GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script unaware of issued CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unaware of issued CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unaware of issued CCJ

I have just found a CCJ was issued in 2008, i was unaware of the judgement, at the time i was under the court of protection due to mental illness. Can i apply to have the judgement set aside, in order to find out exactly what the details are.

Any advice most welcome, thank you

Re: unaware of issued CCJ

Hi Clarence, welcome to AAD!

You need to contact the court who issued the CCJ for details of the claim/ reference number. There may be a small copying/postage fee involved.

You can then make an application for a setaside using form N244

If successful, this puts you back to square one with the debt, giving you chance to respond if the claimant reissues.

kind regards,
    Shep x

Comment

Re: unaware of issued CCJ

Thank you for your prompt reply, i have contacted Northamton CCBC who supplied the case references etc. The original creditor was the Halifax, whom i contacted today, they have no record of my debt with them. The CCJ claimant was CL Finance who also could not provide me with any details and seemed quite wary to expand any further when told about the COP order being in place when the judgement was issued by default. They did tell me the debt had been sold on, this was later confirmed by Northampton CCBC.
      I have completed the N224 form, i just want to sort this out in order to move on.
      Thanks again and kind regards

Comment

Working...
      X