GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Starting out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Starting out

I would ignore for now.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
      Hiya
      Re; Monument

Received this letter from SRJ Recoveries , "thank you for your recent communication and enclose documents as requested".(they sent a copy of monthly statement).

We can confirm the current balance is as the above heading, contact us to arrange repayment".

I didn't request anything ,the letter also states their client is Jefferson Capital International ,do I send the a swid or just ignore .
      Are you sure this is for your Monument account? If you're not sure then I would send You know nothing of the debt/Prove it . If you are sure then send Account sold while in dispute
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Pixie

Yes it was definatley Monument account , the "documents" they sent me 1 statement from 2012 !!!
        So I should send "sold in dispute letter" ??
        Thank you both for your help ,much appreciated.
        Sosad xx

Comment

Yes, send the sold in dispute letter.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hiya

I received a letter from legal recoveries stating they have been instructed by jc international acquisition llc to recover outstanding balance ,they are asking me to contact them . Should I send them a "sold in dispute " letter.

Thank you
            Sosad x

This is for the monument account .

Comment

Hi Sos Ad,

That is what I would do.

You could also tell them, that if the alleged debt is outstanding, to give it a merit or achievement award.

SH

Comment

Hi Scabhunter,

Thanks for your swift reply ,I'll send the letter off tomorrow (,I don't know about the achievement award though !!! )
                Thank you
                Sosad x

Comment

I have been waiting for my award from a couple of DCAs who keep telling me my accounts are outstanding

Comment

Monument (credit card)

Start date 2001

balance £2466.

Last full payment 2009

April 12th ,cancelled dmp requested cca.
                    April 30th, received cca
                    May 9th e- mailed Niddy with my cca
                    Please let me know if you received this as I'm not sure if I have done this properly thank

May 12th . Niddy has deemed this CCA unenforceab

June 12th Posted telephone harassment letter
                    August 9th Received letter saying they have looked at my complaint and judged try have not breached any acts ,also asking for a financial breakdown if I wish to stay on the repayment plan

January11th:: Received letter from C.A.R.S acting on instruction from monument they are commencing formal debt collection please pay balance if I ignore payment request they

may take further action which includes potential litigation.

January 14th: Sent "sold in dispute" letter .

January 23rd ; Received letter from CARS stating they require £1.00 before they can process my request for cca agreement

August 16th 2013.: Received letter from Clarity stating they have been instructed to collect payments for Monument

August 27th: Sent "sold in dispute" letter

August 29th: Received letter from Clarity stating " we need to work out an agreement
                    I have to contact them if I don't they will have to consider the
                    Options one being a doorstop call from Feildcall. Going to ignore
                    this for now as I think our letters have crossed in the post.
                    think our letters have crossed in the post.

September 27th: Received letter from Clarity advising me that they have contacted
                    their client for the information I requested, they will be
                    In touch when they receive said information

January :11th. Received letter from Clarity containing a CCA and T&cs. They are
                    now requesting my proposal of payment .E mailed CCA to Niddy
                    reqesting my proposal of payment. Emailed CCA to Niddy.

February :14th. Niddy has deemed this account enforceable ,never mind you can't win
                    them all !!! Will send MPT letter suggested by Deepie

February 19th: Sent MPT letter to Clarity.

March 12th 2014: Received letter from Clarity stating they have reviewed documents
                    provided to me and they confirm that they do include the
                    prescribed terms.

May12th; Received letter from SRJ with "Confirmed Resident" at the top. Stating
                    That their client Jefferson Capital International have been trying to contact me and found it necessary to make tracing enquiries it has been confirmed you are in fact resident at the above address ,we have concluded that you are choosing to ignore repeated requests for payments. In the circumstances we are instructed that court proceedings may be issued ,

May16th : Sent swid letter.

May20th : Account being placed on hold .

August16th : Received letter from SRJ thanking me for my recent communication !! We
                    confirm the balance outstanding is as above ,contact us

August 25th: Sent" sold in dispute" letter to SRJ

August 30th: Received letter from SRJ they are no longer dealing with this account

November 18th : Received letter from Legal Recoveries & Collections asking me to get in touch with them

November 21st : Sent " sold in dispute " letter to them

November 29th : Received letter from L.R.C. stating that they have been in touch with Monument and they have been instructed to offer me a
                    45% discount .I have until the 10th of December to take advantage of this offer . If I don't take action to resolve this matter I may be
                    at risk of court proceedings being started against me in conjunction with their partner solicitors Sharp Young and Pearce which may
                    incur costs etc. they go on to state if I fail to respond or pay the money a decree could be awarded against me they also state" a
                    decree of the Scottish courts is valid and enforceable for a period of twenty years".

Hiya ,
                    I received the above letter from Legal Recoveries &Collections ,what would be my next best step or should I ignore??

thank you ,
                    sosad xx

Comment

it may depend on where you want to go from here, could you find the 55% to clear it ,try and negotiate it down a bit lower or pay them off in installments
                      OR you could try and hold out a bit longer.
                      I am not sure about the decree , to be honest I don't know a lot about the court procedure as I have not been dragged before them YET!!
                      I didn't want to read and run, I am sure someone with info than me will be along soon to help xx

Comment

Hiya

Comment

Hiya ,
                          I received the above letter from Legal Recoveries &Collections ,what would be my next best step or should I ignore??

thank you ,
                          sosad xx

Hiya

...lol

Comment

Hiya ,

thank you ,
                            sosad xx
                            what a load of old bollocks

usually if they are granted a decree and you haven't asked for a time to pay order, they then try to get the money other ways, ie arresting your wages or trying to get a restriction on your house. They can keep asking for 20 years, so I suppose technically it is enforceable for 20 years but very unlikely anything would go on that long.

So I think they are trying to frighten you here by slightly bending their wording. However they are offering a substantial discount, so if they are certain they will get a decree, why offer a discount.

I certainly wouldn't ignore them but I would send them a missing prescribed terms and also point out that they appear not to have read your sold in dispute. So I would just add a line on at the beginning, saying, Please not you appear not to have read the letter sent to you on blah blah. Another copy is enclosed which I suggest you read carefully.
                            then the bulk of the missing prescribed letter.

Keep an eye on them, we don't want them waltzing you in to court

Comment

hiya and thank you all for your replies

,I cannot afford to pay the money they are asking for , the letter sounds good but which one ? MPT's or Threat Received Litigation - Forthcoming ,I wont ignore them Mrs D I can see your point about them offering me the discount ,and the threatening way they've put the words in the letter ,though they did state " should any decree remain unsatisfied our client is at liberty to enforce this my( could mean by !!! ) way of diligence which could increase the debt owing. ".Your last sentence about " keeping an eye on them as we don't want them waltzing you into court" was really scary !!! lol

Deepie I know I put a wee hiya in lol I don't know what I was doing( me and technology don't go together !!!! )
                              thank you
                              sosad xx

Comment

hiya and thank you all for your replies

,I cannot afford to pay the money they are asking for , the letter sounds good but which one ? MPT's or Threat Received Litigation - Forthcoming ,I wont ignore them Mrs D I can see your point about them offering me the discount ,and the threatening way they've put the words in the letter ,though they did state " should any decree remain unsatisfied our client is at liberty to enforce this my( could mean by !!! ) way of diligence which could increase the debt owing. ".Your last sentence about " keeping an eye on them as we don't want them waltzing you into court" was really scary !!! lol

Deepie I know I put a wee hiya in lol I don't know what I was doing( me and technology don't go together !!!! )
                                thank you
                                sosad xx

Comment

Working...
                                X