GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blodwen's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blodwen's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blodwen View Post
    MBNA
    • Credit Card - Formerly Virgin CC
    • Date Commenced February 2006
    • Approx Balance £4,000
    • Date Last Paid – Full Payment November 2011
    • Status – Default July 2012
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date Last Paid via DMP August 2017
    • Account Owner – PRA Group UK
    7th August 2017 – CCA sent to PRA recorded delivery with Postal Order.

August 2017 - Postal Order returned from PRA - account placed on hold until they retrieve further information. Noted and Filed.

11th September 2017 – Letter from PRA including some documentation, which according to their letter states this is currently unenforceable and they are awaiting further documentation in order to complete the CCA request. They have acknowledged at this moment in time they are unable to take court or further enforcement action against us to recover the outstanding balance. They have informed us they are still legally entitled to request their funds etc etc.. Noted and Filed

26th October 2017 – No Further contact has been from PRA and my payment to them has ceased.

February 2018 - Statement of Account received from PRA. - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - Could you Settle Your Account Letter from PRA Group. Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter informing us PRA Group have purchased the outstanding balance from MBNA Ltd - Very confused at this stage as all paperwork previously stated that PRA group owned the debt!

December 2018 - LBC Letter received from PRA group - we have 30 days to respond.

December 2018 - LBC forms completed and returned to PRA. Copies filed.

January 2019 - Letter received from PRA informing us our account has been placed on hold for 30 days to enable them to provide us with a full response.- Noted and Filed.

February 2019 - Letter from PRA inclusive of Reconstituted copy of the agreement with MBNA and copies of statements but only a years worth. They mentioned in their letter that they already provided us with this information between two certain dates, however we didn't receive this information. They have placed our account on hold for 30 days. Noted and Filed and seeking advice.

February 2019 - Reconstituted documents have been checked by Niddy and he has deemed them enforecable. - contemplating my next step.
    Do you expert people think now is the right time to send a SAR to MBNA just in case PRA issue a claim after the 30 days are up? Thanks.

Comment

Do you expert people think now is the right time to send a SAR to MBNA just in case PRA issue a claim after the 30 days are up? Thanks.
      In this Case yes because the SAR will pick up the correspondence between PRA and MBNA that resulted in those reconstituted documents.
      Remember that S.77/78 (plus £1) is for information purposes not PROOF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

In this Case yes because the SAR will pick up the correspondence between PRA and MBNA that resulted in those reconstituted documents.
        Remember that S.77/78 (plus £1) is for information purposes not PROOF.
        Thank you Roger, I will get a SAR sent off to MBNA tomorrow

Comment

Thank you Roger, I will get a SAR sent off to MBNA tomorrow
          Hi.......I am compiling my SAR to MBNA - is it the Advanced SAR template that I use please and omit the line that refers to payment of £10.00? Also am I correct in stating that I don't cc PRA into the correspondence? One last thing.....I have two addresses for MBNA, I'm not sure which one to use

Comment

Hi.......I am compiling my SAR to MBNA - is it the Advanced SAR template that I use please and omit the line that refers to payment of £10.00? Also am I correct in stating that I don't cc PRA into the correspondence? One last thing.....I have two addresses for MBNA, I'm not sure which one to use
            Morning - does anyone have any advice re the above please thank you

Comment

Good Morning, does anyone have any advice regarding the above please? Thank you

Comment

• Hi you are right, you no longer have to pay, just amend the letter accordingly.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am compiling my SAR to MBNA - is it the Advanced SAR template that I use please and omit the line that refers to payment of £10.00? Also am I correct in stating that I don't cc PRA into the correspondence? One last thing.....I have two addresses for MBNA,

Definitely do not copy PRA into your correspondence!

Debt purchasers don't necessarily have access to information held by the original creditor.

However if they (debt purchaser) know you've got documents (because you tell them you've sent a SAR to MBNA) then they can make an application for disclosure to the court to force you to hand over the paperwork you've got as a result of your SAR if legal proceedings are issued.

There's a list of SAR addresses on this thread here > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...-sar-addresses

Di

Comment

• Fabulous - Huge Thank you both Di and Cymru for your advice. SAR letter amended and going in the post today to MBNA

Comment

• Hi Blodwen,
                      I have had three claims by PRA that were deemed enforceable by Niddy, but as he says, there is far more to it than that. The first of my claims went to mitigation today, and I am happy to report that PRA withdrew their claim, when it became apparent they could not win. Trust in the guys at Connelly's, they really are superb. I have not worried from day one, and am confident they will prevail in the other two claims. PRA try to scare you. Don't let them.

Good luck

Saint X

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint X View Post
                        Hi Blodwen,
                        I have had three claims by PRA that were deemed enforceable by Niddy, but as he says, there is far more to it than that. The first of my claims went to mitigation today, and I am happy to report that PRA withdrew their claim, when it became apparent they could not win. Trust in the guys at Connelly's, they really are superb. I have not worried from day one, and am confident they will prevail in the other two claims. PRA try to scare you. Don't let them.

Good luck

Saint X
                        Hi Saint............thank you for your post., it really does help when you hear of others in the same situation......Connolly's are amazing to deal with, knowing we have them at our side during this stressful period is a weight off our mind. I will be contacting them again tomorrow as PRA were so thoughtful and sent us another claim as an Easter presant!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint X View Post
                          Hi Blodwen,

Good luck

Saint X
                          Hi Saint............thank you for your post., it really does help when you hear of others in the same situation......Connolly's are amazing to deal with, knowing we have them at our side during this stressful period is a weight off our mind. I will be contacting them again tomorrow as PRA were so thoughtful and sent us another claim as an Easter presant!!!!

Comment

MBNA
                            • Credit Card
                            • Date Commenced - November 2007
                            • Approx Balance - £10,000
                            • Status - Default July 2012
                            • Date Last Paid – Full Payment November 2011
                            • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date last paid via DMP August 2017
                            • Account Owner – PRA
                            7th August 2017 – CCA sent to PRA recorded delivery with Postal Order.

11th August 2017 – Quick turnaround from PRA returning our postal order and requesting further information from original lender.

13th September 2017 – Letter from PRA including some documentation, which according to their letter states this is currently unenforceable and they are awaiting further documentation in order to complete the CCA request. They have acknowledged at this moment in time they are unable to take court or further enforcement action against us to recover the outstanding balance.
                            They have informed us they are still legally entitled to request their funds etc etc..

26th October 2017 – No Further contact has been from PRA and my payment to them has ceased.

September 2018 - Letter from PRA responding to our CCA request - documents enclosed were merely a few CC statements.Noted and Filed at this stage.

October 2018 - "Settle your Account" letter received from PRA - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - Letter from PRA informing us they have purchased the alleged outstanding debt from MBNA and is now being managed by their investigation and litigation department - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - LBC and I&E Forms received from PRA - We have 4 weeks to respond or they may issue court proceedings - Paperwork completed and will be returned by Royal Mail Signed for Service before the due date. Noted and Filed.

January 2019 - LBC forms completed and returned to PRA Group. Copies filed.

January 2019 - Letter from PRA "Account on Hold" pending investigation with regards to our dispute. - Noted and Filed.

January 2019 - Letter from PRA - informing us they are satisfied they have issued all details previously requested. They request we contact them or they may issue court proceedings. - Action - To seek Further advice.

April 2019 - PRA issued court proceedings against us - We instructed Joanna Connolly to act on our behalf with the assistance of the wonderful Di and team.

May 2019 - PRA have withdrawn their claim against us and discontinued. this is thanks to the whole team at Connolly's.
                            An update for those of you who are following our journey. PRA have discontinued their claim against us and will not be taking it any further. This is thanks to the wonderful team at Connolly's - We can't thank you enough for helping us along the way and to Di for keeping me sane throughout all this with her wonderful humor. We are very happy indeed with the outcome.

Comment

• Superb news Blodwen! Jo’s team are dealing with a claim of mine at the moment and I have absolute faith in them - well done (yet again!) to the whole team at Joanna Connolly solicitors - Whoo hoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Right-a-wrong View Post
                                Superb news Blodwen! Jo’s team are dealing with a claim of mine at the moment and I have absolute faith in them - well done (yet again!) to the whole team at Joanna Connolly solicitors - Whoo hoo!
                                Wishing you all the best with your claim. Jo's team are in the process of dealing with another one for us at the moment, fingers crossed for a favorable outcome again. Likewise we have every faith in the team, they really are fabulous.

Comment

Working...
                                X