GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Errr... How do i put this? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errr... How do i put this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errr... How do i put this?

This is less money saving and debt busting but it still covers law

I need some advice regarding my current living arrangements.

I currently live with partner and DS in partners adoptive parents house. In which there was a lodging agreement in place when i moved in between myself and partners adoptive dad.

This house is not owned out right by her adoptive parents but by her adoptive dad and his 2 brothers on which inheritance tax is still due.

Her adoptive dad got ill in January (this year) and later passed away in April.
    1 of his brothers were in contact with him b4 he got ill but the other hadn't spoken to him for at least 18 months (coincidence???? i.e thinking that its more chance that he can get his share of the house + maybe more).

April comes partners adoptive dad passes away and within 2 weeks of his passing(and almost a week b4 his funeral) his brothers have started to remove some of his stuff from the attics.

May comes and i receive a letter from his brothers stating that i had 28 days to leave the premises. Also had the brother (that hadn't spoken to partners adoptive dad since me and my partner got together) threatened to physically remove me as it was his property and that his solicitor had told him this, i replied that was basically nonsense and that he needed a court order(at least to make things easier for me, partner and DS to move out i.e. help off the council etc etc.)

June and i hear diddly squat other than the other brother saying that what i had said seemed more likely to be right than what their solicitor had said as it made more sense(thou this wasn't said directly to me but through partners adoptive mum)

July and nothing is heard

August see them both but nothing said.

September 21st and apparently they are bringing the bailiffs round within the next 14 days to remove me from the property. I've had no Court Papers served on me or any letters from the brothers since May so i disbelieve this but partner is basically kicking up a fuss about not wanting this to happen.

Also it has been known for partners adoptive mum to lie/misinterpret what has been said to her so thats another reason that i disbelieve all of this.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Re: Errr... How do i put this?

Have a mooch here matey: ---> http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advic ... te_tenants

More importantly, try this eviction checker (great little tool): ---> http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advic ... on_checker

Sadly, this is the outcome of my results using the checker, based on what you advised above in your opening post:

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X