GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mr affable's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mr affable's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: mr affable's UE diary

Ok thank you

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just had a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors regarding my MINT debt which is now being dealt with by Fredrickson International ltd. It mentions that Fredricksons are still keen to set up an affordable repayment arrangement etc but if i dont then proceedings may be issued against me etc.

Presumably I can just ignore it? i guess if they think they can take action against me I should let them get on with it - ie put up or shut up?

Comment

I definitely wouldn't ignore Carter.

He is a long established slime ball who looks for easy targets. If you respond and show him that you know and understand the law, he will almost certainly move on in search of easier prey. If you don't respond, he will think that you are just another loser who will cop a judgment in default, and may well issue papers.

I would either send a bespoke reply, or the template here -

Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action - allaboutDEBT UK

Both have proven effective in keeping Carter out of court.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
          I definitely wouldn't ignore Carter.

He is a long established slime ball who looks for easy targets. If you respond and show him that you know and understand the law, he will almost certainly move on in search of easier prey. If you don't respond, he will think that you are just another loser who will cop a judgment in default, and may well issue papers.

I would either send a bespoke reply, or the template here -

Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action - allaboutDEBT UK

Both have proven effective in keeping Carter out of court.

SH
          Agree with SH.

I saw Freds/Carter off some time ago. You do need to respond or he/they are likely to steam ahead with court action.
          Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've seen off Bryan Carter twice (different debts) with the threatogram letter
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the advice - i will get a letter off to them.

Comment

Just going back to Scab Hunters recent reply re bryan carter - presumably they would have to let me know if they were going to apply for judgement by default?

Bit worried now that i need to get my reply off asap as their letter was dated 10 days ago!

Comment

Originally posted by mr affable View Post
                  Just going back to Scab Hunters recent reply re bryan carter - presumably they would have to let me know if they were going to apply for judgement by default?

Bit worried now that i need to get my reply off asap as their letter was dated 10 days ago!
                  You will be fine...just get the letter off Monday....

I've deleted your last post...... duplicate post
                  Last edited by IF; 27 April 2013, 19:03.

Comment

They wont get judgement by default, you need to be provided with claim forms and then not act on them long before a default judgment would happen.

But forget that, they wont litigate if you get that letter off, i to have seen them off with mint, freds and then bryan carter.

Next step, passed to new DCA.

Comment

Thank you - will get the letter off Monday!

Comment

Further to post #176 have now had a reply from Lowells following my missing PTs letter to them re my Capital One a/c.

I have copied this to Niddys email address for him to have a look at. I know he is busy so in the meantime thought I could share the gist of what they are saying with the forum.

Basically they are asking which PTs i believe are missing then they go on to say that under sections 77-79 they are obliged to send a true copy of the credit agreement and any other document referred to within that agreement and a statement of account.

They say they have done this together with a signed copy of my application. They then say that the procedures and processes of Capital One would not have allowed any credit facility to have been opened or utilised if they had not received a signed application. Furthermore I have evidenced acceptance of the agreement by using the credit facility.

They say that since April 2007 the court has discretion to decide whether any amount is properly payable taking into account all the circumstances of how the debt accrued and whether the agreement was improperly executed.

They say that the introduction of the CCA 2006 withdrew S127(3)concerning irredeemably unenforceable credit agreements. As such the courts have discretion as to whether the defect i allege in the credit agreement is such that the agreement does not reflect the true intention of the purposes of the transaction to which it seeks to govern and to which Lowell relies upon for payment of the debt.

Sorry to go on - but can anyone advise me?

Thank you

Comment

I would be sending Final Response - UE (CCA Received) - allaboutDEBT UK if it were me.

Comment

I know staying out of court is a major plus BUT surely they can not issue a claim on behalf of freds as freds don't own the debt. Also what if you have a defence?

Sometimes surely it is the right thing to do to make a stand

Comment

I've suggested ignoring this letter.
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Did you suggest that by email or on the forum because I must have missed it if it was in the thread...sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X