GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moonmonkey's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moonmonkey's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonmonkey View Post

yes of course and i will continue to update my diary with everything I do - might not be what everyone else would do. I have learnt loads; making settlements is right for me as i have suffered depression over debt and the way i see it if i can clear a £1000 debt for 100/200 then that's better than 800/900. I know that paying nothing is even better but that's playing the long game and my anxiety cant cope with that. So hopefully i'll save a few quid and be getting a better nights sleep.
    Hey Moon, i feel exactly the same.I cant play for a long time as i have health issues, but if they are demanding inappropriate amount then im fine to delay. Robinson Way asked £8.8k and that,s when i requested CCA. If RW cannot produce CCA even after 4 months what would you say you would offer as a full settlement figure. I know we all are different, your thoughts on it would be helpful. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus75 View Post

Hey Moon, i feel exactly the same.I cant play for a long time as i have health issues, but if they are demanding inappropriate amount then im fine to delay. Robinson Way asked £8.8k and that,s when i requested CCA. If RW cannot produce CCA even after 4 months what would you say you would offer as a full settlement figure. I know we all are different, your thoughts on it would be helpful. Thanks
      If you are taking the settlement route - personally I would not pay for a bit then offer 5 or 10% of the debt - start low and maybe it will end up somewhere you are happy to pay I guess. You say rw offered an 8.8k settlement - how much do you owe?

Comment

• AAD isn't against settlements!
        It is a question of taken control off your Debts rather than be battered by Creditors.
        DCA's profile Debtors that should be self evident and will seek to maximise their INVESTMENT in your bad debt.

But remember these are not normal business as usual times! The Corona virus and global lockdown mean that YOUR Essentials for medication, food etc.. should be your top priority. What is more the Governments emergency measures are placing Essentials first.

Moonmonkey your compliance with DCA's and your encouragement for initiating settlements simply restarts the Statute Bar Clock doesn't it?

I would NOT initiate correspondence at this exceptional time over non Essential Debts! If the DCA's start to make offers well that's another question to be adjudged on the merits of their offers!

SILENCE at this time is Golden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
          AAD isn't against settlements!
          It is a question of taken control off your Debts rather than be battered by Creditors.
          DCA's profile Debtors that should be self evident and will seek to maximise their INVESTMENT in your bad debt.

But remember these are not normal business as usual times! The Corona virus and global lockdown mean that YOUR Essentials for medication, food etc.. should be your top priority. What is more the Governments emergency measures are placing Essentials first.

Moonmonkey your compliance with DCA's and your encouragement for initiating settlements simply restarts the Statute Bar Clock doesn't it?

I would NOT initiate correspondence at this exceptional time over non Essential Debts! If the DCA's start to make offers well that's another question to be adjudged on the merits of their offers!

SILENCE at this time is Golden.
          thanks Roger - i understand what you are saying. Like i mentioned previously my goals are different, i can afford essentials, and whatever i will have these debts settled this year. So the SB clock is not a concern. I will now sit on my hands for a bit - missed 2 payments on all my debts to date - have 4 left totally only £3750 - so if i get offers of settlement i will negotiate down as low as possible, and I am very happy with that as an outcome.

Comment

thanks Roger - i understand what you are saying. Like i mentioned previously my goals are different, i can afford essentials, and whatever i will have these debts settled this year. So the SB clock is not a concern. I will now sit on my hands for a bit - missed 2 payments on all my debts to date - have 4 left totally only £3750 - so if i get offers of settlement i will negotiate down as low as possible, and I am very happy with that as an outcome.
            AAD has always helped members and their choices. No two cases are the same and its a question of what is right for you! Other members have successfully followed the same strategy. Your health and well being are top of the Priority List!
            Let the DCA's come to you rather than the other way round especially in today's economic Climate!
            Reverse the roles instead of you begging them let them come Begging to you!

Comment

• For future reference can i confirm:
              • Wescot act on behalf of the original lender in my case Sainsbury's, and they have not purchased the debt?
              • Robinson Way / Hoist and Link are debt purchasers?
              Thanks in advance Moonmonkey

Comment

Barclaycard / Link

Agreement Start Date: 31/05/2005
                Feb 20 Balance: £1118.70
                Last Payment via Payplan: 15 Feb 2020 £99.61
                CCA requested: 27/02/2020
                CCA signed for: 02/03/2020

30/03/2020 - Letter received from link apologising for the delay - but Barclaycard have been unable to supply the documents within the 12 working day timescale. Although the account is currently UNENFORCEABLE until such time as the vendors documentation has been received, it remains collectable and they can still add a default etc.

Luckily Default dropped of my CRA's March 2019.

30/04/2020 - Statement of Account from Link
                30/04/2020 - Statement of Account from Link

Comment

Tesco Personal Loan / Hoist Robinson Way

Agreement Start Date: 25/01/2010
                  Feb 20 Balance: £886.91
                  Last Payment via Payplan: 15 Feb 2020 £78.97
                  CCA requested: 27/02/2020
                  CCA signed for: 28/02/2020

06/03/2020 - Letter received from Robinson Way dated 29/2/2020 (why did it take a week?)
                  We can confirm that we have received a CCA request.
                  In order for us to request these documents we have had to cancel the payment arrangement that was in place.
                  (good cos I have cancelled the standing order)

Your account will remain on hold until we have received the requested documents from our client. Once these have been sent to you we will be in contact regarding your payment.

Ok - so if they provide enforceable paperwork I will revert to my payments and/or try and get a settlement. I reckon they will have a CCA .21 paid since 29for this one

02/04/2020 - Letter received from Robinson Way advising that they have been notified by Payplan that I am not using them anymore and to complete an I&E to arrange a payment plan. Filed

03/04/2020 - Another letter from Robway saying that they are waiting for a response from Tesco (re CCA) and my account is on hold until then. Yesterday they were chasing me for money - make your mind up

04/05/2020 - Letter from Robway.

We would like to confirm the details we have for you
                  • your account was passed to hoist finance uk holdings 2 limited on 28/1/2016
                  • there has been £2966.21 paid since 28/1/2016
                  • your default date is 24/3/2014
                  • current outstanding balance is £886.91
                  • your account was opened with original creditor on 25/1/2010
                  as we have not been able to provide all details specific to your dispute we have marked your account as unenforceable, meaning we will not pursue any legal action, and informed our client to remove any reporting on your credit file.

The above account remains outstanding, and we want to work with you to make an affordable arrangement.............etc etc.

at the moment we may be able to offer you a reduction in the amount you owe, get in touch to discuss a reduced amount.

We have held your account for 14 days to allow you time to do this, after collection activity will resume
                  As you may have read - i'm going to put offers in so that I have closure this year. When do you think i should put a 5%/10% F&F in on this one. I know most will say don't bother.

Comment

• I would wait and see what they come to you with, if you rush in they won't take a small offer.
                    they have admitted it is UE, they cannot enforce through the courts, it will no longer be on your credit file.
                    for them it is already a lost cause,

they are up sh1t creek without a canoe let alone a paddle.

ignore for as long as possible, it's a waiting game.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Got to agree with NW above. If a debt is UE the last thing you'd do is offer to settle.

If it's not affecting you on your credit file then just forget about them. Technically they don't exist other than on paper and unless they can comply with s.78 they're pretty much screwed. Worse case, they find the agreement - fine. We'll deal with that as and when. Whether it's EN or UE, they don't care. They'll always perform an I&E then try and push for more as this is pure profit to them.

If you insist on offering settlements then at least email me direct with a list of debts and I'll help you settle for peanuts!

For instance, £200 - £500 settlement on a £5k debt sort of region! That's the limit you want to aim for at a maximum so you start at 5% and work up.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Got to agree with NW above. If a debt is UE the last thing you'd do is offer to settle.

If it's not affecting you on your credit file then just forget about them. Technically they don't exist other than on paper and unless they can comply with s.78 they're pretty much screwed. Worse case, they find the agreement - fine. We'll deal with that as and when. Whether it's EN or UE, they don't care. They'll always perform an I&E then try and push for more as this is pure profit to them.

If you insist on offering settlements then at least email me direct with a list of debts and I'll help you settle for peanuts!

For instance, £200 - £500 settlement on a £5k debt sort of region! That's the limit you want to aim for at a maximum so you start at 5% and work up.
                        Thanks Niddy - when i get a chance ill email you what i got outstanding and the current status - then we will go from there. Appreciate your support.

Comment

• Nice one. I'd rather help you one on one than watch you get conned by the same lender twice! Cheers.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Nice one. I'd rather help you one on one than watch you get conned by the same lender twice! Cheers.
                            Im glad to be a part of this forum. NID, your helpful gesture is appreciated by me ( Sorry Moon for hijacking your diary, couldn't resist

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus75 View Post

Im glad to be a part of this forum. NID, your helpful gesture is appreciated by me ( Sorry Moon for hijacking your diary, couldn't resist
                              FFS here he is again !!!

Comment

Thanks Niddy - when i get a chance ill email you what i got outstanding and the current status - then we will go from there. Appreciate your support.
                                Hiya, so now hopefully you're all clear on things and will no longer make any offers without emailing me first...... it's the way to go

Comment

Working...
                                X