GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BlueArmy UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BlueArmy UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BlueArmy UE Diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Yes - do not fill in I&E forms - ONLY a court can insist on such....

Trust me here....
    The ledners will start to insist - so what, stand firm and respond to other things as normal ignoring anything about I&E's or partners income if the partner is not included in your debts.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

All they have asked for at the mo is the I&E to be sent back. They say please do not ignore this.
      So....I ignore it and just pay the tokens for now.....

Hopefully this is not affecting my health as I have been having heart palpatations for months believe it or not
      Wife has now found out and making me go doctors, women eh?

Thanks for the advice Niddy it is really appreciated.

Comment

Hi BA,

Just endorsing what Niddy has already said to you. It is most unwise to give them any I & E details regardless of them throwing rattles out of prams and the like. From a personal experience point of view as well, with hold any of the health issues you have mentioned above. On trying to be fair and honest in our own case when my heart trouble was diagnosed I foolishly talked to them and they WILL exploit this.

I would reveal nothing to them, never expose a weakness in any way and stand firm. I was alone and did not have AAD in support, I only had my reading of other forums. You are here and have the best help and support there is. Seriously!!

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Just heard back from Barclaycard.
          Basically they appreciate my £10 offer but its not enough and I need to contact them with expenditure stuff.

Comment

Hi Blue Army,

I would not tell them anything at all. This is the offer I can afford take it or leave it. If you are determined to make token payments at that level, then just make them is what I would do. Ignore their tantrums until such times as they make some legal threat, or sell it or involve DCAs.

Really!! Niddy has said it above and I can only reinforce that. Barclays are probably one of the worst to deal with as they always play hard ball. All that happens is that they lose out in the end if you stand up to them.

regards
            Garlok
            Last edited by garlok; 13 September 2011, 10:06.

Comment

If you do write back tell them that prices have gone up since your last letter so your offer is £9 a month now!
              When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by BlueArmy View Post
                Just heard back from Barclaycard.
                Basically they appreciate my £10 offer but its not enough and I need to contact them with expenditure stuff.
                That's standard, they tried that with me. As others have pointed out, do not send them your I&E they have no right to see it. Only a court can make you provide this information so ignore their pleas.
                Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Ok, so today I made £10 payments to the 4 credit card companies.

Seems pointless to me at the moment though as charges are over £25 each month alone before interest.

I guess its the start of another long game.

Comment

Hi BlueArmy,

There is no such thing as a "short game" in all of this. The bankruptcy rules are about to be enforced more rigidly so the "easy" option there will disappear and you could face making payments for a very long time even after discharge.

All litigious and legal procedures are longwinded and one of the real weapons you have in your posession is PATIENCE. If you are impatient and try to press things you WILL lose out. We have now been running with our issues for four years even with professional legal representation for the last two.

It is standard legal advice and litigation practice to make the B*****DS come to you. Always lie in wait, in ambush, well armed with the facts and defend any action they dare to bring, do not be proactive in any of this. If you are proactive, legally the onus of proof lies completely with you, if you wait as advised then it is they who have to prove their case.

If you then apply these principles to what you have seen on this site and the help you have been given so far you will see the logic of the professionals. Be patient my friend, read up on Niddy's history around the site and you will see he is in year six I believe of issues which were not even his own debts!!!

Just stick to the help you have here and make best use of the letters etc as and when needed. Relax and enjoy life a little, just because you have debt problems does not preclude that.

regards
                    Garlok
                    Last edited by garlok; 15 September 2011, 08:32.

Comment

• Re: BlueArmy UE Diary

I am right to send some payments though aren't I?
                      Its wrong to ignore everything in the hope it will go away?

I wrote offering £10 per month for 6 months and I will see how I am then. Likelyhood is i will have even less cash available.

Each creditor refused the offer though, but thats all I can afford at a push

Comment

Bluearmy, if you had written an offer £200 per month and that didn't cover your arrears, they would still want more, it is the nature of the beast. You scraped together the ten pound offers and they think its a starting bid in some bizarre game.

This is the way it is, I've said before being in debt is a bit like that bit in the Matrix, when Keanu Reeves finds out what the real world is really like and it ain't pretty!

I still agree with Niddy and you should be looking at UE, the phonecalls and letters are not going to be any worse than they are now. Trying to do the right thing where debt is concerned is probably a waste of time, because no creditor will give you credit for trying to do it!

Comment

I would endorse what Mrs D has said. If you are determined to make token payments then they should start and finish at what you can afford NOTHING MORE. Having been through what we have been through I would always now say that if you do not legally have to pay a debt and that includes UE ones then don't pay.

I have quoted professional legal opinion before and that is:-

" it is not about debt avoidance, it is about ensuring that sohisticated financial institutions complying with the law in Statute by Parliament, it is perfectly proper they should pay the penalty for non compliance embodied in those laws which is they lose the right to enforce such debts" or words to that effect. All in the public domain on the net by a very senior lawyer indeed.

Also remember that the Statute of Limitations starts to take effect from the moment you no longer acknowledge the debt and when the next payment becomes due and you don't make it. All the while you make these token payments then the Statute barring clock can never start.

The hassle and aggravation (much of it unlawful to boot) you get as Mrs D so rightly says will be the same whatever you do. Hence it has to be a personal decision as which is the best way for you. We will help you whatever that decision is as there are people here experienced in most aspects who will do their level best to keep you from the court and try to find a way forward at the least possible cost and pain to you. Be aware that all of this is not an easy road and there are no easy magic wands and you will plumb the depths of despair but you are with AAD and we are never more than a few clicks away!!!

regards
                          Garlok

Comment

In my opinion you are doing the right thing in sending the £10 payments for now to the enforceable ones - sending them what you can afford (and not what they tell you they'll accept as they won't actually refuse any payment) is taking control.

I've been sending £1 a month for nearly 6 months now, and at first it is disheartening when you see the balances increase each month (I think my overall balance has gone up from £79,000 to £82,000 since I stopped making the required minimum payments and that's just interest and charges) but eventually the creditors have mostly frozen the accounts if only on a temporary basis.

Yes they write to me regularly and threaten me, and THEY USE CAPITALS TO MAKE THEMSELVES SEEM IMPORTANT, but they're only trying to frighten you. Your own fear is your worst enemy here, taking control and only dealing with them in writing (change your phone number if you have to - I changed my home number and just ignored calls on my mobile until I had checked the incoming number online to see who it was, and if they threaten you with local collectors come and post here and you'll be given a link to send a letter to them telling them that you revoke their rights to visit you (and if they do visit, ignore the door (I have) or answer it and tell them to go away (I panic when faced with confrontations which is why I ignored the doorstep collector and why I'll never speak to any creditor on the phone)). Taking this control and only dealing in writing is very empowering.

It looks as though like me, a lot of your debts are enforceable, so I understand that you don't want things to spiral out of control. But sending these payments will allow you to take a bit of breathing space and take stock of where you are in a few months time.

Oh and if/when you write to creditors, don't ask them if they will accept payments of £x, just tell them that's what they're getting.
                            Last edited by DNW; 15 September 2011, 10:46.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueArmy View Post
                              Ok, so today I made £10 payments to the 4 credit card companies.

Seems pointless to me at the moment though as charges are over £25 each month alone before interest.

I guess its the start of another long game.
                              A silly question, but have you actually asked the creditors to freeze the interest and stop charging the late payment penalties etc? If you point out to them that they are putting you in a worse position if they charge you £xxx in fees when you are only able to pay £x towards the debt each month. Always lay a paper trail which could help you later down the line

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                                A silly question, but have you actually asked the creditors to freeze the interest and stop charging the late payment penalties etc? If you point out to them that they are putting you in a worse position if they charge you £xxx in fees when you are only able to pay £x towards the debt each month. Always lay a paper trail which could help you later down the line
                                I requested freezes on the letter I sent offering the token payments. I will ask again in a couple of weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X