GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BlueArmy UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BlueArmy UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BlueArmy UE Diary

Originally posted by BlueArmy View Post
    I requested freezes on the letter I sent offering the token payments. I will ask again in a couple of weeks
    Good stuff. If it was me I would s-p-e-l-l it out in numbers the bit about their charges being greater than your payments because sometimes (and you must ask someone with legal knowledge) these charges can be perceived as 'penalties' which may be seen as an "Unfair Relationship" scenario. Like I say don't take it from me, but ask the question on the forum and see what comes back

Comment

I have to say, Egg are very persistant with the phone calls.

Might have to change phone numbers.

I had a nice record of the calls they have made right up until I went away. Now I cant find it seems the wife has "Cleaned up"

Time to start again. I knew it was a bad idea to leave it near the phone!

Comment

I have to say, Egg are very persistant with the phone calls.

Might have to change phone numbers.

I had a nice record of the calls they have made right up until I went away. Now I cant find it seems the wife has "Cleaned up"

Time to start again. I knew it was a bad idea to leave it near the phone!
        Have you sent them this ? > Harassment by Telephone
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

With Egg, you can change your number thay they have stored for you by logging into your account online - I'm not sure how quickly it would update and whether it would update all their records, but might be worth a try?

You could change it to the number of any old debt collection firm just for fun!

Comment

Egg changes the number instantly on the system, I did this and Egg have never phoned here. They won't let you put nothing so I just entered 00000 which worked fine. Another DCAs phone number would be fun though....................

Worth doing for any accounts to which you have online access.

Comment

Thanks for advice guys. My phone number is now the same as a certain other DCA, would you belive that for a coincidence?

Comment

Had an email from Barclaycard saying that my Egg account has been transferred to them in April and I will be receiving my new barclaycard and pin from them shortly.

I assume this is just some sort of take over that all egg users will get? Doesnt mention anything about account arrears etc.

So looks like I am going to have 2 disputes with Barclays now.

Just to update my position at this moment, I think myself and the wife are both going to make an appointment with the CCCS to get some advice which will suit us both.

Comment

I had an email from them, but at the bottom of the first paragraph mine said that due to the state of the account none of the below applies to me, so I will not be getting a shiny new card from Mr Barclays

Glad I opted for Co-op when I opened the basic start anew account now

Oh, just to point out that I don't want any credit cards again anyway so the crying is a joke
                  When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Dont have anything saying it doesnt apply to me, but I am sure they wont send me a card. At least default fees are down from £16 to £12

Comment

Sounds like I had the same email as Susie - due to the state of my account they want nothing to do with me either!

Comment

I'm really confused here - are you now going to do a DMP as opposed to following the UE route even though you erm, can't afford a dmp?

Strange to say the least - best of luck, whatever!
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Non of my debts are UE so there is no option other than try to scrape together a token payment in the hope they freeze account charges and interest.

I know that I wont be able to afford the £10 each per month in a few months unless something drastically changes.

Delete this thread if you want niddy, its all a bit confusing now. I will make a new post when I need advice.

Comment

Non of my debts are UE so there is no option other than try to scrape together a token payment in the hope they freeze account charges and interest.

I know that I wont be able to afford the £10 each per month in a few months unless something drastically changes.

Delete this thread if you want niddy, its all a bit confusing now. I will make a new post when I need advice.
                            Or why don't you just not pay! If you aint gottit, they can get judgment after judgment, it does not change the fact that you cannot pay!

Ergo, do not pay - just see what happens, surely that's better than struggling with things each month...?
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Or why don't you just not pay! If you aint gottit, they can get judgment after judgment, it does not change the fact that you cannot pay!

Ergo, do not pay - just see what happens, surely that's better than struggling with things each month...?
                              Well, it would be better but even with all the reasurances from the guys on here I just get too scared. I am still not fully aware of the actions they creditors can take. I have read these forums time and time again. Sometimes til it gets light and I dont realise.

Comment

blue i find things very hard to grasp but with the guidence here and all the help they get us through please listen to Nid xx
                                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X