GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Request SAR before reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request SAR before reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request SAR before reclaim

Hi all,

I just posted a thread on the loans ppi section but thought i would ask a general question on ppi here as well.

Should i send a sar request before reclaiming ppi if i have copies of the agreements? Will they show up more evidence?

I reallywant to go about this is in the right way and not mess it up, especially with egg as it is for 1800 odd quid and i cant see a tick box on the agreement i have for ppi!!!

I have the questionaire from money saving expert and am trying to make sure i have enough knowledge before i start this.

Many thanks :-)

Re: Request SAR before reclaim

Hi there

It is up to you, but I think a SAR can be helpful, in case you need to check something out, or fall back on etc etc....

You can of course still continue to make a reclaim.

Comment

Thanks Di, i was unsure if anything other than the agreement would show up. I think i will put in my claims and sar at the same time. I really want to get this moving as i am so worried abut the age of them (early 2000's)

thank you :-)

Comment

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
        Thanks Di, i was unsure if anything other than the agreement would show up. I think i will put in my claims and sar at the same time. I really want to get this moving as i am so worried abut the age of them (early 2000's)

thank you :-)

Your welcome.

I have just posted on your other thread as well, to confirm that no matter how old they are, give it a go, many others and myself have been successful even with older reclaims, pre 90's and so.

Comment

Hi JSW

The SAR will show up all kinds of stuff including copies of your statements for the last 6 years at LEAST - some banks keep info longer and part with it on SAR but they are only legally obliged to keep records going back 6 years.
          However this will be a big help to youif you have not got copies of all statements etc.

I would personally start the PPI re-claim as it takes a while and SAR them soon after you start as they will take the full 40 days to provide the info.
          PS - Ask them for recordings / transcripts of all telephone conversations.

let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Matty

Comment

Working...
          X