GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moonmonkey's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moonmonkey's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moonmonkey View Post
    Sainsburys Bank Personal Loan / Wescot

Agreement Start Date: 15/02/2008
    Feb 20 Balance: £1539.86
    Last Payment via Payplan: 15 Feb 2020 £137.10
    CCA requested: 27/02/2020
    CCA signed for: 28/02/2020

09/03/2020 - Letter from Sainsbury's Bank Recoveries in Hull - worked out that this is Wescot.
    Saying - "We need you to call us, before we can take the next steps"

What should I do?
    Shall I call them? - I'm not going down the SB route I just want to know if the debt is unenforcable so that I can settle with a low offer

Comment

never call them, everything in writing and sent Recorded Delivery if you contact anybody OK? by the way Wescot are only hopeful commission agent who keep most of what they are able (if able) to collect, unusually something wrong when a company send out to non debt purchasers??? usually non enforceable so send CCA if ever you get a copy and send to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking, they ply on people to pay up when not owed? sure others will comment also! if you paid them the default will stay on your file as partially settled and get in the way for 6 years Eng/wales or 5 years Scotland, and the CEO will buy a new House on proceeds??? if you get the idea?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Shall I call them? - I'm not going down the SB route I just want to know if the debt is unenforcable so that I can settle with a low offer
        Is this still with Sainsbury's?
        Has this been Defaulted and does it appear on your Credit Report?
        Its usually better to wait until the Original Creditor SELLS/ASSIGN'S the Debt to a DBA because this will be for pennies in the pound. The DCA are more likely to accept a low offer than the Original Lender.
        Westcot aren't the Owner they are Collections Agents.
        Who did you send the CCA request to? Its better to wait until the Debt is sold before doing this and in this Case with a 12 years old Debt the CCA might cause problems.
        Personally I wouldn't contact them!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

Is this still with Sainsbury's?
          Has this been Defaulted and does it appear on your Credit Report?
          Its usually better to wait until the Original Creditor SELLS/ASSIGN'S the Debt to a DBA because this will be for pennies in the pound. The DCA are more likely to accept a low offer than the Original Lender.
          Westcot aren't the Owner they are Collections Agents.
          Who did you send the CCA request to? Its better to wait until the Debt is sold before doing this and in this Case with a 12 years old Debt the CCA might cause problems.
          Personally I wouldn't contact them!
          Hi, this was defaulted in 2013 - so off my credit file. CCA was sent to Sainsbury's Recoveries but at their Wescot address.

My ideal solution is to get this cleared with a low settlement.

Comment

Wescot are outside agency on commission basis. Nothing to do with Sainsbury's. You seem to not read what you are being informed
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              Wescot are outside agency on commission basis. Nothing to do with Sainsbury's. You seem to not read what you are being informed
              What part didn't I read?

Comment

Recoveries address ??? .not Sainsbury's address but wescot separate company is

Comment

Damage to cra file regardless of what you offer today chances them removing entries is very low

Comment

Damage to cra file regardless of what you offer today chances them removing entries is very low
                    Hi, why would there be damage to the CRA - this debt was defaulted in 2013 and dropped of my files last year? They can't default me again?

Comment

True as off.

Comment

True as off.
                        Hi, you are making me panic what does "True as off" mean?

Comment

What part didn't I read?
                          Wescot are not Sainsburys Recoverys.
                          Wescot are a collections company,
                          Wescot are just doing the donkey work for them, OR any other company that will pay them to.

Did you send the CCA to Sainsburys or Wescot, did you enclose the £1.00 fee.?

Did you address it to Sainsburys Recoverys in Hull?

Comment

Hi, you are making me panic what does "True as off" mean?
                            what you say i true & off CRA file now it seems

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

Wescot are not Sainsburys Recoveries.
                              Wescot are a collections company,
                              Wescot are just doing the donkey work for them, OR any other company that will pay them to.

Did you send the CCA to Sainsburys or Wescot, did you enclose the £1.00 fee.?
                              They address all corespondance as Sainsburys Recoveries but their address and reference is Wescot - So I sent the CCA request to wescot with a £1 postal order

What do you think the want to talk to me about ? Probably whether I am going to stop their payment due 21st March

Comment

Have you ever had a letter from Sainsburys saying this Account has been assigned to another company?

did you make the P.O out to wescot.

Comment

Working...
                                X