GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moonmonkey's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moonmonkey's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stevo62 View Post

Good evening all, I like many others read with interest the input on this superb site every evening and the inspiration, confidence and solace I have taken from it is unmeasurable, the warm hearted, polite and influential welcome from numerous members was absolutely unbelievable, the early days of fear, impending letters, phone calls, threats and the like, you all know, you've been there are long gone for me, others will be here in their early days looking for the same.

However recently it feels that the energy either collective or individual has been lost and it doesn't matter what thread I read it would seem there is an egotistical battle between some that is absolutely needless, boring and most of all unhelpful to those of us who are still seeking ongoing guidance when needed, we are all here for the same reason, we all have the same goal and each of us should be looking out for each other with content that will valuable moving forward either given or received regardless of status.

This is not a criticism but an observation with a sincerity that used to exist on this site, my apologies if anyone feels I have spoken out of turn but for the last 3 plus years I have found diaries, comments, replies and even personal phone calls all extremely helpful and long may this continue for all of us, I WILL NOT engage in any individual dialogue with anyone, it's positivity that's needed in these difficult times for those of us here that are still not out of the woods, anything negative, written or otherwise I'm sure would be better channelled elsewhere.
    before AAD Niddy ran another site (forgot the name now) ? culminated setting up AAD. I was on that one very early days.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 16 October 2023, 10:01.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• i'm honoured that you all decided to have an argument on my diary !!!!

Comment

• that can be the problem if you took umbridge and left I would understand, it is not helpful, there is a thread somewhere they could discuss away from peeps private threads.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          that can be the problem if you took umbridge and left I would understand, it is not helpful, there is a thread somewhere they could discuss away from peeps private threads.
          POSTERS CHAT AREA leaving arguments out of posters threads

USE THIS ONE PLEASE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonmonkey View Post
            i'm honoured that you all decided to have an argument on my diary !!!!
            I think the argumentative posts ought to be deleted.

Comment

• I think the argumentative posts ought to be deleted.
              I agree. I've had things to say during the recent spats but didn't feel it was helpful to distract further from the original posters thread. Now that there's somewhere else to 'discuss' these things, have at it and we can choose whether to become involved or not.

And Moonmonkey, I'm impressed by your forbearance :-)

Comment

• I agree and am happy to take this discussion to another thread. Moonmonkey, sorry for the inconvenience. The priority is to give you support. This may get difficult when people have differing opinions but I will do my best. I do not argue for the sake of it, it is because i think you should always consider all the options.

Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonmonkey View Post
                  Sainsburys Bank Personal Loan / Wescot

Agreement Start Date: 15/02/2008
                  Feb 20 Balance: £1539.86
                  Last Payment via Payplan: 15 Feb 2020 £137.10
                  CCA requested: 27/02/2020
                  CCA signed for: 28/02/2020

09/03/2020 - Letter from Sainsbury's Bank Recoveries in Hull
                  Saying - "We need you to call us, before we can take the next steps"

What should I do?

23/03/2020 - Letter from Sainsburys bank dated 10/03/2020 sent to me muvvas - saying that they have passed the debt onto Wescot and refer to my arrangement through payplan - self managing now and withholding payment until i get an enforceable CCA.

23/03/2020 - Letter from Wescot dated 11/03/2020 again sent to me muvvas - saying that they have been passed the debt from Sainsburys and refer to my arrangement through payplan.

24/04/2020 - I offered them F&F of 10% awaiting response.

20/05/2020 - Letter from Wescot dated 5/5/2020 saying that they are looking into my request and account is on hold for now.

Feb 2021 - 6 month statement from Sainsburys bank

02/03/2021 - Cheque for 14 quid received from Sainsburys for not handling my situation between 2013 and 2017 - only had £1 in interest and charges hence the £14 cheque

30/03/2021 - Letter from Sainsburys - saying they have sold the debt to Cabot but will continue to be managed by Wescot - I see this as a good thing that Cabot have purchased the debt and still no sign of the CCA. Filed
                  Moonmonkey, please take the sin the spirit in which it is intended- to help you.

Looking at your diary above (is this the right one?) two or even three things jumped out at me.

1) The date of the agreement. This was 2008 and therefore, while indeed a Judge may say it is unenforceable until they comply with the S77 request, because of the date, an accurate Reconstituted agreement will do.

2) There has been argument about the refund. This was received on 2nd March . However the Notice of Assignment was received 28 days later on 30th March. Now I don't know what the date of the assignment was but if it was after the date of the cheque, surely the balance assigned would be correct; after all MM could have used that £14 to pay off a bit of the debt. I really think it is irrelevant what the 'mistake' was.

3) This seems to me to be a fixed term loan agreement. Now I am not 100% sure but maybe, if the term of the loan has passed, by March 2020 (12 years after it was taken out), maybe a S87(1) DN was not needed.

MM fret not because you are a long way from anything nasty and the devil is in the detail , for example, when I sent off some prove it letters for a friend, the reconstituted agreements came back for the current address, not the address where they lived when they opened the account. If they reconstitute a DN (as we know they can) again, it should have your address- is it the one where they thought you lived at the time.

Lets hope all stays quiet.

Good luck

???????Pat
                  Last edited by Pat; 19 October 2023, 14:38. Reason: Grammatical errors

Comment

• POSTERS CHAT AREA leaving arguments out of posters threads
                    https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...16#post1548716

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

POSTERS CHAT AREA leaving arguments out of posters threads
                      https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...16#post1548716

Roger

I wasn't arguing, I was commenting on three things that seem to be very important- or could be if it ever gets that far.

Comment

Working...
                      X