GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Malamute UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malamute UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Malamute UE Diary

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
    Good idea Mrs D.

Thanks for this - I've tried once a year so will wait til next year now. The cost of my account for them in post etc will always cost more than I'll give them

Comment

• Re: Malamute UE Diary

Hi Mal all the best and how are things now? xxxx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Wow! Long time and a few seem to have woken up

Lloyds credit card
        Balance £1796 defaulted Jan 2009 (not on credit report)
        Been paying £1 for years
        March 2024 - Lowell calling (will be sending relevant letter)

Natwest - Cabot/Orbit
        Balance – 3709.70 defaulted 2009 (not on credit report)
        Threat for a doorstep visit - sent them the threat of doorstep visit letter

Given the age of these (almost 15 years) ....... what is anyone's experience of simply saying go away?

Comment

• Hi

No experience at all of simply saying go away.

Your diary is years out of date, so not a great deal of help.

Natwest - Cabot/Orbit. Have you been paying anything towards this in recent years? If not, prior to this latest development, has anyone at all been chasing you regarding this account over the past six years?

Lloyds Credit Card. If you were to stop paying the £1, Lowell would probably keep chasing you until they decide to give up (if they do decide to give up - they could decide to go the other way instead).

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
            Hi

No experience at all of simply saying go away.

Your diary is years out of date, so not a great deal of help.

Natwest - Cabot/Orbit. Have you been paying anything towards this in recent years? If not, prior to this latest development, has anyone at all been chasing you regarding this account over the past six years?

Lloyds Credit Card. If you were to stop paying the £1, Lowell would probably keep chasing you until they decide to give up (if they do decide to give up - they could decide to go the other way instead).
            Thank you for your reply!

Apologies for it being so out of date.

Natwest - C/C defaulted in 2009 and it with Cabot - I get statements but not chased no. They acknowledge I've made payments of £1 (I got divorced and just set up £1 a month payments and left it alone. the Orbit letter came out of the blue. I've been paying £1 a month for years also. I'd get a letter every year or so to set up a plan and ignored it.

Lowell - they've just recently started calling - but nothing else. I've been paying £1 a month for years also. They sent an F&F offer through once a year for about £1000 that was ignored.

Comment

• OK, so SB out of the question for both accounts.

They both obviously want you to increase the level of repayment (or some clerk in the accounts dept does). However, with inflation, and particularly energy prices, that wouldn't be affordable would it?

For now, your initial plan (letters) is probably the thing to do. They may back off again.

Comment

Working...
              X