GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mr affable's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mr affable's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: mr affable's UE diary

Originally posted by mr affable View Post
    I know I would like to just not tell them but presumably I should do and my question is - if I advise of my new address is this effectively acknowledging my debt?
    No it doesn't........... but think twice
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I know I would like to just not tell them but presumably I should do and my question is - if I advise of my new address is this effectively acknowledging my debt?
      The only reason for wanting to inform an alleged creditor of your new address would be so that if they deliberately sent court papers to the wrong address attempting to get judgment in default, you would be able to prove to the set aside hearing that they had done just that – sent court papers to the wrong address deliberately.

You wouldn't need to do that if there was a redirect in place to send the mail to your new address.

Informing an alleged creditor of your new address would not acknowledge any alleged debt unless you did so in an incredibly clumsy way, for example, by saying “this is where you need to write to me about my debt”.

If you wait until you need to send them a new AAD template, you could just add at the bottom, “Note – my new address from xx/xx will be.....” That would not constitute acknowledgement of any alleged debt.

SH

Comment

Thanks for all your comments. If i set up a Royal Mail redirect it will cost money and wont last for ever (unless i keep paying to keep it going). As i dont receive much mail I was thinking it would just be easier to send a short letter to everyone i receive mail from (including my creditors) along the lines of "please note with effect from my new address will be xyz".

Also i would like to be receiving any mail they might send promptly so i know what they are up to. after all i am not denying that i owe them money just that it is unenforceable - or am i missing the point?

Comment

Thanks for all your comments. If i set up a Royal Mail redirect it will cost money and wont last for ever (unless i keep paying to keep it going). As i dont receive much mail I was thinking it would just be easier to send a short letter to everyone i receive mail from (including my creditors) along the lines of "please note with effect from my new address will be xyz".

Also i would like to be receiving any mail they might send promptly so i know what they are up to. after all i am not denying that i owe them money just that it is unenforceable - or am i missing the point?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Flowerpower. I think what you are saying is - its up to me but if I do and keep it as a simple update of my address it wont affect anything that has happened between me and my creditors up to now?

Comment

but must you?

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                The only reason for wanting to inform an alleged creditor of your new address would be so that if they deliberately sent court papers to the wrong address attempting to get judgment in default, you would be able to prove to the set aside hearing that they had done just that – sent court papers to the wrong address deliberately.

You wouldn't need to do that if there was a redirect in place to send the mail to your new address.

Informing an alleged creditor of your new address would not acknowledge any alleged debt unless you did so in an incredibly clumsy way, for example, by saying “this is where you need to write to me about my debt”.

If you wait until you need to send them a new AAD template, you could just add at the bottom, “Note – my new address from xx/xx will be.....” That would not constitute acknowledgement of any alleged debt.

SH
                mate. We had this happen to us by Mortimer Clarke. We had one of the top barristers on our side.

We lost set aside. They can serve papers to god according to the law. Fucking ass.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok flowerpower is struggling with this by the looks of it.

We, at AAD, do not tell a creditor our new address. Apologies for the confusion above. Others have been dropping subtle hints.

No, do not send compliment slips () and do not contact them. You're moving to rented so what can they do? Not much.... In fact nothing!!

Just move and wait till anyone hassles you. Have some peace and quiet for once. You deserve it after all

PM or email me. No more talk like this on forum. Thanks
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

:niddy is duly

Comment

Now that doesn't happen often, but who enjoyed it more?

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower

HAHAHA, Niddy you misunderstood me completely, I was trying to say the exact same thing only in a more subtle way, you know I DIDN'T give my new address, hence the '£3k in limboland' in my signature! Not to mention Opus et al...

As per post 147 - obviously you males of the species can't take a subtle hint like us ladies...
                        Typical woman though, just say what you mean instead of going all round the houses...

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                          Typical woman though, just say what you mean instead of going all round the houses...

Now, that's liable to provoke the response 'I shouldn't NEED to tell you'...
                          ..... Well, at least thats what my EX would say

Comment

Had a 'Final Notice' letter from Wescot.

Says unless I pay within 10 days it may lead to:

a door step collector being instructed to visit my property to collect payment or

legal action being taken against me

Is it likely that anyone will visit me (dont really want that) or if they do presumably they have no legal rights?

Comment

Forgot to say Wescot are acting on behalf of Capital One

Comment

As per post #136 I sent template letter 'a/c sold whilst in dispute' to Westcot. They said they would take instructions from Capital One.

They have now written to me saying that 'the balance is correct and due' and asking for payment.

Presumably I can just ignore this or is there another template letter I can send?

Comment

Working...
                                X