GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BlueArmy UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BlueArmy UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BlueArmy Diary.

I have written out the letters to the creditors in this diary. Offered £10 payments and requested charge/interest freeze for 6 months.
    This is all I can do for now.

Didnt realise I was becoming a pain
    Now I feel abandoned.

Seriously though I will keep this up to date with any replies I get as it might help someone else.
    If I have any other questions I will post on another part of the forums.
    Once again Thanks for the help.

Comment

You're not being abandoned at all. Just hard saying the same thing several times in a different way. I said ages ago to consider a DIY or managed dmp. That's the best way forward from what you've said so far.

Seems you've taken that on board so good luck with it. Keep us updated. We'll help with follow ups to these letters.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok, thanks. Its appreciated

I doubt I will get anything back this week which means I can forget about it hopefully for 2 weeks. No doubt a nice bunch of letters and demands when I get back. At least I wont hear the phone ringing

Comment

Send your token payment letters and then (try to) forget about it all while you're away. It sounds like you're ready for the break so make sure you enjoy it.

Just so as you know what to expect, creditors will tell you that the amount you're offering is too low and that they won't accept unless you increase your offer - what they don't tell you though is that they won't actually refuse those payments (they will be applied to your account in the same way a 'normal' payment would be), they just don't have to freeze interest. A couple of mine froze straight away, some froze after around 3 months of £1 token payments and others haven't frozen at all.

Good luck - and enjoy your hols

Comment

Just a quick update. I dont need to quote from the main posts as all it is was the face I sent all letters requesting token payments on 23rd August.

And received a letter from mbna saying I am in breach of terms and account has been restricted.

When I get back from my break I will send in the token payments regardless of what letters I get on my return.

Comment

Re: BlueArmy UE Diary

Ok, I am back from my 2 week break.
              Arrived home to various letters.

All letters from EGG are asking for me to contact them as I am in arrears.

Got a default notice from Santander over my Asda card.

And mbna sent me a restriction of account letter and a form to add my incomings and outgoings to.

Not one of them has responded directly to my £10 payment requests.

Do I need to scan anything for you to look at niddy?

All seem to be threats of further actions and home visits....

Comment

Sounds par for the course.

Start indexing and catalogueing all letter sent, received and phone calls, including the envelopes. Keeping good records now may help in the future in making the creditors behave as they should.

Comment

Bluearmy

if you are set on doing a self-managed DMP for these debts, you should be making the payments anyway. if you wait for them to agree to play nicely, you'll be retired and it won't actually matter!! You should pay these debts by standing order and you need to get the details from them to set up the payments. Do you have any of these details?

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                    You should pay these debts by standing order and you need to get the details from them to set up the payments. Do you have any of these details?
                    If he hasn't the details will be on their websites for the credit cards.

Comment

I have details for all my cards so i can send payment from my bank. So I should just pay each one on the same day each month even though they dont officially agree?

Comment

if you're going down the route of the self-managed DMP, then yes you need to get started with the payments. then there will be argybargy by mail but if its what you can afford, its what they got to get.

Comment

mbna and santander have now sent me a letter saying they are sorry I am in trouble etc etc and both enclosed an earnings/expenditure form.

They asking for my wife income also. Now she doesnt pay towards any of my bills as she has her own. I am starting to wonder if the advice to join both our debts together is a good idea now............

Also, one asks for a recent bank statement. Problem with that is the wife puts money into it to pay her bills.

Comment

Do not fill in any I&E forms. Just use the templates from our site to negotiate payments. Tell them what you want them to know and pay directly - they'll never agree if you mess around so just pay anyway then once a month copy your statement and add to folder to prove all were paid for previous month etc.....
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank god I waited for a reply. Was about to start filling this stuff in. So its just make sure I pay what I offered on time each month and keep proof for now?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueArmy View Post
                                Thank god I waited for a reply. Was about to start filling this stuff in. So its just make sure I pay what I offered on time each month and keep proof for now?
                                Yes - do not fill in I&E forms - ONLY a court can insist on such....

Trust me here....

Comment

Working...
                                X