GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moonmonkey's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moonmonkey's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

..............you may like to see what Jo recently posted about Intrum >

Di
    This is amazing Di. Tesco debt assignment letter mentioned that my debt is assigned to Intrum UK Finance Limited but some other letters from Intrum had FCA logo on them with statement that Intrum is regulated and authorised by FCA with reference number 718918 which is Intrum UK Limited and according to companies house , Intrum UK Finance Limited and Intrum UK limited are two different companies.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnbruce View Post

This is amazing Di. Tesco debt assignment letter mentioned that my debt is assigned to Intrum UK Finance Limited but some other letters from Intrum had FCA logo on them with statement that Intrum is regulated and authorised by FCA with reference number 718918 which is Intrum UK Limited and according to companies house , Intrum UK Finance Limited and Intrum UK limited are two different companies.
      Get off my diary

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonmonkey View Post

Get off my diary
        Sorry Moonmonkey , this is my last post and I'll start my own diary soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnbruce View Post

Sorry Moonmonkey , this is my last post and I'll start my own diary soon.
          haaaa im only messing

Comment

• Hey Moonmonkey, i am exactly on the same situation as you are, received a letter from Robinson Way a week ago saying account is on hold temporarily and will be in touch once they get more information on the CCA request that was made 4 weeks ago.
            Any update your side? Also guys i am brand new to this forum so if i am doing something incorrectly or a better way to post please advice. Apologies in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus75 View Post
              Hey Moonmonkey, i am exactly on the same situation as you are, received a letter from Robinson Way a week ago saying account is on hold temporarily and will be in touch once they get more information on the CCA request that was made 4 weeks ago.
              Any update your side? Also guys i am brand new to this forum so if i am doing something incorrectly or a better way to post please advice. Apologies in advance.
              Hi - no nothing at the minute - welcome to the forum

Comment

MBNA CC / Link

Agreement Start Date: 08/08/2011
                Feb 20 Balance: £1333.12
                Last Payment via Payplan: 15 Feb 2020 £118.69
                CCA requested: 27/02/2020
                CCA signed for: 02/03/2020

18/03/2020 - CCA recieved from Link
                They have said - The account is now enforceable and we kindly request that you contact us to make an arrangement.
                They have sent;
                • An account summary on Link Headed Paper; However they have put the Link A/C no. and balance of my Barclaycard which also has a CCA request. As this is just part of a covering letter not sure if this can be held against them?
                • Pre Contractual Explanation Sheet
                • Pre Contract Credit Information (one pager in tiny writing)
                • Credit Card Agreement with my Name and Address at the time (again one pager tiny writing)
                • 7 pages of terms and conditions
                • Emailed to Niddy - hope he can read the photos as no access to scanner from home
                21/03/2020 - Niddy says Enforceable

28/04/2020 - Settled for 60% - Happy with that
                Update

Comment

• Only the one CCA received so far - which was enforceable with MBNA / Link. I have 2 debts with Link - I have today settled the MBNA one, I was also offered 65% for the Barclaycard / Link debt but I have not received the CCA so i wont be paying a penny at this point. Nothing further from Robway, Wescot or Nationwide.

Comment

Sainsburys Bank Personal Loan / Wescot

Agreement Start Date: 15/02/2008
                    Feb 20 Balance: £1539.86
                    Last Payment via Payplan: 15 Feb 2020 £137.10
                    CCA requested: 27/02/2020
                    CCA signed for: 28/02/2020

09/03/2020 - Letter from Sainsbury's Bank Recoveries in Hull
                    Saying - "We need you to call us, before we can take the next steps"

What should I do?

23/03/2020 - Letter from Sainsburys bank dated 10/03/2020 sent to me muvvas - saying that they have passed the debt onto Wescot and refer to my arrangement through payplan - self managing now and withholding payment until i get an enforceable CCA.

23/03/2020 - Letter from Wescot dated 11/03/2020 again sent to me muvvas - saying that they have been passed the debt from Sainsburys and refer to my arrangement through payplan.

24/04/2020 - I offered them F&F of 10% awaiting response.
                    Update

Comment

• what are you doing offering 10% on these debts ???? that is admitting debts that you may not owe to some companies??? SIT ON YOUR HANDS FOR NOW wait before doing any more?
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• It's important to bear in mind that taking this approach to debt management often involves quite a lot of time steadfastly ignoring phone calls and letters, keeping your head down and not being goaded or threatened into communicating. Silence is golden for much of the time.

But it's also about being ready to act when, and only when, you need to and that's where this forum is valuable. Even if a CCA request doesn't come back the way you might like it to, it might still be far too early to even think about taking any action like making offers. Be guided by the forum members.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          what are you doing offering 10% on these debts ???? that is admitting debts that you may not owe to some companies??? SIT ON YOUR HANDS FOR NOW wait before doing any more?
                          No matter what - these debts are going to be cleared this year. I had 46k and today’s balance is 3750. If they don’t come up with valid ccas then that is my leverage to make low offers. Everyone one is different - I personally would sleep better at night knowing I am debt free with no chance of a debt becoming enforceable years down the line. I have got this far and I’m not having another year or 6 worrying about debt. So I’ll offer 10% and if they don’t accept it then I’ll wait a few more months and see what they come up with.

Comment

• You are quite right. Every case is different.

If you're in a hurry to get to a certain point then it will probably cost you more than someone who has the time to play it along for the best outcome in terms of how much it's going to cost them. Good luck, there is still plenty to learn here.

Comment

• Nobody is saying do not but make sure you get all in writing as I found I got stabbed without wording "Full & Final". years ago when I thought I had an agreement to get the rest written off! "forewarned is Forearmed". peoples own choice which way they go BUT peace of mind is better, shame the system of debt purchasing is the way it is now.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by MisterK View Post
                                You are quite right. Every case is different.

If you're in a hurry to get to a certain point then it will probably cost you more than someone who has the time to play it along for the best outcome in terms of how much it's going to cost them. Good luck, there is still plenty to learn here.
                                yes of course and i will continue to update my diary with everything I do - might not be what everyone else would do. I have learnt loads; making settlements is right for me as i have suffered depression over debt and the way i see it if i can clear a £1000 debt for 100/200 then that's better than 800/900. I know that paying nothing is even better but that's playing the long game and my anxiety cant cope with that. So hopefully i'll save a few quid and be getting a better nights sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X