GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moonmonkey's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moonmonkey's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonmonkey View Post
    Barclaycard / Link

Agreement Start Date: 31/05/2005
    Feb 20 Balance: £1118.70
    Last Payment via Payplan: 15 Feb 2020 £99.61
    CCA requested: 27/02/2020
    CCA signed for: 02/03/2020

30/03/2020 - Letter received from link apologising for the delay - but Barclaycard have been unable to supply the documents within the 12 working day timescale. Although the account is currently UNENFORCEABLE until such time as the vendors documentation has been received, it remains collectable and they can still add a default etc.

Luckily Default dropped of my CRA's March 2019.

30/04/2020 - Statement of Account from Link

12/08/2020 - Letter received from Link - saying they have been unable to establish a constructive dialogue with your advisor (that will be Payplan) so they have cancelled my payment arrangement and to contact them to discuss repayment.

This is still unenforceable - no mention of the CCA request

September 2020 - picked the phone up to Link - advised that the CCA was outstanding and that why i wont be paying.......

3 days later CCA in the post - address was wrong - they just added last known address.

Niddy says unenforceable

Weekly phonecalls that I am ignoring - i'm a little twitchy about this one though
    Only update really since the AAD Lockdown

Comment

Only update really since the AAD Lockdown

And it's a positive update since the credit agreement has been deemed unenforceable

No need to feel twitchy

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

And it's a positive update since the credit agreement has been deemed unenforceable

No need to feel twitchy

Di
        thank you Di - in my mind they are sitting there thinking they have complied and i'm sitting here thinking its unenforceable. They then send a letter before claim and i Sh#t my pants

Comment

thank you Di - in my mind they are sitting there thinking they have complied and i'm sitting here thinking its unenforceable. They then send a letter before claim and i Sh#t my pants

Would you like me to take a peek at Link's Letter of Claim? Email it to me if you do

Di

Comment

Would you like me to take a peek at Link's Letter of Claim? Email it to me if you do

Di
            sorry they haven't sent me a letter of claim - but im worried (twitchy) that they will

Comment

sorry they haven't sent me a letter of claim - but im worried (twitchy) that they will

I wouldn't worry about getting a Letter of Claim for an unenforceable debt - you know where to find me if you do

Di

Comment

I wouldn't worry about getting a Letter of Claim for an unenforceable debt - you know where to find me if you do

Di
                Thanks - I feel safer now we are all back together

Comment

Barclaycard / Link

30/03/2020 - Letter received from link apologising for the delay - but Barclaycard have been unable to supply the documents within the 12 working day timescale. Although the account is currently UNENFORCEABLE until such time as the vendors documentation has been received, it remains collectable and they can still add a default etc.

12/08/2020 - Letter received from Link - saying they have been unable to establish a constructive dialogue with your advisor (that will be Payplan) so they have cancelled my payment arrangement and to contact them to discuss repayment.

September 2020 - picked the phone up to Link - advised that the CCA was outstanding and that why i wont be paying.......

3 days later CCA in the post - address was wrong - they just added last know address.

Niddy says unenforceable

Weekly phonecalls that I am ignoring - i'm a little twitchy about this one though

23/10/2020 - like a plum i picked up the phone to Link (thought it was Oak Furniture Land) - wanting me to set up a payment arrangement. Said that the CCA I received was invalid and i wouldn't be paying. They said they would get the original agreement in the post. Feel i'm making the situation worse
                  26/10/2020 - Moonmonkey strikes again !!

Comment

• Block the number, IF you do speak to them again, do not go through security questions with them, just hang up!

telling them it is invalid, means that they will try harder to find the paperwork.
                    Although, Barclaycard are known to be really bad at finding all the docs, even some from 2018,
                    So No talking on the phone
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Can I suggest if you can’t help answering to and speaking to them that you abolish your phone to the filing cabinet until a more suitable time - ie when your brain engages before your lips move!!!! It’s for your own well being you understand not to offend you.

you are your own worst enemy! and some people think we descended from monkeys????

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                        Can I suggest if you can’t help answering to and speaking to them that you abolish your phone to the filing cabinet until a more suitable time - ie when your brain engages before your lips move!!!! It’s for your own well being you understand not to offend you.

you are your own worst enemy! and some people think we descended from monkeys????
                        Wow - I appreciate the tough love I blocked the number and will wait and see what they send me

Comment

• I like to call it firm but fair!!!!

Comment

Barclaycard / Link

3 days later CCA in the post - address was wrong - they just added last know address.

Niddy says unenforceable

23/10/2020 - like a plum i picked up the phone to Link (thought it was Oak Furniture Land) - wanting me to set up a payment arrangement. Said that the CCA I received was invalid and i wouldn't be paying. They said they would get the original agreement in the post. Feel i'm making the situation worse

05/11/2020 - statement received from link - obviously still trying to rustle up the CCA
                            05/11/2020 - statement received from Stink

Comment

• Makes me chuckle how in this day and age creditors still put last address on recon cca request . They did it for my ex when I was dealing with the debt, I knew for a fact the account had been opened at our matrimonial home so it was bye bye. That was 8 years ago and yet they still do it.

Comment

Barclaycard / Link

Niddy says unenforceable

05/11/2020 - statement received from link - obviously still trying to rustle up the CCA

17/11/2020 - already a couple of calls this week, an automated Vmail and a text from Link (all ignored) - Not gonna lie this one is stressing me out.
                                Small Update

Comment

Working...
                                X