GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC advance monthly charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC advance monthly charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC advance monthly charges

Does anyone know what the monthly charges of 12.95 entitled you to? I've got my sar back but there was nothing which included a breakdown of what you got for the monthly fee other than overdraft facility. I know there was things like phone insurance but can't remember what else.?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: HSBC advance monthly charges

Here ----> http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/current-ac...s-and-benefits
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanx. It appears all benefits were something which was never needed or wanted. Even the overdraft has only ever been 500 quid a year. Which under the advance account fee would cost 39 quid a year but pay 12.95 a month for the privilege. Surely the overdraft rate on a standard account is cheaper?

Do I have a reason to reclaim charges?

Comment

Yes, as you say, you never needed or wanted the "benefits" on the account. Did the bank ever make any enquiries, or did they just "upgrade" you.

Comment

You get (or used to) preferential OD rates and if you were EVER OD then you utilised the benefit.

I argued this and the FOS found in favour of bank. So I calculated my length of service as a paying customer and then went OD by that amount (+10% interest) and told em to go forth and multiply.

Yea they defaulted me but am I bothered? I still got my advance fees refunded. I just had to issue myself a refund through use of their OD facility.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The sar only shows so much. Account opened on 94. But overdraft info and statements only go back to 08. So I could potentially claim the fee or not?

Comment

If you used the OD then no. You'll be rejected as you took benefit of the advance account extra's.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Do you know of any excessive charges to those accounts at any time I could claim? Trying to justify my sar fee now lol

Comment

Well when did it commence? Is it still an advance account now? Did you have an OD (and use it) from outset?

I lost and found no way around it because I was overdrawn at times. Hence "I did it my way" (cue Frank Sinatra / Elvis)....

Comment

Unsure of start date will double check sar. Account was offered as alternative because it would be cheaper in charges although account has only ever had that fee and od charge. Od has been used yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X