GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blodwen's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blodwen's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottygees View Post

I am currently in the same position as yourself. Lowell’s solicitors have issued an LBC for three of my accounts and one for an account in my wife’s name. For some reason they have put all 3 unconnected debts on one LBC! Not sure whether this is the correct protocol or not. As yourself I have Di and the team on the case. Good luck
    Gosh, they are being very busy indeed. Wishing you all the best with your dealings with them. We certainly have the best team on it. My SAR has been sent today via Recorded Signed For. It's now a waiting game to see what their next move will be, but I suspect and LBC to be on it's way very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blodwen View Post

Gosh, they are being very busy indeed. Wishing you all the best with your dealings with them. We certainly have the best team on it. My SAR has been sent today via Recorded Signed For. It's now a waiting game to see what their next move will be, but I suspect and LBC to be on it's way very soon.
      Yes unfortunately it does look like they enjoy issuing LBCs. I had one last July where I went back to them for further documentation. No further action was taken at the time but they managed to locate what I requested and then reissued the LBC at the beginning of January. This document is now sat with Di and team. Fingers crossed they will see some flaws.

Comment

the letters from Intrum have been flowing in since they took over the account! Their latest one informing us their thinking of making us "Bankrupt" their letter goes onto telling us how it will affect us with our home

First of all your s77-79 CCA Request from August 2017 has not been complied with

If Intrum want to make you bankrupt they would have to serve you with a Statutory Demand.

I would think that an Application to Set Aside the Statutory Demand would be appropriate on the basis that there is a dispute (non compliance with your CCA Request and possibly other arguments).

The case law for this is Hammonds v Pro Fit (see Paragraph 27) >

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2007/1998.html

Intrum were previously known as 1st Credit who used to issue Statutory Demands in preference to county court claims. In 2009 they were sanctioned by the OFT (before the FCA took over regulation) for this threatening practice >

https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/r...quirements.pdf

Maybe the FCA should be made aware that Intrum are "thinking" of returning to this practice.

Di
        Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 28 January 2020, 14:57. Reason: added relevant case law

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Yes

Tesco never complied with your s77-79 CCA Request sent in August 2017 did they?

You say you sent it Recorded Delivery, but no acknowledgement or response was ever received - hopefully you've kept a copy of your request and proof of delivery from the Track and Trace facility on Royal Mail's website.

Send Tesco a SAR to see what data they hold on you - they won't, or at least shouldn't, inform Lowell.

If Lowell Solicitors intend to issue legal proceedings then under Pre Action Protocol they must send you a formal Letter of Claim giving you 30 days to respond before they do.

Di

Good Morning Di and All ......well that didn't take them long.......LBC received from Lowell Solicitors today with 30 days to respond. We haven't received any SAR information as yet from Tesco as it was only sent recently.

Comment

• No surprises there

I'm just parking your earlier post with the history of this debt here so I can find it without scrolling back all the time.

I can see that Tesco didn't comply with your CCA Request sent in August 2017 so see what shows up in your SAR about that.

I can also see that the account was defaulted in 2014 but do you recall being served with a Default Notice? Again let's see what the SAR says about that too.

Email me the first two pages of Lowell's Letter of Claim so I can see what they intend to claim and why they think they have the right to claim it.

Di

Originally posted by Blodwen View Post
            Tesco Bank
            • Credit Card
            • Date Commenced – October 2006
            • Approx Balance - £1,700
            • Date Last Paid – Full Payment November 2011
            • Status – Default November 2014
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date Last Paid via DMP August 2017
            • Account Owner – Tesco Bank
            7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Tesco recorded delivery with Postal Order.

26th October 2017 – No Acknowledgement to our CCA request – no contact from Tesco whatsoever as yet. Payments have ceased for now.

January 2018 - Letter from Tesco informing us they are now passing the debt onto debt collection agency - Allied International (UK) Ltd and they will attempt to contact us.

June 2018 - Letter from Tesco informing us they are transferring our account to Wescot and they will contact us to arrange a payment plan.
            Noted and filed at this stage.

June 2018 - Letter from Wescot informing us they are working on behalf of Tesco and they have requested we contact them to discuss the outstanding balance on the account. Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - Letter from wescot requesting we contact them to arrange payment or they will continue to contact us via letter/phone calls. - Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - "Reduced Settlement Offer" letter received from Wescot - Noted and Filed.

August 2018 - Letter from Wescot requesting we contact them to arrange payment, informing us once this is done they will no longer write to us, telephone or text message us!! - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - Letter from Tesco Bank informing us that Fredrickson International Limited are now acting on their behalf. Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - First letter from Fredrickson requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter from Fredrickson outline payment options open to us - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - "Discount Offer" Letter received from Fredrickson. - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - An abundance of telephone calls have been received from Fredrickson on both land line and mobile phone. None responded to.

August 2019 - Letter from Tesco informing us they are transferring our account to Lowell Portfolio l Limited. - Noted and Filed.

September 2019 - First correspondence from Lowell Portfolio l Limited. Requesting we contact them today to discuss account. - Noted and Filed.

September 2019 - 2nd correspondence this month from Lowell Portfolio l Limited - Informing us our account is overdue and offering payment options. - Noted and Filed.

October 2019 - Letter from Lowell Portfolio l Limited - Informing us they are assessing our account for legal action. - Noted and Filed.

October 2019 - 2nd correspondence this month from Lowell Portfolio l Limited - this one informing us they "May" take legal action to recover debt if we do not contact them - Letter headed "Pre Legal Assessment" - Noted and Filed.

November 2019 - A second "Pre Legal Assessment" letter receive from Lowell Portfolio l Limited - informing us they "May" take legal action. - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - "Annual Statement of Account" letter receive from Lowell Financial Ltd - (this is the first annual statement we have received since this diary thread has been compiled) - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - Letter received from Lowell Financial Ltd - informing us the account has been sent to their solicitors "Lowell Solicitors Limited" who will contact us with regards to payment. Also enclosed within the same envelope was a "Notice of Acting" letter from Lowell Solicitors! I we fail to contact them to arrange payment then they "Will" initiate legal proceedings against us. - Note, filed and Advice Taken.

February 2020 - LBC Letter received from Lowell Solicitors - Noted, Filed and Legal Advice Sought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
              No surprises there

I'm just parking your earlier post with the history of this debt here so I can find it without scrolling back all the time.

I can see that Tesco didn't comply with your CCA Request sent in August 2017 so see what shows up in your SAR about that.

I can also see that the account was defaulted in 2014 but do you recall being served with a Default Notice? Again let's see what the SAR says about that too.

Email me the first two pages of Lowell's Letter of Claim so I can see what they intend to claim and why they think they have the right to claim it.

Di

Hi Di.....copies emailed as requested. I can't recall being served a default notice and don't have it among the paperwork filed. Huge thank you

Comment

• Good Afternoon you wonderful people!! It has been a whole 6 years since informing Step Change that we were going 'Self Managed' and we ceased all contact with Step Change in August 2017. Does this mean that we are very nearly at 'Statue Barred' Status? Your advice would be most appreciated. Thank you

Comment

• in approx a clear (safely) 1 month for ENG/Wales or Last year For Scotland.

Note:- A company can ask you to pay after this period but cannot get a CCJ., if they did you have to inform them that statute barred is that and you will not be paying them, they have to accept it.

Statute Barred - England (6 years) should you need it if they chase you!
                  Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 14 August 2023, 17:05.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good Afternoon you wonderful people!! It has been a whole 6 years since informing Step Change that we were going 'Self Managed' and we ceased all contact with Step Change in August 2017. Does this mean that we are very nearly at 'Statue Barred' Status? Your advice would be most appreciated. Thank you
                    You ceased contact with StepChange, but did you have make any contact with debt chasers in the period since? Were the accounts formally defaulted before or during your time with StepChange?

Comment

Working...
                    X