GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Robinson Way / HPH2 LTD - Howard Cohen & Co - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robinson Way / HPH2 LTD - Howard Cohen & Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson Way / HPH2 LTD - Howard Cohen & Co

Can anyone give advice on the following letter from Robinson Way;

"We have received notifiaction from the Court that the Attachment of Earnings application isued against you has been dismissed. Please be advised that as your account is still subject to a County Court Judgement, you remain liable for the outstanding debt.
    After reviewing your income and expenditure details we are willing to agree an affordable repayment with you, however there was no offer of repayment on the income and expenditure form"

they go on to say my account is on hold for 14 days and failure to contact them may result in our client's solicitor Howard Cohen & Co. Being instructed to further enforce the County Court Judgement.

What should I do? Do I need to pay this debt?

Thanks, in advance.

Re: Robinson Way / HPH2 LTD - Howard Cohen & Co

HelpNeeded, I've moved your post to your own thread for more replies and support.

Best wishes
    IF
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

welcome to AAD To be able to help you we need to know a lot more about this.

Were you aware that you had been taken to court by Cohen's?
      Is this your debt?
      If it is your debt what was it originally?
      Did you supply the I&E to the court?

Comment

Thank you for responding. Yes it is an old Debt from Barclaycard. I arranged with Barclaycard to repay £1 per month when I was unable to pay the minimum requirement which I did. However Barclaycard closed the account in 2012 and the debt was taken over by MKDP. After a few letters back and forth over a couple of years it's was taken then by Hoist portfolio. I was aware of an application for earnings through the court. I responded with details advising that I was self employed and was dismissed by our local court

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
          HelpNeeded, I've moved your post to your own thread for more replies and support.

Best wishes
          IF

Thank you for your help.

Comment

so it has gone to court and they have awarded a ccj against you?

Comment

Not that I'm aware. I've never received any correspondence mentioning CCJ except the one posted above. I think that's what they are threatening in this letter. The only court action was my local court requesting the income & expenditure form then dismissed the request for the earnings attachment order.

Comment

O nly a court can request an I&E and if the court has dismissed it it sounds like they have a CCJ. Have you moved or changed your address recently and are you sure this is your debt?

I think you need to go on to Trust Online and check if there is a CCJ registered there, I'm afraid it sounds a bit like there may be, but you need to find out for certain, before we can do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                  O nly a court can request an I&E and if the court has dismissed it it sounds like they have a CCJ. Have you moved or changed your address recently and are you sure this is your debt?

I think you need to go on to Trust Online and check if there is a CCJ registered there, I'm afraid it sounds a bit like there may be, but you need to find out for certain, before we can do anything about it.

Thank you. I have just checked and you are right - I do have a CCJ from June this year. Im shocked as I haven't had any correspondence regarding this and I have lived here for 16 years. The account number they quote is an old Barclaycard number I had so I'm guessing its mine. Should I send one of those prove it letters or have we gone way too far for that?

Comment

it is too far for that, if you are absolutely certain it is yours and you've never had anything in the post about it then you could try to get it set aside but that will need the input of a solicitor unless you feel you could do it yourself.

Let me get one of our legal types to come on and advise.

are you absolutely certain you haven't had any notification of any kind? Where did the court get the i&e?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                      it is too far for that, if you are absolutely certain it is yours and you've never had anything in the post about it then you could try to get it set aside but that will need the input of a solicitor unless you feel you could do it yourself.

Let me get one of our legal types to come on and advise.

are you absolutely certain you haven't had any notification of any kind? Where did the court get the i&e?

Looks like I've caused a right mess for myself now! Just gone through all my paperwork again;

April 2016; Howard Cohen Solicitors sent a Notice of Pending Legal Action if I didn't pay the full balance within 10 days

June 2016; Judgment for Claimant (in default). My husband thought this was a scam as even the paper & stamp looks so unprofessional.

My local county court requested the I & E from me following an applications of earnings order from Hoist Portfolio. I then received a letter saying the application has been dismissed because I am self employed.

Cant believe I've overlooked all of this. There have been so many names, MKDP, Hoist, Howard Cohen, Robinson Way. I'm guessing I need to come to some agreement with Robinson way now.

Comment

Did you ever receive a N1 claim form from Northampton?

It would look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	n1claimform.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	1411576

Obviously the amount owing etc would be particular to you.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          Did you ever receive a N1 claim form from Northampton?

It would look like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22164[/ATTACH]

Obviously the amount owing etc would be particular to you.
                          I think I did but it was white. My husband took it to compare online and thought it was fake as he said it should be a bluish colour.

Comment

The facts - to have an attachment of earnings = you MUST have a CCJ registered against you. To confirm visit Trust Online and check.

As theyve dismissed the AoE order, it'd suggest they didn't know your employer or that you're unemployed.

So, for us to assist, try explaining things from the start as there's something missing here.

However, bottom line - you do have a CCJ.
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by HelpNeeded View Post
                              Can anyone give advice on the following letter from Robinson Way;

. . . . failure to contact them may result in our client's solicitor Howard Cohen & Co. Being instructed to further enforce the County Court Judgement.

What should I do? Do I need to pay this debt?.
                              You may have a slim chance of getting the CCJ set aside (but it's not unthinkable if you would have had a strong potential Defence and Hoist does have legal "issues" when it comes to court claims) but nevertheless you need to take onboard the fact that the CCJ can be enforced in other ways.

From what you say the Claimant failed to get an AOE since you told the court that you are self-employed.

Are you a homeowner perhaps jointly with your husband?

How much is the CCJ for?

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
                              X