Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Diary

Hi!

Firstly, just like to say what a wonderful resource this place is. I am truly inspired by the success that occurs in this forum. Long may it continue!

I'm new having lurked for a few months and am hoping to get my financial position back on track.

I have 3 debts in total - all were defaulted on in early 2017 - as I understand it they will drop off my credit file in 2023 (paid or unpaid) - Is that right?

Thank you all, in advance, for any and all help.
    Last edited by ca71; 16 October 2020, 06:40.

Debt 1 - PRA Group - Status: In Dispute

Type of account: Barclaycard Platinum Credit card

Date commenced: October 2010
    Approx balance: >£10k
    Date last paid in full: December 2016
    Date last part paid: August 2021

Being Reported to CRA: No

Current status: Not paying
    Assigned: PRA Group in December 2017
    Account Owner: PRA Group

History:
    09/05/2019 - PRA offered to settle account for 37.5% of the outstanding debt - Filed
    17/12/2020 - SAR output received from Barclays.
    22/12/2020 - CCA sent and proof of posting obtained
    08/01/2021 - Reply from PRA; returning £1 Postal Order (they don't charge) and stating they need to refer to the original lender and that collection activity will cease.
    15/01/2021 - CCA documents received from PRA Group. Scanned and sent to Niddy.
    18/01/2021 - Niddy states unenforceable.
    09/06/2021 - Letter from Barclaycard refunding (direct to PRA) fees due to incorrectly calculated default fees.
    01/08/2021 - PRA considers the account unenforceable.
    28/08/2021 - Standing order cancelled.
    19/12/2022 - I made a "Without Prejudice" F&F offer of <1%. PRA countered saying they would accept 90% of the alleged outstanding balance.
    12/01/2023 - Notification from ClearScore that this card will shortly be removed from my credit file.
    27/09/2023 - Your account is being transferred to Moorcroft. They'll be in touch.
    17/01/2024 - Your account has recently been transferred to PRA Group UK Portfolios Limited.
    Last edited by ca71; 17 January 2024, 13:25.

Comment

Debt 2 - Cabot (Financial) Europe Ltd - Status: Account closed (not paid)

Type of account: Natwest Credit Card

Date commenced: September 1999
      Date last part paid: March 2021

Assigned: Cabot (Financial) Europe Ltd in Mar 2019
      Account Owner: Cabot (Financial) Europe Ltd

History:
      11/09/2020 - SAR sent to Natwest.
      01/10/2020 - Cabot offered to settle account for 30% of the outstanding debt
      12/10/2022 - Response received from Natwest re: SAR. Credit card records are only held from Sep/Oct 2001. Various credit card statements were provided. If available, the credit card application form will be sent within 10 days. This was not forthcoming.
      27/01/2020 - No response received
      27/03/2021 - Standing Order canceled.
      11/05/2021 - Letter from Cabot: Would I like to 'Set up a personal payment plan?'
      14/05/2021 - Letter from Resolvecall Limited: We've been passed your details from Cabot. Would I like to settle? Discounts available.
      04/06/2021 - Letter from Resolvecall Limited. You can settle for 75% of the outstanding balance (25% discount)
      03/10/2021 - Letter from Cabot - They've asked for the issue to be passed back from Resolvecall to Cabot.
      03/12/2021 - Letter from Cabot - We've asked BPO Collections to "manage your account for us".
      01/06/2022 - Letter from Cabot - We've located you at your new address.
      01/09/2022 - Letter from Cabot - We've referred the matter to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors.
      03/09/2022 - Letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors (MCS) - Your overdue debt requires urgent action.
      03/09/2022 - SMS from MCS - Regarding an urgent personal matter.
      04/09/2022 - Letter from MCS - You have 26 days to respond or court action will commence.
      15/09/2022 - Letter from MCS - Avoid Legal Action letter.
      16/09/2022 - SMS from MCS - Regarding an urgent personal matter.
      23/09/2022 - Letter from MCS - Formal pre-legal action will commence in 14 days.
      30/09/2022 - Letter from MCS - Formal pre-legal action will commence in 7 days.
      16/10/2022 - LBC received from MCS. Formal legal action will commence in 30 days.
      28/11/2022 - Letter of Claim from Northampton court received. JCS engaged.
      29/12/2022 - Letter from Cabot: "Your account is no longer with our solicitors, it has been returned to Cabot Financial. You don't need to do anything and no further action will be taken to collect your outstanding balance. If this account is on your Credit File, we will continue to report it as outstanding".
      05/07/2023 - Court notification that case has been dismissed.
      Last edited by ca71; 9 February 2024, 09:21.

Comment

Debt 3 - Cabot (Financial) Europe Ltd - Status: In Dispute

Type of account: Capital One Credit Card
        Date commenced: July 1999
        Date last part paid: July 2021

Assigned: Cabot (Financial) Europe Ltd in September 2019
        Account Owner: Cabot (Financial) Europe Ltd

History:
        01/10/2020 - Cabot offered to settle account for 30% of the outstanding debt.
        16/09/2020 - SAR output received from Capital One.

15/01/2021 - CCA acknowledgment letter received - They will write again with an update in the next 12 days.
        26/01/2021 - They are still awaiting info from the original lender. Debt is currently unenforceable but please keep paying.
        28/01/2021 - They are still awaiting info from the original lender. Debt is currently unenforceable but please keep paying.
        22/06/2021 - They can't provide the info requested. Debt is currently unenforceable but please keep paying.
        07/07/2021 - Standing Order cancelled.
        23/08/2021 - Cabot confirmed that the outstanding balance is unenforceable. Cabot offered to settle account for 25% of the outstanding debt.
        04/04/2022 - Cabot stated that as I have failed to respond to their attempts to make contact, I have 9 days to respond or they will increase the frequency of contact (more by phone, email, SMS and letter)
        04/01/2023 - SAR sent to Capital One for any data since September 2020.
        04/02/2023 - SAR declined due to a different name on the account (I changed my name through marriage in 2022) - SAR resubmitted with a copy of my marriage certificate enclosed.
        Last edited by ca71; 9 February 2024, 09:20.

Comment

Good morning,

Thanks for starting your diary,
          you have sent offers for F+F payments, did you send a CCA request first, to make sure they were enforceable ?
          Did you head your payment offer Without Prejudice,.
          have you not had a reply from PRA ?

NW

???
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi NW

Sorry I realised my words weren't clear. I didn't offer to settle the accounts - they were offered to me by PRA and Cabot - I've edited the Diary posts to make that clear.

I've not submitted CCA's yet.

Apologies.

Comment

hello hold fire on CCA further input may be asked first!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                hello hold fire on CCA further input may be asked first!
                Will do.

Comment

Thanks for your reply,

from that I take it all have been in contact with you for a while, but you have not replied to them.
                  are you still paying them the £5.
                  was payment agreed by DMC, or self managed?
                  as TTC says wait before sending a CCA as Di may have a few questions about PRA.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                    Thanks for your reply,

from that I take it all have been in contact with you for a while, but you have not replied to them.
                    are you still paying them the £5.
                    was payment agreed by DMC, or self managed?
                    as TTC says wait before sending a CCA as Di may have a few questions about PRA.
                    Yes, still paying each debtor £5 per month. All are being self-managed.

Comment

Originally posted by ca71 View Post
                      just like to say what a wonderful resource this place is. I am truly inspired by the success that occurs in this forum. Long may it continue!

What a nice compliment, thank you.

I would send a s77-79 CCA Request to each of these three debts so you know where you stand since they are high value (two of them over £20k).

I now know who you are (we have spoken before )

Di

Comment

Bump due to update on PRA CCA (above).

Comment

Just wanted to double check that cancelling my standing order is the right thing to do at this time. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hiya.
                            it's as good a time as any, Cabot have offered low F&F, so me thinks they know that they may have problems getting paperwork, because of when first opened,
                            you will get a flurry of calls when they realise your payment has stopped, try not to talk to them on the phone.

NW

Comment

Thanks, Nightwatch. I never speak to creditors on the phone and block any numbers that they call from.

Comment

Working...
                              X