GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A Friend In Need - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Friend In Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Friend In Need

Hi All

Hope im in the right place being my first time on this site ....

The reason for this is that my very close friend is as my username suggests (ontheedge) and i fear he could be pushed over given his latest situation with one of his debts, and is desperate for H E L P !!!!

Between the 2 of us we have some knowledge of the CCA route given the loss of my job 2 years ago and a complete downturn in my friends work leading him to financial troubles/debt worries. His current situation is a C/C for approx £14k where the lender has via their team leader submitted a N244 Application Notice & Witness Statement to our local court (Transferred From Northampton CC) With an hearing date set for early june asking for a summary judgement in favour of them.

To cut a long story short, We are desperate to get a defence together - The following points are what has happened so far :-

NO ORIGINAL AGREEMENT - NO DEFAULT NOTICE - RECONSTITUTED AGREEMENT - RECONSTITUTED APPLICATION FORM

And many other minor mistakes made on the way - confused or what !!!!

Looking forward to a reply .... Hoping to find peace of mind for my friend in this stressful matter .. kind regards ontheedge
    Last edited by Ontheedge; 14 April 2011, 12:13.

Re: A Friend In Need

Just want to say hi and welcome.

I'm afraid I don't have too much knowledge of the court system but hopefully someone will come along later who can help.

I assume your friend has already has the ccj against him.

I'm a little confused as I thought the N244 was to suspend payment.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi pixie thanks for welcome/reply. My friend not got CCJ yet
      Hearing set for early June . Any other help from anyone ??? Regards

Comment

Hi

I would give our preferred solicitors a call, see what they say - if they can help then they will..... point is, the lender can use a recon, they can issue a DN at a later date (or remedy an incorrect one) and they can rely on various sources to obtain an agreement.

It seems like (from what you've said) that you may have a good case here however I would at least speak to our preferred solicitor (check your emails/PM's) to see what they reckon.... One last thing, is your "friend" a homeowner or tenant? In any case, a CCJ aint that bad - it's not like they can do much after it has been issued, however it may be best to defend this with all the errors mentioned.

Best of luck
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks .. Will do

Comment

Keep us posted with what Paul says?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X