GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Signing SAR's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signing SAR's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing SAR's

Thinking a bit in advance here, its probable that I will soon need to SAR one (possibly 2) of my creditors. Since they both have my signature on record is it safe to sign the letter or should it go without? I know that normally a signature is not given when we write to creditors in case they try to borrow it but in these cases I am not sure what to do.

Not urgent, just something I have been wondering

Mods, please feel free to move this if there is somewhere better for it!
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Re: Signing SAR's

Originally posted by Susie View Post
    Thinking a bit in advance here, its probable that I will soon need to SAR one (possibly 2) of my creditors. Since they both have my signature on record is it safe to sign the letter or should it go without? I know that normally a signature is not given when we write to creditors in case they try to borrow it but in these cases I am not sure what to do.

Not urgent, just something I have been wondering

Mods, please feel free to move this if there is somewhere better for it!
    Just sign it differently..... use opposite hand or get a mate etc to sign it..... easy to sort!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Superb, thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Just sign it differently..... use opposite hand or get a mate etc to sign it..... easy to sort!
        Or use a script font (such as JohnLennon - link) with the "signature" printed in blue ink so the numpties will think it's a genuine signature.

Comment

I've only ever made one SAR in my lifetime... and just initialled it in block capitals.

Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Or use paint programme and use the mouse to sign a signature guaranteed to look nothing like your signature but is legit as you signed it.

Then just save and copy it into word.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              Or use paint programme and use the mouse to sign a signature
              What mouse?

I don't use the things.

Comment

use touch pad then for laptops just as effective. lol

Comment

I just put crosses through my signature
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                    I just put crosses through my signature
                    Those could be easily edited out.

One could, however, scan one's own signature and then edit tiny gaps in the flow of the ink which, with luck, the DCA would fail to notice but which one could use to prove that they'd "got creative".

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      use touch pad then for laptops just as effective. lol
                      Except that I use my left hand to work my flaptop.

Comment

Thanks all, I am not worried about finding a signature, it was just that both definitely have it already as they have sent documentation with it on, hence the question in my mind as to whether its safe or not. Will just do a different one to normal and see what happens!
                        Last edited by Susie; 12 November 2011, 21:21.

Comment

Working...
                        X