GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mr affable's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mr affable's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mr affable's UE diary

Yes, I've stopped paying ... it's very early days yet though!
    --> Pip's UE Diary - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by mr affable View Post
      Thanks for that Pip (I thought everyone had forgotten me lol!).

I take your point about it being more likely that a DCA would accept a lower F & F and the only quick way to get it there is to stop paying altogether. I guess as I have no assets they are unlikely to make me bankrupt but they could go for an attachment to earnings?
      Say what? And where did you read such nonsense that they will do this?

Not on my watch, trust me! Plus we have Paul as back-up to stop this. Plus we would suggest you commence payments/make offer IF any court papers were served LONG before any CCJ became final.

You're doing the marathon at 1 month old, ie slow right down and think immediate future - why pay £1 for ever?

Stop paying and send off for the CCA - regardless of the year, it's worth it as a stalling method.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
        Others more experienced and knowledgeable than myself will hopefully be able to comment further (and hopefully correct me where applicable!) but this is how I see it:
        Well done

Nothing to correct, you have got it to a T!

Agree pretty much with all your comments - I have added my own above.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

I am a bit confused again. As you will know I have sent off for CCAs from all my creditors. Out of those that have replied you have confirmed that the only enforceable one is from Halifax and as per post #77 you suggested it would be wise therefore to keep on paying my nominal £1 to them.

Are you now suggesting that I should not even be paying that?

Comment

Forgot to mention in last post that I recently had a letter from Halifax asking for my repayment proposals which was when I responded by offering F & F lump sum or continuing with my nominal £1 per month. They accepted continuation of £1.

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

I am a bit confused again. As you will know I have sent off for CCAs from all my creditors. Out of those that have replied you have confirmed that the only enforceable one is from Halifax and as per post #77 you suggested it would be wise therefore to keep on paying my nominal £1 to them.

Are you now suggesting that I should not even be paying that?
              In post #77, Niddy said
              Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Yea as its only £1 just pay it. It's probably best to keep things the way they are till you know what's what.....
              Now that you know that the others are coming back as unenforceable, it doesn't make sense to keep paying £1 ad infinitum.

Like Pip says, play the letter ping pong and, if they start getting heavy, let us know and Niddy will help to sort something out.

A ccj isn't the end of the world. I've got one...the court ordered me to pay £1 a month! No more dca letters asking me to pay more or complete IE forms...
              Last edited by Pixie; 12 May 2012, 07:31. Reason: idiot! (me)
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie - did you mean 'unenforceable'

Comment

Oops - I did.

I'll change my post now
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Pixie thanks for clarifying.

Mr A, basically as pixie says that was before we knew anything but to be honest you'll do no harm ceasing payments especially if they now want new I&E. If they get heavy we'll then guide you back along the right path without I&E forms.

Comment

• Re: mr affable's UE diary

I have stopped making any payments to anyone except Halifax (which is enforceable) are you meaning that I should stop paying Halifax as well (even though I have just written to them saying I will continue to pay my nominal £1)?

Also as an aside I am soon due to be moving to another rented property - presumably i do need to keep my creditors updated with my new address? I mean this wont affect my SB time clock?

Comment

Now received a tick box reply from Mint (to my Final Response letter) saying they cant do anything as they havent received the required £1 fee! They returned my £1 postal twice before.

What (if anything) do I do now - just ignore it?

Comment

Thanks Flowerpower

The letter you suggested is the one I sent to them and they responded as mentioned in my last post. Presumably I dont need to send it again?

Comment

Thanks Flowerpower

The letter you suggested is the one I sent to them and they responded as mentioned in my last post. Presumably I dont need to send it again?
                            Leave them to it......Lets see what they send next

Comment

Now received a tick box reply from Mint (to my Final Response letter) saying they cant do anything as they havent received the required £1 fee! They returned my £1 postal twice before.

What (if anything) do I do now - just ignore it?
                              I have sent all paperwork oFf to FOS..All the details of how they have obstructed my efforts to obtain my CCA without a signature...
                              Will post up outcome when i receive it.....
                              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                                This seems now standard behaviour by Mint, which raises a few questions:
                                1. Have you guys tried hand signing with a different signature to your usual one?
                                2. Surely, if they refuse to respond to a CCA request despite your repeated attempts they are in default and can't enforce in court. The only problem here could be if they issued papers and came up with an enforceable agreement at that point. So far I haven't heard any stories like that but it would be possible, wouldn't it?
                                But they're questioning your identity by refusing to comply with the CCA request. As they've already been sending letters/statements to that address before, they would've to come up with an explanation as to why they are only raising the question of identity at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X