GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blodwen's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blodwen's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blodwen View Post
    . Do you know if she responds to direct messages or is it best to email her? Sorry if these are daft questions but I'm really not thinking straight at all this evening!!
    Hello Blodwen

From what I can see on your thread you've received a Letter Before Claim which gives you until January 2019 to respond.

I'll take a peek at your thread soon but from what I can see so far this was a Virgin credit card perhaps facilitated by MBNA?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint X View Post
      Ditto what Tech Clerk says. I have recently had two of these letters from PRA. I spoke to Di and she was a massive help. These companies are effectively bully boys. Give Di a call and she will reassure you. I am certainly feeling far more positive after speaking with her

Regards
      Saint X
      Thank you Saint for your reply. I will give her a call tomorrow. Good luck on your journey x

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint X View Post
        I spoke to Di and she was a massive help. These companies are effectively bully boys. Give Di a call and she will reassure you. I am certainly feeling far more positive after speaking with her
        Thank you

I too am against bullying.

Di

Comment

I will give her a call tomorrow.
          I'm not in the office tomorrow so email me with your phone number and I'll call you on Wednesday.

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Hello Blodwen

From what I can see on your thread you've received a Letter Before Claim which gives you until January 2019 to respond.

I'll take a peek at your thread soon but from what I can see so far this was a Virgin credit card perhaps facilitated by MBNA?

Di
            Hi Di.......thank you for your reply.
            Yes this card started off with Virgin in 2006 and then was facilitated by MBNA who then transferred it to Aktiv Kapital and then onto PRA group. Thank you.

Comment

this card started off with Virgin in 2006 and then was facilitated by MBNA who then transferred it to Aktiv Kapital and then onto PRA group.

So there may be potential assignment issues . . . .

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

So there may be potential assignment issues . . . .

Di
                I have emailed you my contact details. It goes without saying that I truly, really appreciate your assistance.

Comment

• Today I have had the pleasure of talking to the lovely Diana Mayhew. What a lovely lady and she has helped put my mind at ease over the situation regarding the LBC.

My Panic button is now well and truly turned off and we can look forward to enjoying our Christmas and not let these people grind us down!! The letter before claim has been completed and will be forwarded in due course. Huge, huge THANK YOU Diana for taking the time to talk to me. It is so very much appreciated.

Comment

• Di had a knack with putting your mind at rest , so glad about that let's hope you can stay calm and enjoy Christmas xx .
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

RBS Cards (Mint)
                      • Credit Card
                      • Date Commenced – April 2008 £ 6,042
                      • Approx Balance - £7,000
                      • Date Last Paid – Full Payment November 2011
                      • Status – Default July 2012
                      • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date Last Paid via DMP August 2017
                      • Account Owner – Cabot Financial
                      7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Cabot recorded delivery with Postal Order.

August 2017 - Letter from Cabot informing us they are the new legal owner of the account and the account will be looked after by Westcot. Stapled to this letter was a copy letter from Mint informing us that in July 2017 are our account was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited who are now the legal owners of the debt.It goes on to say that Westcot will manage our account on behalf of Cabot Financial (UK) Limited.

22nd September 2017 - Letter off RBS with copy of T&C’s – Emailed to Niddy who has informed us they are enforceable.

Since emailing this to Niddy we have since found our original welcome letter from Mint. These weren't emailed to Niddy at the time as we have only just located them.

April 2018 - "Welcome back to Cabot letter received". Our account was managed by Wescot and Cabot now wish to work with us directly. On the right hand side of the letter it states Current Creditor is "Cabot Financial UK Limited." The UK is not within brackets (UK) as it was on the initial copy letter from Mint in July 2017. Noted and Filed.

May 2018 - "Your Balance is waiting to be paid" letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited. - Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - "Statement of Account" received stating it is from Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited as the owner of the account.The transactions and dates showing are rather confusing and show that there are a couple of payments having been made to Westcot during 2017. I will have to double check this with the SAR which we have received from our DMP provider at the time and come back to update the dairy with my findings. Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange a new payment plan.These letters get confusing as the last correspondence stated Cabot Financial Europe but this one clearly states Cabot Financial UK Limited on the right hand side of the letter. Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange a new budge plan, letter is inclusive of an I & S expenditure sheet for completion. Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to discuss our current budget, inclusive of and I and E! - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - "We have not Heard from You" letter received from Cabot Financial Ltd - requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange payment - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited informing us they are instructing an external company to pay us a doorstep visit in order to put us back in touch with them. We have 7 days to respond to their letter!!

December 2018 - Doorstep visit letter forwarded to Cabot Financial UK, using AAD Template, sent recorded delivery. Royal Mail website checked for safe arrival and signed for signature printed off and filed away safely.

December 2018 - Letter received from Resolvecall informing us if we do not contact them within 7 days they will follow up with a doorstep visit.Noted and Filed as we have already sent the doorstep visit AAD template letter to Cabot.
                      Good Evening................following on from sending the AAD doorstep template letter, we have now received a letter from Resolvecall stating if we do not contact them within 7 days it will lead to a doorstep visit. Do we simply ignore this latest letter? The initial letter to Cabot was signed for and a copy of the signature has been filed safely.

Comment

• yep
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA
                          • Credit Card
                          • Date Commenced - November 2007
                          • Approx Balance - £10,000
                          • Status - Default July 2012
                          • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date last paid via DMP August 2017
                          • Account Owner – PRA
                          7th August 2017 – CCA sent to PRA recorded delivery with Postal Order.

11th August 2017 – Quick turnaround from PRA returning our postal order and requesting further information from original lender.

13th September 2017 – Letter from PRA including some documentation, which according to their letter states this is currently unenforceable and they are awaiting further documentation in order to complete the CCA request. They have acknowledged at this moment in time they are unable to take court or further enforcement action against us to recover the outstanding balance.
                          They have informed us they are still legally entitled to request their funds etc etc..

26th October 2017 – No Further contact has been from PRA and my payment to them has ceased.

September 2018 - Letter from PRA responding to our CCA request - documents enclosed were merely a few CC statements.Noted and Filed at this stage.

October 2018 - "Settle your Account" letter received from PRA - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - Letter from PRA informing us they have purchased the alleged outstanding debt from MBNA and is now being managed by their investigation and litigation department - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - LBC and I&E Forms received from PRA - We have 4 weeks to respond or they may issue court proceedings - Paperwork completed and will be returned by Royal Mail Signed for Service before the due date. Noted and Filed.
                          Good Morning - PRA are being very proactive at the moment......another LBC letter dropped on the mat over the festive season but thanks to a conversation with Diana Mayhew earlier in December this letter didn't have us wanting to run for the hills in blind panic!!! This letter is identical to a previous one received within our thread and will be treated in exactly the same way as the previous one. Two separate lbc forms completed and will be forwarded via signed for delivery prior to the lbc date. Strange how they recently informed us they have purchased the alleged debt from MBNA recently when we have paperwork stating PRA have owned this for an age now!! We await their next move with confidence that we have fabulous people to turn to for advice along the way.

Comment

• Absolutely the right way of thinking........So glad to hear that you have this in hand already.........As I have just commented on another diary regarding PRA - Knowledge conquers fear.......How true it is

Comment

• Morning Spud......so very true and every day I am grateful that we have this place to turn to as we couldn't do this without you all.

Comment

RBS Cards (Mint)
                                • Credit Card
                                • Date Commenced – April 2008 £ 6,042
                                • Approx Balance - £7,000
                                • Status – Default July 2012
                                • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date Last Paid via DMP August 2017
                                • Account Owner – Cabot Financial
                                7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Cabot recorded delivery with Postal Order.

August 2017 - Letter from Cabot informing us they are the new legal owner of the account and the account will be looked after by Westcot. Stapled to this letter was a copy letter from Mint informing us that in July 2017 are our account was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited who are now the legal owners of the debt.It goes on to say that Westcot will manage our account on behalf of Cabot Financial (UK) Limited.

22nd September 2017 - Letter off RBS with copy of T&C’s – Emailed to Niddy who has informed us they are enforceable.

Since emailing this to Niddy we have since found our original welcome letter from Mint. These weren't emailed to Niddy at the time as we have only just located them.

[

April 2018 - "Welcome back to Cabot letter received". Our account was managed by Wescot and Cabot now wish to work with us directly. On the right hand side of the letter it states Current Creditor is "Cabot Financial UK Limited." The UK is not within brackets (UK) as it was on the initial copy letter from Mint in July 2017. Noted and Filed.

May 2018 - "Your Balance is waiting to be paid" letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited. - Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - "Statement of Account" received stating it is from Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited as the owner of the account.The transactions and dates showing are rather confusing and show that there are a couple of payments having been made to Westcot during 2017. I will have to double check this with the SAR which we have received from our DMP provider at the time and come back to update the dairy with my findings. Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange a new payment plan.These letters get confusing as the last correspondence stated Cabot Financial Europe but this one clearly states Cabot Financial UK Limited on the right hand side of the letter. Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange a new budge plan, letter is inclusive of an I & S expenditure sheet for completion. Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to discuss our current budget, inclusive of and I and E! - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - "We have not Heard from You" letter received from Cabot Financial Ltd - requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange payment - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited informing us they are instructing an external company to pay us a doorstep visit in order to put us back in touch with them. We have 7 days to respond to their letter!!

December 2018 - Doorstep visit letter forwarded to Cabot Financial UK, using AAD Template, sent recorded delivery. Royal Mail website checked for safe arrival and signed for signature printed off and filed away safely.

December 2018 - Letter received from Resolvecall informing us if we do not contact them within 7 days they will follow up with a doorstep visit.Noted and Filed as we have already sent the doorstep visit AAD template letter to Cabot.

December 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial noting our comments with regards to our "Doorstep Visit" Letter to them. They have requested we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

January 2018 - Received a "Doorstep Visit" from Resolvecall even after Cabot Financial acknowledged our letter to them!! - Noted and Filed.
                                Good Evening - Well even after sending Cabot a "Doorstep Visit" letter and them acknowledging it they still instruct Resolve to make a doorstep visit!!! We were not at home but my son was. He didn't answer the door.

Comment

Working...
                                X