GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BlueArmy UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BlueArmy UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BlueArmy Diary.

Updated Asda (Santander) post. Received CCA this morning 1 month after request was received. Scanning to Niddy. Not getting my hopes up though.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueArmy View Post
      Updated Asda (Santander) post. Received CCA this morning 1 month after request was received. Scanning to Niddy. Not getting my hopes up though.
      can you quote the update please...?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Asda Credit Card (Santander)

15th August Exactly 1 month after the got my request I receive the CCA. Going to scan to Niddy this afternoon.
        This is how to quote it..... that way the actual update is there for us to see straight away!

Please scan and send, lets have a mooch
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Asda (Santander) update.

15th August Niddy says

Just awaiting barclaycard now which will no doubt be the same. Looks like I am screwed.

Comment

Barclay Card
            Opened 15/11/2008

Balance £1930
            Last payment June.

CCA request posted 2nd August
            CCA request delivered and signed for 3rd August

13th August : Received acknowledgement letter from Barclaycard dated 11th August.
            This will also be enforceable due to the start date..... sorry, not great news at all really.

Listen if you cannot afford to pay then don't, they can make as many threats as they want but if you can't pay, then you can't pay - not much else they can do! It's not illegal to get into debt.....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              This will also be enforceable due to the start date..... sorry, not great news at all really.

Listen if you cannot afford to pay then don't, they can make as many threats as they want but if you can't pay, then you can't pay - not much else they can do! It's not illegal to get into debt.....

So what is my next step? Ask for token payments?
              I realise I will have to move my questions to another part of the forums once I find all my cards are enforceable..

Comment

So what is my next step? Ask for token payments?
                I realise I will have to move my questions to another part of the forums once I find all my cards are enforceable..
                No you're fine to leave this here if you want, we'd move it if necessary....

Ok, what is your finances like, ie can you afford a DMP or the like? Do you own your home?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  No you're fine to leave this here if you want, we'd move it if necessary....

Ok, what is your finances like, ie can you afford a DMP or the like? Do you own your home?

Dont own my own home. Also, I dont work. Wife works and we get tax credits etc. That goes in the wifes bank account along with her wages. She pays her own cards etc and utiliy bills and so on.

All I get in my bank is paypal from the odd bits and bobs on ebay etc. Also, the wife deposits money into my account so I can pay some of her cards using online banking as her nationwide account is pretty rubbish for things like that.

I can no way afford the £100 to £140 per month per card. Might be able to push to £100 in total.

I knew I should have paid more than minimum payments when I was a bit better off. Its just so tempting to spend the bloody things.

So annoyed with myself but its too late now

Comment

Dont own my own home. Also, I dont work. Wife works and we get tax credits etc. That goes in the wifes bank account along with her wages. She pays her own cards etc and utiliy bills and so on.

All I get in my bank is paypal from the odd bits and bobs on ebay etc. Also, the wife deposits money into my account so I can pay some of her cards using online banking as her nationwide account is pretty rubbish for things like that.

I can no way afford the £100 to £140 per month per card. Might be able to push to £100 in total.

I knew I should have paid more than minimum payments when I was a bit better off. Its just so tempting to spend the bloody things.

So annoyed with myself but its too late now
                    Hiya

Ok, don't worry about that - if you cannot afford, then you cannot afford. You can choose what you do really, its up to you...
                    1. Walk away - they cannot take what you do not have - just ignore them and let it go / forget about it.

2. Look into doing a dmp which would look at eating any disposable income you have, as you're not earning then that'll be fruitless as it'll be £1 per month for like 500 years
                    If I was you, I know what I'd be doing, we can help with any threats etc - however, it's up to you at the end of the day. Point is, nothing illegal or sinister here, just a case of prioritising and your health and wife etc comes before debt, right?

Comment

If I am honest I would rather offer some kind of payment to get them off my back a little. I dont want a constant struggle to ignore this and that.

Ignoring everything would be alot simpler if I wasnt so scared of consequences :P

What are the steps I take to offer token payments? Is there a template letter or anything?

Comment

what consequences are worrying you?
                        if you don't own your own home the worst that can happen are CCJs, if you have no money coming in the court is going to set an affordable payment for you, we've had £1 agreed a couple of months ago, so there really aren't consequences to ignoring for a couple of months to let you get an emergency fund up and running. If you can't afford any of this, you have to stop paying the wife's CCs as well, your family has to come before unsecured credit. Your situation is exactly the same as the rest of us, we can't afford to pay our committments and are taking action to preserve our standards of living the best way we can. one thing is certain, it would be madness to go into any kind of DMP and not include your wife's debt. You should also have a look at the Hardship criteria, you may be able to use some of that, but they can't have it if you haven't got it, that's absolutely certain.

Comment

If I am honest I would rather offer some kind of payment to get them off my back a little. I dont want a constant struggle to ignore this and that.

Ignoring everything would be alot simpler if I wasnt so scared of consequences :P

What are the steps I take to offer token payments? Is there a template letter or anything?
                          I think you may need to consider what Mrs Dopey has stated as well and also add the wifes debts to the dmp so at least you're total monthly exposure is better meaning yea, she may ruin her credit file but if there are any old (or current) joint accounts then you'll be linked financially meaning your credit file would affect her anyway.

Its a tough one to call, but whatever - don't be scared of any consequences, what do you expect them to do? Publicly flog you

Comment

Barclay Card

16th August : CCA arrives. Scanning now for Niddy although its looking less than hopeful
                            Update

Comment

Update
                              As per my reply mate, its unenforceable as far as things go but it's not as it can't be as it is after 04/2007 so section s.127 (3-5) was repealed.

Sorry.....

Basically it buys you time, thats about it. Just see what they do next yea?

Comment

Ok, now as I have all the CCA's back, how do I go about asking them to maybe suspend interest and accept token payments?

I understand that they will probably say no, but its worth a try

Comment

Working...
                                X