GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlin raises it ugly head - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlin raises it ugly head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin raises it ugly head

I thought I had put all my debt matters behind my when my last default was removed 6 months ago. When I got home today I noticed there was a missed call and when I checked the number it was Marlin ( or what ever they are at the moment). Any debt that they may be managing is well past any chance of collection, so they must know that. So do think the number got in their dialer by mistake or do they sometimes chance they arm?

Re: Marlin raises it ugly head

Any debt that is SB is still owed, they just cannot enforce a judgement. You could be guilted into paying. If I were you, I would block the number, and if they try on another make sure you don't speak to them - fail any security questions.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
      Any debt that is SB is still owed, they just cannot enforce a judgement. You could be guilted into paying. If I were you, I would block the number, and if they try on another make sure you don't speak to them - fail any security questions.
      Yes they do try to chance their arm. Julian in totally correct

My advice would be to not discuss this matter over the telephone, Just leave the call or if you do answer it by mistake, just put the phone down etc. You are under no obligation to speak with them and they will write to you after a few calls.

Then when they write, you will see which account etc and be able to double check your records / Confirm SB etc

Post up when they write or if things get a bit much with the calls
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well they rang again and as I was in a playful mood, I thought I would have some fun, but it was not to be. I ask them who it was as of course they didn't tell me but asked for Elizabeth , now I'm not Elizabeth even at weekends. So I told them there was no one of that name here which is the truth and they apologised and said they would remove the number from the dialer. It all very strange!!!

Comment

hi Lizzie
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ah! Lizzy Dripping Hi
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well mans got to do what mans got to do to pay the gets off eh ��

Comment

Lizzy u ows ya doin ?
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                X