GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blodwen's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blodwen's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclays
    • Credit Card - ??? States Account Type Bank on Credit Report - Unsure if this could be an old Egg Account
    • Date Commenced - March 2001
    • Approx Balance - £1,500
    • Date Last Paid – Full Payment November 2011
    • Status – Default August 2012
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date Last Paid via DMP August 2017
    • Account Owner – Link Financial
    7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Cabot recorded delivery with Postal Order.

16th October 2017 – Letter received from Link – Recon and a Statement of Account. They informed me that this completes their obligation under 78 of the Act.
    Copies sent to Niddy for clarity – Niddy has informed us that it is UE due to them not being a signed agreement.

Filed away at this stage and no further payment is going to be made for now. If at a later date they threaten court action then missing prescribed terms will be forwarded.

January 2018 - Informing me that due to failure response to their letters/telephone calls leaves them with limited options at this stage and they request I contact them to discuss this further. - I have filed this away and won't respond to them at this point.

August 2018 - Letter from Link Financial informing us they have tried to contact us via letter and attempted to call us. No Correspondence since January 2018 but constant phone calls received. We will probably send them the phone call harassment letter as it is constant. Noted and Filed at this stage.

September 2018 - Letter from Link Financial requesting we validate our address. We didn't respond to this letter, simply Noted and Filed.
    Last edited by Blodwen; 27 September 2021, 14:26.

Comment

Well......................there it all is......Finally done it and the journey begins

Comment

Originally posted by Blodwen View Post
        Lloyds Bank (Was Lloyds TSB)
        • Credit Card
        • Date Commenced - January 2002 (However we feel this date is incorrect as I am pretty sure this was initially taken out in 1987/88 when it was TSB)
        • Approx Balance - £12,000
        • Status - Default March 2012
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Date last paid via DMP August 2017
        • Account Owner – Moorcroft

7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Moorcroft recorded delivery with Postal Order.

23rd August 2017 – Letter from Lloyds with a photocopy of our original CCA request to Moorcroft attached – Lloyds requested we provide them with a 16 digit account number as further validity of our account as they unable to find our details.

31st August 2017 – We replied to this request informing them of the required information. Was this a daft thing to do??

23rd October 2017 - Letter from Moorcroft stating – despite numerous attempts to contact you, payment has still not been received as per the agreement in place on our system with the result that your account is in arrears. Requested we contact one of their representatives to arrange payment, if payment is not made with us you may leave us with no alternative but to recommence collection activity, such as further letters and calls.

No Payment has been made since August when we put our DMP on hold. We have yet to receive any information with regards to our CCA request since we provided Lloyds with our account details on 23rd August 2017.
        Do we respond to this letter or file it away for now until we receive our CCA Information?
        Hi

Well done on posting all those diary entries.

Regarding the sentence highlighted in purple - I would not have told them the account number. While they can't find your details, they will not be able to enforce the account. Now wait and see what they come up with. If it was formerly a TSB card, hopefully they will have difficulty in finding the agreement.

Comment

"Still Waving" thank you for your reply. I thought as much. I could kick myself for doing so! I thought I had done the right thing at the time until I started to digest more info from on here. Fingers crossed they do indeed have difficulty in finding the agreement.

The diary entries took me an age to compile lol.

Comment

Hubby had a TSB card taken out in 80s, Lloyds kept insisting he would of signed an agreement, but they never sent a copy of it, passed from DCA to DCA, then Lloyds admitted, 3 years later that they wouldn't have a copy as the account was so old, sent us £60 as compensation, I soon spent that,
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
              Hubby had a TSB card taken out in 80s, Lloyds kept insisting he would of signed an agreement, but they never sent a copy of it, passed from DCA to DCA, then Lloyds admitted, 3 years later that they wouldn't have a copy as the account was so old, sent us £60 as compensation, I soon spent that,
              Fingers crossed they don't find this one either

Comment

Up with the lark this morning - unable to sleep with too much information swimming around in my head.

I have finally written to our DMP and let them know we are going self managed. It feels kind of strange after being with them for so long. Do I ask them for all relevant information that they hold on us from the creditors? Apologies if this is a daft question but I am still learning and fast in this process.

Its thanks to you lovely people that I have had the confidence to even get to this stage. I would never of dreamed I would be going self managed as I am such a worrier and the DMP was like a comfort blanket for so long. Or so I thought until I landed here and boy how I wish I had done so a long time ago, like so many of you. My OH simply lets me get on with it and trusts that I will guide us in the right direction!! I'm glad I have got you lot to turn for advice and endless questions.Thank you.

I imagine the letters and phone calls will ramp up now. Time to get my armored Rhino Skin on!!

Comment

Hi Blodwen

It will be difficult at first but will get stronger as you gain more control of your financial life. Just make sure that you post here before you react to letters calls etc as our responses are designed to protect you. I would send a SAR to your DMP. https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...t%20Access.doc You need to send it recorded delivery and with a £10 cheque or postal order. This should supply all the information that you need. My husband totally relied on me, which is great until there is a problem and it’s all your fault, which leads to some interesting discussions Good luck and try to remember that you will eventually reach the point when you feel neglected because no one wants to write to you any more as it almost becomes a game as you gain more and more control.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Cymru for your reply and for pointing me in the right direction of the SAR, its much appreciated. Am I correct in thinking that I have to send two SAR letters, one for myself and get OH to do one too, as none of the debts are joint one's they in our individual names. Can I ask what the tamper proof signature is? Do I sign it electronically or manually? Please bare with me whilst I ask multitude of questions
                    I envisage having many an interesting discussion with OH on this journey! I will definitely post here before I react to anything. You are all such a font of knowledge and so helpful. It truly is amazing to have such support. I couldn't do this without you.

Comment

Yes you will both need to send a SAR. As you are not sending it to a creditor I would not worry too much about the signatures, though you could each sign the others name and take a photocopy of the signatures ...... The tamper proof signature is a precaution against unscrupulous DCAs being inventive with signatures on documents!!!!!!!
                      Don't worry about asking questions, many an apparently silly question has resulted in an answer that could save money.

Comment

Thank you Cymru for the clarification this evening. I will get these done tomorrow and sent off to the DMP. It is so refreshing not to get shot down in flames for asking the most trivial of things.

Comment

RBS Cards (Mint)
                          • Credit Card
                          • Date Commenced – April 2008
                          • Approx Balance £ 7,500
                          • Status - Default August 2012
                          • Account Owner – CABOT

11th August 2017 – Letter from Cabot requesting we contact RBS direct and re-send the postal a Postal Order to RBS.

1st September – Letter to RBS requesting CCA – Postal Order enclosed and recorded delivery.

22nd September 2017 – Letter off RBST&C’s – Emailed to Niddy who has informed us it is Enforceable.

One of the pages of this set of paperwork also included my own credit limit/account number and my details on it. It’s a good thing that my OH knows about this debt otherwise I could have had some explaining to do!!!

Since emailing this to Niddy we have since found our original welcome letter from Mint – these weren’t emailed to Niddy at the time as we have only just located them.
                          Documents in your own possession needn't necessarily have a negative impact on things. It's the debt owner who has to produce them not you. They don't always have access to the same information from the original creditor.

I note you say this account is currently owned by Cabot. Would that be Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd or Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd which is unlicensed?

There are lots of reasons a debt can be unenforceable in law not just the credit agreement so don't lose heart yet. There can be bad Default Notices (s87), annual Notice of Sums in Arrears (s86) not served, assignment issues and unlicensed debt owners.

Di

Comment

• Credit Card
                            • Date Commenced - January 2002 (However we feel this date is incorrect as I am pretty sure this was initially taken out in 1987/88 when it was TSB)

23rd August 2017 – Letter from Lloyds with a photocopy of our original CCA request to Moorcroft attached – Lloyds requested we provide them with a 16 digit account number as further validity of our account as they unable to find our details.

31st August 2017 – We replied to this request informing them of the required information. Was this a daft thing to do??

23rd October 2017 - Letter from Moorcroft stating – despite numerous attempts to contact you, payment has still not been received as per the agreement in place on our system with the result that your account is in arrears. Requested we contact one of their representatives to arrange payment, if payment is not made with us you may leave us with no alternative but to recommence collection activity, such as further letters and calls.

No Payment has been made since August when we put our DMP on hold. We have yet to receive any information with regards to our CCA request since we provided Lloyds with our account details on 23rd August 2017.
                            Do we respond to this letter or file it away for now until we receive our CCA Information?
                            Just a wee update since last posting this.......

November 2017 - Statement of Account Received from Lloyds Bank.

Still no response to our CCA request as yet. We haven't responded to Moorcroft's correspondence in October. We will keep it this way for the time being.

Comment

• Credit Card

Good Morning...... a quick update re this debt. Two letter is the matter of weeks from Moorcroft stating "Possible Further Action" and asking us to contact them to arrange a payment plan within the next 7 days.

We haven't received a response yet to our request for our CCA back in August. Do we simply file this away and keep it safe for time being?

Comment

Barclays
                                • Credit Card - ??? States Account Type Bank on Credit Report - Unsure if this could be an old Egg Account
                                • Date Commenced - March 2001
                                • Approx Balance - £1,500
                                • Status – Default August 2012
                                • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date Last Paid via DMP August 2017
                                • Account Owner – Link Financial

16th October 2017 – Letter received from Link – Recon and a Statement of Account. They informed me that this completes their obligation under 78 of the Act.
                                Copies sent to Niddy for clarity – Niddy has informed us that it is UE due to them not being a signed agreement.

Filed away at this stage and no further payment is going to be made for now. If at a later date they threaten court action then missing prescribed terms will be forwarded.
                                Update......Letter requesting we contact them to discuss our financial situation. Have filed it away.

Comment

Working...
                                X