GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with Unenforceability [UPDATED 01/2020] - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Unenforceability [UPDATED 01/2020]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help with Unenforceability

One quick question NID. For various reasons I have missed the last payment which was due on 20th of this month. I was going to pay it today but as I haven't recieved the CCA, should I hold off?

Moby.

Comment

Originally posted by MobyUK View Post
      One quick question NID. For various reasons I have missed the last payment which was due on 20th of this month. I was going to pay it today but as I haven't recieved the CCA, should I hold off?

Moby.
      I can't say until you give me the details necessary to offer that advice......
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Understood. I'll get the diary started tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by MobyUK View Post
          Understood. I'll get the diary started tomorrow morning.
          Cheers mate
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi NID
            Havent posted in a while as alls been quiet until now.. Received a letter from capquest stating as they have not received my payment proposals and if not received in 7 days time my a/c will be 'wont pay'. Contact now or failure to respond will escalate the collection process which may include visits. They also offered a reduced settlement figure which is waay to high. I have sent all letters that you informed me to. any ideas what to do now? Thanks for the help would have been lost otherwise.
            Last edited by Aile5; 25 May 2011, 18:22. Reason: just wanted to add something

Comment

Originally posted by Aile5 View Post
              Hi NID
              Havent posted in a while as alls been quiet until now.. Received a letter from capquest stating as they have not received my payment proposals and if not received in 7 days time my a/c will be 'wont pay'. Contact now or failure to respond will escalate the collection process which may include visits. They also offered a reduced settlement figure which is waay to high. I have sent all letters that you informed me to. any ideas what to do now? Thanks for the help would have been lost otherwise.
              Send this back: ---> Enough is Enough Template

Comment

Hi Niddy,

Have been reading through your excellent advice pages and the UE diaries and am seriously considering this route as we owe approx £85k to 9 creditors and are currently on DMP (6 months in) and paying out over £1k a month to keep the predators at bay. Only a couple have stopped interest so the 6 year plan is looking less and less likely. As I understand it we can't use the UE on bank overdrafts and UE is more likely pre 2007 set up. Before starting a diary and taking the plundge can you advise how to start things off? Think I spotted something on here about finding out if accounts are default/arrears/up2date- but now cant find it again - how do we find out?? Then is it better to stop paying our DMP now or wait til we find out the default situation first...think I know what your answer may be but just to be sure as feeling a little nervous as we have just the hang of the whole DMP stuff and stopped phonecalls, doorstep collectors etc. Seems like this UE option involves lots of correspondance but am prepared for that with the support you and your forum posters are offering. Look forward to your response and hopefully taking that plundge...toes are definately in the water!!!
                The Puppets

Comment

Hi There

welcome in to the Orange side from the the Paddlers!!

What we need you to do is give us a list of the debts, amount, who, and rough dates. You are right UE only applies to those debts taken out prior to April 2007, so anything after that will probably be enforceable. We need you to read all the info here, as you've worked out your DMP probably won't finish on schedule and even if it does you've still got another 6 years until your credit record clears. UE isn't an easy option but personally we were the same place as you just a year ago, huge debts, paying out a fortune to the DMP and still some of the creditors weren't playing ball, we've made good progress in just a year. Hasn't been without its terrifying moments but we're through them for the moment and looking at more than a third admitted UE by the creditors. You will receive unrivalled support here through your diary, loads of peeps going through the same thing, including most of the mods, so we absolutely know how it feels. It means getting your life back and its a huge learning process, the creditors can't do very much and the trick is to learn what is stupid senseless bluster and where the real (if any) threats lie and meet them head on. Niddy is the rock, so have a good solid read, try a couple of diaries from the getgo, Alland's is good, as is Pixie's, read it all then read some more and then come back with the info we need and let's see what you think.

Feel free to ask as many questions as it takes!

Dopey
                  Last edited by MrsD; 30 May 2011, 19:57. Reason: rotten spelling

Comment

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5

If you read all of the above thread, it'll get you started.

Comment

Originally posted by the-predator-puppets View Post
                      Hi Niddy,

Have been reading through your excellent advice pages and the UE diaries and am seriously considering this route as we owe approx £85k to 9 creditors and are currently on DMP (6 months in) and paying out over £1k a month to keep the predators at bay. Only a couple have stopped interest so the 6 year plan is looking less and less likely. As I understand it we can't use the UE on bank overdrafts and UE is more likely pre 2007 set up. Before starting a diary and taking the plundge can you advise how to start things off? Think I spotted something on here about finding out if accounts are default/arrears/up2date- but now cant find it again - how do we find out?? Then is it better to stop paying our DMP now or wait til we find out the default situation first...think I know what your answer may be but just to be sure as feeling a little nervous as we have just the hang of the whole DMP stuff and stopped phonecalls, doorstep collectors etc. Seems like this UE option involves lots of correspondance but am prepared for that with the support you and your forum posters are offering. Look forward to your response and hopefully taking that plundge...toes are definately in the water!!!
                      The Puppets
                      Hiya & Welcome

Ok, first things first it'd be best to start a diary and then provide the following info (its the same link as Mrs Dopey posted) :---> #2

Do not cease any DMP payments yet, wait until you've provided the info above then i'll come back to you and answer each post, with detailed info of what you can do/expect etc......

However, regards to your query of status (defaulted/upto date etc) this can be established by getting a copy of your credit report, by previous letters or by asking the creditor! The way I establish this, is by the date you last paid the actual amount due and what you've done since then, so for example if you last paid the normal premium in January 2010, then missed 10 payments, then went onto a DMP the chances are you'll be defaulted already - of those that you're not, we need you to be (as when the account is with a DCA interest and charges cease, so long as an account stays with the lender, they will keep adding interest and charges)....

Hopefully the above two links will help you get started, however spend time reading diaries as well, Pixie & Allan are good choices but most of them are active and filled with similar concerns as yours....

yes, you'll get hassle but if we stop it early then it'll stay stopped - put simply, we start by removing all numbers so snail mail is the only form of contact, this may mean changing your landline - a small price to pay for peace & quiet

Comment

Ok folks, thank you. Will be sending for credit report today to get details needed - then will start diary and take it from there.

Puppets

Comment

Done it - sent off for credit report today - should hear back by early next week. Quick question whilst we wait for details to come through....we wrote to all creditors in the DMP recently to see if they might reduce/stop interest as its been 6 months since we started and a couple have come back with please ring us to discuss and one has offered the opportunity to discuss a reduced F+F which even at 50% we cant afford right now....is it worth pursuing just to see what they say - especially as 2 of them are for overdrawn bank accounts which UE doesn't apply to. Also if I start calling them will they then start calling us again..took a while to get the calls stopped before. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by the-predator-puppets View Post
                            Done it - sent off for credit report today - should hear back by early next week. Quick question whilst we wait for details to come through....we wrote to all creditors in the DMP recently to see if they might reduce/stop interest as its been 6 months since we started and a couple have come back with please ring us to discuss and one has offered the opportunity to discuss a reduced F+F which even at 50% we cant afford right now....is it worth pursuing just to see what they say - especially as 2 of them are for overdrawn bank accounts which UE doesn't apply to. Also if I start calling them will they then start calling us again..took a while to get the calls stopped before. Cheers
                            I'd just sit tight for now - they can wait.... you'll get the reports soon enough, can I check did you do Experian & Equifax? No need for Call Credit, its the other two that matter here.....

Comment

Experian

Comment

to be honest, they probably only want you to ring so they can have a bit of a moan about the amount you're paying on the DMP. If you are going to drop out of the DMP, not much point in giving yourself the stress. and 50% is too much if it happens to be UE, 50% too much!

You will get much better f&fs on your overdrafts once you've concentrated their minds a bit by stopping paying for a while.........honestly!!! Alland's famous £2K for a £10k ENFORCEABLE debt springs to mind. Try to relax, you're in the best possible hands with Niddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X