GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCJ from 2005 - AAD Consumer Forum


No announcement yet.

CCJ from 2005

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CCJ from 2005

    I have an old CCJ from 2005 for a store card which I have been paying £10 a month for, however, I will quite soon be moving and will have no employment or assets for them to consider chasing.

    My question is, can I simply tell them to go forth? as I feel that I've more than repaid what they originally paid for my debt...

  • #2
    Re: CCJ from 2005

    It isn't advisable to just tell them to go forth imo.

    If you will no longer be able to afford the monthly payment that was set you can apply for a reduction using form N245 but you will have to give your I&E. There is a fee to pay but if you're on a low income or certain benefits you may be exempt from paying the fee
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

    If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.


    • #3
      Re: CCJ from 2005

      Hi. whilst you may not have any employment (attachment of earnings) or large assets (house ownership), they might still be able to try to enforce the outstanding judgment amount via bailiffs if the formal court payment arrangement is irretrievably broken, and nothing else is agreed. where they could look at taking things such as a car, certain household items, etc.
      Maybe you could try to come to some arrangement with them to now settle the judgment in full with their agreement. or, maybe rearrange the monthly payments as suggested.
      Last edited by alfie; 21 December 2016, 17:36.


      • #4
        Re: CCJ from 2005

        Or write and offer a single payment (20% of balance) to settle the CCJ?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

        If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at:


        • #5
          Re: CCJ from 2005

          Originally posted by daisy View Post
          I have an old CCJ from 2005 for a store card which I have been paying £10 a month for, however, I will quite soon be moving and will have no employment or assets for them to consider chasing.
          How much is the balance outstanding on this CCJ?

          Where did the £10 per month repayment figure come from? Was that set by the court or was it agreed by negotiation possibly after a forthwith (total amount claimed) Order?

          Is statutory interest being added?

          Who is the creditor and are you paying them direct or their solicitors?

          Plan B x
          I don't give advice, I share wisdom. Whenever the chips are down there's always a Plan B

          I'm a fully qualified mother which is the hardest exam I've ever sat. I have other more formal qualifications which are less important


          • #6
            Re: CCJ from 2005

            Thank you for all the replies.
            Its a debt from an old store card, the ccj was granted and I offered £10 a month and have refused to increase it since, there is no further interest being added.
            The ccj is with Drydens.
            I will contact them with regards to a full and final payment, as it one less debt to worry about when I move abroad in 4 weeks.


            • #7
              Re: CCJ from 2005

              As you are going to be abroad, they wont have much to enforce (seize, if bailiffs) here. and would be unlikely to enforce as such abroad!
              If you're going to settle in full, get it as low as possible.