function in the recovery of consumer debt.
                      If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you may be liable to a substantial fine and/or other sanctions as they see fit. Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company may be recorded and used in evidence and I expect this harassment to cease immediately.

Similarly, I shall not be agreeing to meet you anywhere. Should it be your intention to arrange a doorstep visit, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully

Sign digitally

Comment

Thanks for putting those two together Niddy.

I'm trying to do a job application at the same time as being on here.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post

I'm trying to do a job application at the same time as being on here.
                          You could at least wait for Niddy to board the plane before applying for his job

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            You could at least wait for Niddy to board the plane before applying for his job
                            You made I laugh PlanB
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Not feeling quite so positive today. Just had letters from Reliable Collections re Ambrose Wilson and Simply Be to say they are doing a home contact on Wed between 6pm and 9pm. If i wish to cancel i need to make payments or set up direct debits. Not sure what to do as no time to write to them

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Not feeling quite so positive today. Just had letters from Reliable Collections re Ambrose Wilson and Simply Be to say they are doing a home contact on Wed between 6pm and 9pm. If i wish to cancel i need to make payments or set up direct debits. Not sure what to do as no time to write to them
                                Ignore them when they call and in the meantime you respond as follows (sent it asap - today) ---> Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit

Put two letters, one with each account, in the same envelope....
                                Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 3 January 2012, 03:09. Reason: link replacement

Comment

Working...
                                X