Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam

I've just received a text message saying

" URGENT! If you took out a Bank Loan prior to 2007 then you are almost certainly entitled to £2900 in compensation. To claim reply 'YES'."

I'm certain that this is a scam to get your bank details. Hopefully, no-one on here will fall for it.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Scam

i've had one of those too!

delete.....

Comment

Don't worry, it's already deleted.

I just wanted to warn people.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        Don't worry, it's already deleted.

I just wanted to warn people.
        good idea hun...

i had one once which said i could have compensation following my road traffic accident....i wasn't in an accident

Comment

I replied giving them my bank details - lol, lets see how they get on trying to take money from some random account that is linked to me on my credit file - shame

It'll cause HSBC some work, if nothing else!!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            I replied giving them my bank details - lol, lets see how they get on trying to take money from some random account that is linked to me on my credit file - shame

you're braver than me!

Comment

Originally posted by confused76 View Post
              you're braver than me!
              Tell me, if an account has £0 then how can anyone possibly get anything from it? Plus of course, it aint my account, just some random HSBC account showing on my credit file....

I generally do use it to reply to such frauds, in the hope that they'll get lucky and leave an audit trail for the old bill to catch up with, assuming of course the pathetic bank in question had the balls to pursue it....

You know me, like to play games with the banks and these wankers that try and lead us into this nonsense in the first place!!!
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Tell me, if an account has £0 then how can anyone possibly get anything from it? Plus of course, it aint my account, just some random HSBC account showing on my credit file....

I generally do use it to reply to such frauds, in the hope that they'll get lucky and leave an audit trail for the old bill to catch up with, assuming of course the pathetic bank in question had the balls to pursue it....

You know me, like to play games with the banks and these wankers that try and lead us into this nonsense in the first place!!!
                £0 and not your account...sounds much better!

Comment

I like it Niddy.

Pity I haven't got some such account - though it wouldn't make any difference if I gave them my current account details as that doesn't have anything much in it either!

Comment

Working...
                  X