GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BlueArmy UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BlueArmy UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BlueArmy Diary.

Originally posted by BlueArmy View Post
    Dont see why they thought it was important to send me the t and c again.
    Cos they think they can pass them off as an agreement
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Cos they think they can pass them off as an agreement
      So I just wait.......

Also, while I am here. Would it be best to maybe now get a joint bank account with the wife and do a joint income/outgoings budget sheet and contact both sets of creditors or just stick with my own?

The wife us seriously considering her options now.

Its a right old minefield this lot

Comment

So I just wait.......

Also, while I am here. Would it be best to maybe now get a joint bank account with the wife and do a joint income/outgoings budget sheet and contact both sets of creditors or just stick with my own?

The wife us seriously considering her options now.

Its a right old minefield this lot
        Yes, wait....

1. If you can get a joint account, basic or whatever, go for it
        2. No need to do a joint income budget thingy yet
        3. is the mrs willing to look at UE?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Yes, wait....

1. If you can get a joint account, basic or whatever, go for it
          2. No need to do a joint income budget thingy yet
          3. is the mrs willing to look at UE?
          Will be no point in looking at UE due to the dates the credit was taken out.

Will look into a joint account asap

Comment

Will be no point in looking at UE due to the dates the credit was taken out.

Will look into a joint account asap
            Ok so maybe look at a joint DMP.

Comment

Virgin Money (MBNA)

20th August. Seems like they are just ignoring the missing terms blag. And treating it for what it is...a blag. Received A letter from MBNA saying I am 2 payments in arrears to pay immediatley. And, on a seperate letter, a Notice of Sums in arrears.

Not had time to draft up my letters asking for £1 payments for 6 months yet. I think I need to do this asap. I am away on holiday for 2 weeks next saturday so at least I get a break from this. Better make the most of it as it could be my last

Comment

Egg Card

20th August Payment overdue and over credit limit letter received.
                As above post. Need to crack on with the letters now.

Comment

Just a theoretical question at the moment...

If the wife was to stop paying her cards etc what would be the best way for us to both go about getting it managed?
                  Bare in mind we have seperate cards from the same creditors. Asda, Virgin and so on.
                  I used to pay mine through my bank. She deposits monies from her wages and any tax credits we may have into my bank to pay hers.

Total per month for both of us together is probably close to £800 per month.

Dont know whether to get a joint account and go at it together or stay as we are.......

I have a barclaycard with £2400 credit on it which is pre 2007 which I was going to use to cover some of the debts, but realised that will get me in deeper and cut it up , will have to phone them to close the account as it could prove too tempting

Also, seperate note, can anyone help with the wording of my letters asking for £1 payments for 6 months? I read the template letters and they say that I include a budget sheet. I cant really include a budget sheet as I have no income of my own at all. Nothing regular anyway.

Comment

Bluearmy, I'm confused, are you saying you are paying out £800 a month to creditors?
                    good idea to cut up the BC,

Comment

Wise Counsel indeed Mrs D. Cut up the Barclaycard and never consider using another card to pay off another debt.

It may be suggested by some unscrupulous DCAs but it si aginst the OFT guidelines for debt collection for them even to mention yet it appears at the bottom of a lot of letters.

Like Mrs D I too am a little surprised and confused as to the £800 a month payments to creditors.

regards
                      Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                        Bluearmy, I'm confused, are you saying you are paying out £800 a month to creditors?
                        good idea to cut up the BC,
                        Sorry, I meant if I added my min payments (which I can no longer make as described in this thread) to the wifes minimum payments (Which she can JUST about manage to make) the total would be around £800 per month. Sounds a crazy amount when I put it like that.

I just want some pointers on what to put on my letters......

Just trying to find out if its worth me and the wife both looking for some sort of dmp or just continuing myself......
                        Last edited by BlueArmy; 22 August 2011, 11:31.

Comment

£800pm would mean a rolling balance of at least a combined debt of £25,000 based on 3% repayments.

I think you need to be a bit more forthcoming with details for us to offer any real help as it's pointless reducing some debts whilst being skint from others. Combine it all into one easy affordable monthly dmp is probably best here.

See this:---> Debt Management

Comment

To make offers (self managed dmp) see here:---> Templates - General Debt

Comment

I am getting lost in all this now. I must be a little bit thick or something.

I think I will just get to grips with my own debts at the moment. Once I get mine under control I will help with wife with hers if she decides its getting too much.

How can I just tell all the creditors I have no real income? It just seems unbelievable and embarrassing. I used to manage so well, now I am in deep.

Comment

Mate ring cccs or payplan. They are free and can both talk you through this.

That's my final word on it.

Best of luck whatever you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X