GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blodwen's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blodwen's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blodwen View Post
    Barclays
    • Credit Card ?? States Account Type Bank - States Type Bank on Credit Report
    • Date Commenced – October 2007
    • Approx Balance £4,000
    • Date Last Paid – Full Payment November 2011
    • Status – Default August 2012
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date Last Paid via DMP August 2017
    • Account Owner – Link Financial
    7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Cabot recorded delivery with Postal Order.

16th October 2017 – Letter received from Link – Recon and a Statement of Account. They informed me that this completes their obligation under 78 of the Act.
    Copies sent to Niddy for clarity – Niddy has informed us that it is UE due to them not being a signed agreement.

Filed away at this stage and no further payment is going to be made for now. If at a later date they threaten court action then missing prescribed terms will be forwarded.
    Update......Letter from Link requesting we contact them to discuss our financial situation. Have filed it away. Also in the last couple of weeks the phone calls have increased ten fold too.

Comment

Lloyds Bank (Was Lloyds TSB)
      • Credit Card
      • Date Commenced - January 2002 (However we feel this date is incorrect as I am pretty sure this was initially taken out in 1987/88 when it was TSB)
      • Approx Balance - £12,000
      • Status - Default March 2012
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Date last paid via DMP August 2017
      • Account Owner – Moorcroft
      7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Moorcroft recorded delivery with Postal Order.

23rd August 2017 – Letter from Lloyds with a photocopy of our original CCA request to Moorcroft attached – Lloyds requested we provide them with a 16 digit account number as further validity of our account as they unable to find our details.

31st August 2017 – We replied to this request informing them of the required information. Was this a daft thing to do??

23rd October 2017 - Letter from Moorcroft stating – despite numerous attempts to contact you, payment has still not been received as per the agreement in place on our system with the result that your account is in arrears. Requested we contact one of their representatives to arrange payment, if payment is not made with us you may leave us with no alternative but to recommence collection activity, such as further letters and calls.

No Payment has been made since August when we put our DMP on hold. We have yet to receive any information with regards to our CCA request since we provided Lloyds with our account details on 23rd August 2017.

November 2017 - Statement of Account received from Lloyds.

December 2017 - Letter from Moorcroft requesting we contact them to arrange payment, failing to do so will result in further action being taken against us without further notice.

December 2017 - A second letter from Moorcroft arrived - Headed .......Possible Further Action and requesting we make payment within the next 7 days.

December 2017 - Following the two previous letters we have now received one from Lloyds informing us they have transferred our account to Westcot who have been instructed to collect the outstanding balance.
      Good Morning - I have just updated this post with the most recent correspondence from Lloyds. We have yet to receive a response from Lloyds to our CCA request in August 2017. As they are now transferring the account to Westcot do we send another CCA request to Westcot or does the information have to come from Lloyds? I am a little confused so forgive me if the question is daft.

Also one more question - at what point is a SAR requested please?

Comment

Hi

Do not send another CCA request to Westcot. Lloyds are currently in default of your CCA request, and long may they remain so.

Wait to see the tenor of Westcot's letters, and keep us updated. You can, in due course, send them an 'In Dispute' letter. I would hang fire on that for the time being though.

A SAR can be requested at any time, but again I would suggest hanging fire on that. See what - if anything - Lloyds come up with regarding your CCA request.

Comment

We have yet to receive a response from Lloyds to our CCA request in August 2017.

Well that might be because you say you didn't open an account with Lloyds, you opened an account with TSB in 1987/8

Where did that account opening date of January 2002 come from?

Don't send a new s 77-79 CCA Request to the Westcot (the new DCA).

Strictly speaking your original CCA Request should have been sent to Lloyds (the debt owner) not Moorcroft (the DCA) but it seems Lloyds have acknowledged it in writing.

The Subject Access Request isn't needed until there is either a whiff of legal proceedings or the debt is assigned (sold) to a debt purchaser. It will provide you with the full history of the account which enables you to establish what information they have retained on file since it's inception. If you send a SAR now you'll only have to send another one later so there's no point at this stage.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Well that might be because you say you didn't open an account with Lloyds, you opened an account with TSB in 1987/8

Where did that account opening date of January 2002 come from?

Don't send a new s 77-79 CCA Request to the Westcot (the new DCA).

Strictly speaking your original CCA Request should have been sent to Lloyds (the debt owner) not Moorcroft (the DCA) but it seems Lloyds have acknowledged it in writing.

The Subject Access Request isn't needed until there is either a whiff of legal proceedings or the debt is assigned (sold) to a debt purchaser. It will provide you with the full history of the account which enables you to establish what information they have retained on file since it's inception. If you send a SAR now you'll only have to send another one later so there's no point at this stage.

Di
            Good Morning Di and Still Waving

Thank you both very much for your responses.

The account opening date was taken from our credit report as the account start date.

Yes, foolishly I sent the CCA request to Moorcroft and they wrote to us to informing us they requested the information from Lloyds who in turn followed this up with a letter stating they had no valid account number and they couldn't trace our account. The letter stated that if we provided this information then they would comply with our CCA request. Me being a complete fool provided them with this information!!!! This was just prior to me finding AAD. I now know this was not the right cause of action It's odd after providing them with the correct information they still haven't forwarded us a CCA.

Thank you for explaining when we should send a SAR. I am still learning so appreciate your explanation.

Happy New Year to all on AAD and a huge Thank You.

Comment

Tesco Bank
              • Credit Card
              • Date Commenced – October 2006
              • Approx Balance - £1,700
              • Status – Default November 2014
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date Last Paid via DMP August 2017
              • Account Owner – Tesco Bank
              7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Tesco recorded delivery with Postal Order.

26th October 2017 – No Acknowledgement to our CCA request – no contact from Tesco whatsoever as yet. Payments have ceased for now.

January 2018 - Letter from Tesco informing us they are now passing the debt onto debt collection agency - Allied International (UK) Ltd and they will attempt to contact us.
              Good Morninng - Diary updated with latest correspondence from Tesco informing us they have passed the debt onto a debt collection agency - Allied International Credit (UK) Ltd. I haven't heard of these people before so I did I little research on line and there are a lot of people who have had a bad experience with them as in they have been very unpleasant to deal with. Has anyone on here had any dealings with them?

This is the first contact made by Tesco since we requested a CCA in August 2017 which we still haven't received.

Comment

Good Morninng - Diary updated with latest correspondence from Tesco informing us they have passed the debt onto a debt collection agency - Allied International Credit (UK) Ltd. I haven't heard of these people before so I did I little research on line and there are a lot of people who have had a bad experience with them as in they have been very unpleasant to deal with. Has anyone on here had any dealings with them?

This is the first contact made by Tesco since we requested a CCA in August 2017 which we still haven't received.
                Since this update we have received 6 telephone calls on my mobile and the same number on my land line from Allied International. It looks like they are going to be persistent.

Some days I feel pretty low about all this hanging over our heads. Today is one of those particular days so when I opened my emails and received an email from Link it just added to the despair. I wasn't even aware they even knew my email address!!

Comment

Tesco have not responded to your CCA request Blodwen, which means it is unenforceable and will stay that way unless they do respond with a compliant CCA. The DCA can do nothing except make a lot of noise and try and pressurize you into talking to them. If you haven't already done so it might be an idea to go to the Royal Mail site and file away a copy of the recorded delivery signature etc that you would have got when you sent off the CCA request. If you're being harassed by phone there are ways to deal with that. Emails & letters can be filed and ignored most of the time. Everybody gets this but I know exactly how you feel. I can tell you it does get a lot better especially when you realise how much control you have. You may not have received a CCA for a reason - they might not be able to send you one. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you MisterK for your reply. I am so grateful I have found this site, because you all understand these feelings which I am going through. I will do as suggested re the Royal Mail copy of the recorded delivery signature.

I've just noticed too that the last full payment was made to Tesco in November 2011. They didn't default the account until November 2014. Is it normal practice for it to take so long for a default to be served? Most of the other accounts were defaulted quite quickly.

Comment

Three years before issuing a DN seems like a very long time to me if you made no payments at all during that time, but other people here will be able to make more useful comment on that than I can. What's really important here is that it's a pre-2007 agreement and they haven't responded to your CCA request. Don't go reminding them, just stay silent and communicate only if and when you need to.

Comment

Thank you - a reduced payment was made during that time whilst within our DMP.

Comment

That would be the reason then, not something to worry about in my view. It looks from the above that they haven't yet issued you with a DN. You may be referring to a default on the CRA files when you say "defaulted". That's something different.

Once again don't go chasing that up. If they don't ever send you a DN that's perfect.
                          Last edited by MisterK; 10 January 2018, 18:59.

Comment

Since this update we have received 6 telephone calls on my mobile and the same number on my land line from Allied International. It looks like they are going to be persistent.

Some days I feel pretty low about all this hanging over our heads. Today is one of those particular days so when I opened my emails and received an email from Link it just added to the despair. I wasn't even aware they even knew my email address!!
                            Hi

I take it that Allied haven't written to you yet, so you don't have their address and their file reference for this account? There is a telephone harassment letter you can send, but you really need that info first. Anyway, in the mean time do not speak to them on the phone. If you do happen to pick up one of their calls, just tell them to send you a letter and hang up. Do not answer any security questions or get further involved in any discussion.

Comment

After the first few months or so the phone calls will reduce quite a lot but if you really want to put a stop to them all at once then the ideal solution is just to change your number. This might be very inconvenient for some people though. It also might be the most expensive option although if you can put up a good case of being harrassed then I believe the phone company might do it for free. But it could still be worth it even if you have to pay because of the instant and ongoing reduction in stress. Not such a good solution perhaps if you've had your number for years and many people have your number.

Another solution is to buy a phone with caller display and you also need to subscribe to caller display as an extra. BT decor 2200 is the one I like, doesn't cost much on ebay. Then you only pick up the phone if you like what you see on the display. This can be a good answer but you'll still have possible problems with with-held numbers, fake mobile numbers, etc. which will leave you wondering whether you should have picked up or not.

The telephone harassment letter solution obviously needs to be done for each creditor and I'm not really sure it's a guaranteed result especially if and when the account gets passed on to another DCA/owner etc.

It all depends on how you see this, how many creditors you've got, where you are in the 6 years etc etc. Different answer for different people I think.

Hope that's useful anyway.
                              Last edited by MisterK; 11 January 2018, 13:25.

Comment

Make a note of the number of these and the dates Calls ; Emails etc and file this away.
                                There is a Harassment letter!
                                We have all had this at one time and another.
                                BT Call Protect is a free service! That should take care of the Land Line.

Comment

Working...
                                X