GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blodwen's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blodwen's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can send a SAR request to the DMP and they will send you copies of the paperwork. Don’t forget to include the £10 for this service. I got a massive load of paperwork (I was like you and threw all mine away).

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
      You can send a SAR request to the DMP and they will send you copies of the paperwork. Don’t forget to include the £10 for this service. I got a massive load of paperwork (I was like you and threw all mine away).
      Thank you for your reply JLC - is it too early to send a SAR at this stage? Thanks

Comment

SAR now they have 40 days to supply it,
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you both - I will send one on Monday advice much appreciated.

Comment

The SAR is just all the information they hold on you, so it should include all letters sent from the creditor to the DMP company. Its useful to have.

Comment

send Recorded Delivery and keep copy
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. Would you advise sending SAR's to all creditors in which I have holes in my paperwork at this stage? Not all the DCA's have complied with our CCA request as yet - including this one in question from Cabot. In fact all bar 4 creditors haven't complied with the CCA request.

Comment

I would hold back for now; maybe wait until they start to be more threatening! You will get vast quantities of paper a lot of which is useless which you will need to store.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                    The SAR is just all the information they hold on you, so it should include all letters sent from the creditor to the DMP company. Its useful to have.
                    Definitely useful

When a creditor or debt purchaser/Claimant finds themselves unable to produce evidence that they served an essential statutory notice on a debtor (such as a Default Notice or Notice of Assignment etc) it’s been known for them to try to persuade the court that it would have been served on the DMP provider who they’ll say was acting as your agent at the time.

If you’ve got the SAR from your DMP business you’ll be able to prove if that’s true or false (notwithstanding the fact that statutory notices must be served on the debtor but that’s another legal story altogether).

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Definitely useful

When a creditor or debt purchaser/Claimant finds themselves unable to produce evidence that they served an essential statutory notice on a debtor (such as a Default Notice or Notice of Assignment etc) it’s been known for them to try to persuade the court that it would have been served on the DMP provider who they’ll say was acting as your agent at the time.

If you’ve got the SAR from your DMP business you’ll be able to prove if that’s true or false (notwithstanding the fact that statutory notices must be served on the debtor but that’s another legal story altogether).

Di
                      Thank you - so am I correct in saying that initially in the first instance I send a SAR to the DMP company and then leave requesting a SAR from the creditor until further down the line if they progress to the stage of threatening?

All this information is really helpful - thank you to all who has replied. I really, really appreciate your guidance. I couldn't do this without you.

Comment

We have received a flurry of statement of accounts from PRA within the last week. I have noted and filed them away at this stage as they have yet to respond to our CCA requests.

Also had a letter from 2F which threw me slightly at first as I've never heard of them before. The last sentence of the letter informs us they are a trading name of Westcot!! They have asked us for "confirmation of residency" . If we do not respond they have informed us Lloyds will take further action to establish contact with us. I am going to note and file this away and not respond.

Comment

wescot commission agents, do not confirm address - change of tactics by wetcloths? (Oppsss Wescot?)

Comment

The Tech Clerk "wetcloths" that made me smile. I've filed it away with the rest of their letters. There are certainly lots of twists and turns on this journey eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Blodwen View Post
                              HSBC Bank
                              • Credit Card
                              • Date Commenced - July 1988
                              • Approx Balance - £5,000
                              • Status - Default January 2012
                              • Date Last Paid – Full Payment November 2011
                              • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Date last paid via DMP August 2017
                              • Account Owner – Moorcroft
                              7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Moorcroft recorded delivery with Postal Order.

26th October 2017 - No Further contact and my payment to them has ceased.

February 2018 - Letter from Moorcroft informing us as no payment plan is currently in place they will continue to contact us by telephone and letter or alternatively they may return our account back to their client HSBC who may sell the account to a debt purchase organisation or place with another debt collection agency. - We have yet to receive a response from them with regards to our CCA request therefore we will note and file this letter and not correspond with them at this stage.

March 2018 - Letter from HSBC stating our account has been referred to Credit Security Limited who will be contacting us in the next 14 days. - Noted and Filed.
                              Good Morning - our latest correspondence from HSBC has been to inform us the account has been referred to Credit Security Limited who will contact us within the next 14 days. I haven't heard of CSL before. Has anyone else had any dealings with them?

Comment

Another Debt collection agency been around for quite a while, amazing hardly ever heard much from peeps about their activities, mind you HSBC use to have a few so called in house agencies under different guises might be wrong but a similar name to this was one of them?

Metropolitan was a well known used in house name as well
                                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 8 March 2018, 08:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X