GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blodwen's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blodwen's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

The debt purchaser will only be entitled to see information held by the original creditor if the Deeds allow for that. It'll depend on the conditions written into the assignment Deed.

I can't think of any reason why the original creditor would want/need to tell the debt purchaser you've requested a SAR and I can't think of any reason for it to damage your situation even if they do.

Thankfully they've sold the debt and washed their hands of you

Di

Good Morning Di

Thank you for our valued response. This has certainly put my mind at ease with regards to sending the SARs. I will now send them with a little more confidence. Off the top of my head I think there are only two of the debts still being owned by the original creditor. The others have all been sold on but I will Definitely make sure and check everything before sending. We have two enforceable one's so it will be interesting to see what information they do actually hold. I will send SARs to the others as well just in case one day they get threatening and then at least we know what paperwork they also have. Thank you for your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blodwen View Post
      Barclays
      • Credit Card - Was originally Egg CC
      • Date Commenced - August 2008
      • Approx Balance - £10,*****
      • Status - Default July 2012
      • Date Last Paid – Full Payment November 2011
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Date last paid via DMP August 2017
      • Account Owner – PRA
      7th August 2017 - CCA sent to PRA recorded delivery with Postal Order.

11th August 2017 – Quick turnaround from PRA returning our postal order and requesting further information from original lender.

13th September 2017 – Letter from PRA including some documentation, which according to their letter states this is currently unenforceable and they are awaiting further documentation in order to complete the CCA request. They have acknowledged at this moment in time they are unable to take court or further enforcement action against us to recover the outstanding balance.
      They have informed us they are still legally entitled to request their funds etc etc..

26th October 2017 – No Further contact has been from PRA and my payment to them has ceased.

February 2018 - Statement of Account received from PRA. - Noted and Filed.

August 2018 - Letter from PRA with reference to our CCA request.They inform they are awaiting further documents in order to complete our request and are currently unable to enforce action to recover the outstanding balance of alleged debt. The information they have provided us with is very sparce, simply date of application, method of application and a few personal details. This CC started it's life as an EGG CC. - Noted and Filed.
      Good Morning All - Well it has been a whole year since we plucked up the courage to take the plunge and become self managed, having given our notice to our DMP in August 2017. A huge thank you to everyone on here that has given us advice and held our hand through this process this far, we really couldn't have done this without AAD. What a roller coaster our first year has been. The letters keep on coming and the telephone calls are still relentless so it has got to the stage where we will be sending the telephone harassment letter. With your help I am learning all the time and simply knowing that you are all here makes this path bearable.

Anyway back to the nitty gritty ......Having initially been quite quiet PRA seem to be doing some more digging with regards to our CCA request as we have recently had a couple of letters off them over various accounts providing us with information as in CC statements and also the above but not enough information as yet to complete our request. We will sit tight with these for the time being.

With regards to our LLoyds TSB diary entry - CSL will now be transferring our account back to Lloyds as they have not had any contact from us. I imagine this will have been done by now so we will await their next move. We haven't received a response to our CCA request as yet for this account but it does concern me as it is over £10k. Are Lloyds notorious for holding onto their large accounts or do they eventually pass them onto a DCA? Lloyds and Tesco are the only accounts which have yet to be sold on.

Thanks again and for any new members just starting out on their journey - good luck and be confident that you are in the best place possibly with these lovely, helpful people.

Update.........another letter received from PRA for the above quoted account - this time it is a copy of a credit card agreement. They go on to inform is that they are awaiting further documents in order to complete our CCA request. As this was originally an Egg card what other information would they be looking at obtaining?
      Last edited by Blodwen; 10 August 2018, 11:29.

Comment

• send the copy CCA to Niddy for checking to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 10 August 2018, 12:32.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

..another letter received from PRA for the above quoted account - this time it is a copy of a credit card agreement. They go on to inform is that they are awaiting further documents in order to complete our CCA request. As this was originally an Egg card what other information would they be looking at obtaining?

Have they sent you an Egg credit agreement or a Barclaycard credit agreement?

Ditto any Ts & Cs they've sent (if any)?

You say PRA have sent you a "copy" of the credit agreement so does their covering letter say it's a 'true' copy or a 'reconstituted' copy?

It's taken them a year to respond to your s 77-79 CCA Request so I'd be interested to know what they finally came up with

Di

Comment

RBS Cards (Mint)
            • Credit Card
            • Date Commenced – April 2008 £ 6,042
            • Approx Balance - £7,000
            • Status – Default July 2012
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date Last Paid via DMP August 2017
            • Account Owner – Cabot Financial
            7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Cabot recorded delivery with Postal Order.

August 2017 - Letter from Cabot informing us they are the new legal owner of the account and the account will be looked after by Westcot. Stapled to this letter was a copy letter from Mint informing us that in July 2017 are our account was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited who are now the legal owners of the debt.It goes on to say that Westcot will manage our account on behalf of Cabot Financial (UK) Limited.

22nd September 2017 - Letter off RBS with copy of T&C’s – Emailed to Niddy who has informed us they are enforceable.

Since emailing this to Niddy we have since found our original welcome letter from Mint. These weren't emailed to Niddy at the time as we have only just located them.

April 2018 - "Welcome back to Cabot letter received". Our account was managed by Wescot and Cabot now wish to work with us directly. On the right hand side of the letter it states Current Creditor is "Cabot Financial UK Limited." The UK is not within brackets (UK) as it was on the initial copy letter from Mint in July 2017. Noted and Filed.

May 2018 - "Your Balance is waiting to be paid" letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited. - Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - "Statement of Account" received stating it is from Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited as the owner of the account.The transactions and dates showing are rather confusing and show that there are a couple of payments having been made to Westcot during 2017. I will have to double check this with the SAR which we have received from our DMP provider at the time and come back to update the dairy with my findings. Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange a new payment plan.These letters get confusing as the last correspondence stated Cabot Financial Europe but this one clearly states Cabot Financial UK Limited on the right hand side of the letter. Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange a new budge plan, letter is inclusive of an I & S expenditure sheet for completion. Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to discuss our current budget, inclusive of and I and E! - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited informing us they are instructing an external company to pay us a doorstep visit in order to put us back in touch with them. We have 7 days to respond to their letter!!

Good Evening all.......due to ill health it has been a while since we have been on the forum. We have received a letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited informing us that they have been unable to contact us via phone (they phone us all the time!!!) they are now going to instruct a company to pay us a doorstep visit so they can put us back in touch with them!! We have 7 days to respond to this letter. I am absolutely worried sick about someone turning up at our door, especially in case the children answer the door. I simply don't know what to do next - do you have any advice please? Also concerned as this particular one is enforceable. :-( :-(

Comment

• Resolve call (Old Scotcall they have no powers maybe)- you have no need to speak to them if they ever turn up (commission agent) you inform them to leave the property, do not enter into any conversation, end of. some are just threats some do turn up only to be told to leave, if so shut the door on them after telling them to leave, no confrontation.

can send this one Recorded Delivery to them;-

Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                Resolve call (Old Scotcall they have no powers maybe)- you have no need to speak to them if they ever turn up (commission agent) you inform them to leave the property, do not enter into any conversation, end of. some are just threats some do turn up only to be told to leave, if so shut the door on them after telling them to leave, no confrontation.

can send this one Recorded Delivery to them;-

Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                Tech Clerk......................thank you SO VERY MUCH for your reply. I really appreciate it. I will send that letter off tomorrow. It made me feel so sick and panicked when I read their letter. I really hope the harassment letter keeps them at bay. Thank you for your time.

Comment

• dam it cleared both postings sorry Spud! oppsss cleared one duplicate and both postings gone. Oh! we both did it the same time opps

Comment

dam it cleared both postings sorry Spud! oppsss cleared one duplicate and both postings gone. Oh! we both did it the same time opps
                    Don't Worry - I hit the post reply key and after around 10 mins it double posted - I deleted one.......and you the other.........Great minds and all that

Comment

MBNA
                      • Credit Card - Formerly Virgin CC
                      • Date Commenced February 2006
                      • Approx Balance £4,000
                      • Status – Default July 2012
                      • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date Last Paid via DMP August 2017
                      • Account Owner – PRA Group UK
                      7th August 2017 – CCA sent to PRA recorded delivery with Postal Order.

August 2017 - Postal Order returned from PRA - account placed on hold until they retrieve further information. Noted and Filed.

11th September 2017 – Letter from PRA including some documentation, which according to their letter states this is currently unenforceable and they are awaiting further documentation in order to complete the CCA request. They have acknowledged at this moment in time they are unable to take court or further enforcement action against us to recover the outstanding balance. They have informed us they are still legally entitled to request their funds etc etc.. Noted and Filed

26th October 2017 – No Further contact has been from PRA and my payment to them has ceased.

February 2018 - Statement of Account received from PRA. - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - Could you Settle Your Account Letter from PRA Group. Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter informing us PRA Group have purchased the outstanding balance from MBNA Ltd - Very confused at this stage as all paperwork previously stated that PRA group owned the debt!

December 2018 - LBC Letter received from PRA group - we have 30 days to respond.
                      Good Evening..........well, it looks as though my week is getting worse and it is only Monday!! I have received a LBC letter from PRA Group and we have 30 days to respond. There is a reply form enclosed along with an I&E form to complete. If we don't contact them they sate in bold that they it could result in court proceedings. I really don't know what to do or which way to turn now. Literally feel sick to the pit of my stomach can anyone offer any advice please? Forever grateful. Would it be the appropriate time to now send a SAR? Since the correspondence in September 2017 they haven't sent us any updated documentation which relates to our original CCA request. In September 2017 they deemed it unenforceable until such time as they could provide further information.

An update on this thread.......I have found some old paperwork (early 2013) stating that Aktiva Kapital were servicing the outstanding balance from MBNA prior to PRA .
                      Last edited by Blodwen; 10 December 2018, 21:14.

Comment

Good Evening..........well, it looks as though my week is getting worse and it is only Monday!! I have received a LBC letter from PRA Group and we have 30 days to respond. There is a reply form enclosed along with an I&E form to complete. If we don't contact them they sate in bold that they it could result in court proceedings. I really don't know what to do or which way to turn now. Literally feel sick to the pit of my stomach can anyone offer any advice please? Forever grateful. Would it be the appropriate time to now send a SAR? Since the correspondence in September 2017 they haven't sent us any updated documentation which relates to our original CCA request. In September 2017 they deemed it unenforceable until such time as they could provide further information.

An update on this thread.......I have found some old paperwork (early 2013) stating that Aktiva Kapital were servicing the outstanding balance from MBNA prior to PRA .
                        contact Diana Mayhew she and her company are well aware of this type situation = just my thought?

Comment

contact Diana Mayhew she and her company are well aware of this type situation = just my thought?
                          Thank you Tech Clark for your reply. Do you know if she responds to direct messages or is it best to email her? Sorry if these are daft questions but I'm really not thinking straight at all this evening!!

Comment

• Ditto what Tech Clerk says. I have recently had two of these letters from PRA. I spoke to Di and she was a massive help. These companies are effectively bully boys. Give Di a call and she will reassure you. I am certainly feeling far more positive after speaking with her

Regards
                            Saint X

Comment

• For Di:-

If you need to contact me you can send a message by clicking on my username or by emailing me at di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk or by telephoning 0330 053 9340. Our initial advice is always free.

Comment

For Di:-

If you need to contact me you can send a message by clicking on my username or by emailing me at di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk or by telephoning 0330 053 9340. Our initial advice is always free.
                                Thank you so very much, I really appreciate you taking the time to post that information for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X