GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mr affable's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mr affable's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mr affable's UE diary

Just been making nominal £1 payments since Feb 2008.

Comment

Maybe best to continue for now I'm afraid.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok - I had just cancelled all my £1 payments wef last payments made on 1 March but can start this one up again. Will that keep them from doing anything further for the time being?

Comment

Originally posted by mr affable View Post
          Ok - I had just cancelled all my £1 payments wef last payments made on 1 March but can start this one up again. Will that keep them from doing anything further for the time being?
          Hopefully as you're only a week or so late
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I made the payments on 1 March - so can set up again to go through for 1 April. So no break in payments.

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

Must confess I am a bit confused in that earlier in my thread others had been saying stop paying anything as this will start the statute of limitations running. Also that the likely worst a creditor with an enforceable debt could do was to get a CCJ and that this was no big deal (based on the fact that my credit rating is stuffed anyway).

But now you are saying keep paying my nominal payment to Halifax who we have established have an enforceable debt?

Comment

So would it be best to keep on paying at least £1 to my other creditors as well until I know whether they are enforceable or not?

Also are the Halifax (which is enforceable) likely to keep on accepting £1 for as long as I keep convincing them that I have no reasonable surplus of income over expenditure each month?

Comment

Yea as its only £1 just pay it. It's probably best to keep things the way they are till you know what's what.....

Remember if you don't own a house then they can ccj you if you stop paying and sit out SB - it's not the end of the world. However if you own a home forget that

Comment

So if they are able to get a CCJ would that become SB (and effectively lapse) after 6 years if I had not made any payment during that time?

But surely if the court had asked for payment from me following the issue of the CCJ and I had been able able to pay something (however small) SB would never be reached?

Comment

My second CCA agreement received (from Capital One).

Have sent to Niddy for checking.

Emailed Niddy

Comment

My second CCA agreement received (from Capital One).

Have sent to Niddy for checking.

Emailed Niddy
                        This is as the PT's are basically current and not really linked to the agreement that you signed.....

I would respond as follows with this: ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Comment

Hi Niddy

Thanks for coming back so quickly and with the right answer!

I will send the letter you suggest and see what happens.

If I have not heard from the other 4 by beginning of next week presumably I should be writing again to chase their response?

Comment

Thanks - I wont chase then!

As regards the missing prescribed terms letter I am going to send to Cap One - it mentions about a document 'a copy of which is attached'. Presumably this is the photocopied application form with my signature on that they sent to me but do I also have to attach all the other term & conditions bits they sent me?

Comment

Reply received from Mint asking me to sign my CCA request and return to them before they can do anything.

Have sent to Niddy for his thoughts.

Emailed Niddy

Comment

Reply received from Mint asking me to sign my CCA request and return to them before they can do anything.

Have sent to Niddy for his thoughts.

Emailed Niddy
                                Send this back to them--> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Signature Request by Creditor/DCA

Including the original request & payment if they sent it back.

Comment

Working...
                                X