GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moonmonkey's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moonmonkey's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    Have you ever had a letter from Sainsburys saying this Account has been assigned to another company?

did you make the P.O out to wescot.
    I cant remember one it would have been around 2016 - i made the PO out to Sainsburys Recoveries

Comment

That is why they want to talk to you.

There is no company called Sainsburys recoveries. It is just a department of Sainsburys,

You have a CC with Sainsburys, you have difficulty making the payments, so Sainsburys CC department send it to their recoveries department, still sainsburys, but next office along.
      sainsburys recovery department, can't be arsed doing the collecting so they send it to a seperate collection company, the lucky winner in your case was Wescot. You should or had a letter to say wescot were collecting on their behalf.

This means sainsburys still own the debt, but are getting Wescot to work for them, not AS them.

so the PO should of been sent to Sainsburys ,left blank, or made payable to Wescot if sent to wescot.

NW
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wescot are not Sainsburys Recoverys.
        Wescot are a collections company,
        Wescot are just doing the donkey work for them, OR any other company that will pay them to.

Did you send the CCA to Sainsburys or Wescot, did you enclose the £1.00 fee.?

Did you address it to Sainsburys Recoverys in Hull?
        yes Sainsbury's in Hull - letter i got today was from Sainsburys Bank in Hull / Wescots address

Comment

See post#32

Did it have the following address

Wescot Credit services ltd
          P.o. Box 137
          Hull
          then did it say

CLIENT Sainsburys bank
          Last edited by nightwatch; 9 March 2020, 14:48.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

See post#32
            shall i ignore this letter then ?

Comment

for now , yes,

Please make a fiile to keep all letters received and copys of any sent.
              one for each debt
              NW

Comment

for now , yes,

Please make a fiile to keep all letters received and copys of any sent.
                one for each debt
                NW
                will do thanks NW

Comment

See post#32

Did it have the following address

Wescot Credit services ltd
                  P.o. Box 137
                  Hull
                  then did it say

CLIENT Sainsburys bank
                  oooooooh no it came from

Sainsbury's Bank
                  PO Box 553
                  HU9 9JR

on Sainsbury's headed paper

I've googled the address and it comes up as Sainsbury Bank Recoveries - so might not be Wescot??? This is where I sent the CCA request too - Guess they still own the debt.

Comment

If sainsburys still own it they will not negotiate a small F+F. BUT if you have stopped payment's they may well pass it to another company to collect.

If they sell it then a letter will be sent saying they have sold it to xxx
                    xxx will normaly send a letter, in the same envelope saying they have bought it.

IF you do, DON'T grab the phone to offer a F+F straight away, you need to let them go through the motions of being nice and asking for it all.

Comment

If sainsburys still own it they will not negotiate a small F+F. BUT if you have stopped payment's they may well pass it to another company to collect.

If they sell it then a letter will be sent saying they have sold it to xxx
                      xxx will normaly send a letter, in the same envelope saying they have bought it.

IF you do, DON'T grab the phone to offer a F+F straight away, you need to let them go through the motions of being nice and asking for it all.
                      So should I just stand my ground and sit on my hands ?

Comment

stuff them deep in your pockets, AFTER you have posted on here anything you receive

Comment

stuff them deep in your pockets, AFTER you have posted on here anything you receive

I know they can’t but I worry about a rogue ccj - it’s taken 8 years to get my credit report straight - but I worry about everything - I’m also impatient and needy - thanks for your help

Comment

Ok night monkey, anything from Wescot ignore, after a few months of not getting anything from you both in payment or response they will write to you saying they have passed it back to their client, the chances are Sainsbury will try another collection outfit such as Apex, or Robinson Way etc, do the same and ignore. Eventually Sainsbury will either a) sell it to a debt purchaser or b) issue a Letter before Action.

A rogue CCJ is just that rogue and can be contested, to get a legitimate CCJ is a completely different beast and will take time and procedures. It is unlikely that a rogue one will ever get passed providing you keep your diaries up to date and as suggested keep a file with all correspondence in.

now for the time being stop worrying and live life that’s why we are here.

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                              Ok night monkey, anything from Wescot ignore, after a few months of not getting anything from you both in payment or response they will write to you saying they have passed it back to their client, the chances are Sainsbury will try another collection outfit such as Apex, or Robinson Way etc, do the same and ignore. Eventually Sainsbury will either a) sell it to a debt purchaser or b) issue a Letter before Action.

A rogue CCJ is just that rogue and can be contested, to get a legitimate CCJ is a completely different beast and will take time and procedures. It is unlikely that a rogue one will ever get passed providing you keep your diaries up to date and as suggested keep a file with all correspondence in.

now for the time being stop worrying and live life that’s why we are here.
                              Letter before action shouldn’t they satisfy my cca request first

Comment

Well if they don’t then it’s unlikely you’ll ever see an LBA!!

Comment

Working...
                                X