GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My friend and Cabot.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My friend and Cabot....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend and Cabot....

One of my friends recently had a post-2007 debt sold to Cabot. I knew it would get sold eventually as she was only making £1 token payments to the OC on it but as it's also post-2007, I expected paperwork to follow after the CCA request went off to Cabot.

So far however, there' s been nothing. Cabot have also stated in writing that the account is unenforceable without it but that she's still liable, blah-de-blah blah....

I'll keep you all posted.

Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: My friend and Cabot....

Oh, I had one of those letters from the delightful Cabot on an old credit card and I have heard nothing since in almost five years

Comment

Originally posted by dibsthefrenchie View Post
      Oh, I had one of those letters from the delightful Cabot on an old credit card and I have heard nothing since in almost five years
      They also bought one of mine which will be stat. barred this year.....

I've only ever had one phone call from them as well and when they were told not to do it again, the bloke apologised and said he'd remove my name from their telephone database, or whatever it is.

Despite all I've read over the years, they have been the most agreeable company I've (personally) dealt with to date.... although things can always change!

Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They have a few of mine, all due to SB'd later this year!
        Could be an interesting year for both of us

Comment

Originally posted by dibsthefrenchie View Post
          They have a few of mine, all due to SB'd later this year!
          Could be an interesting year for both of us
          .... and with any luck, a very happy one!!
          Remember the mantra:

Comment

for both of us!

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
              One of my friends recently had a post-2007 debt sold to Cabot. I knew it would get sold eventually as she was only making £1 token payments to the OC on it but as it's also post-2007, I expected paperwork to follow after the CCA request went off to Cabot.

So far however, there' s been nothing. Cabot have also stated in writing that the account is unenforceable without it but that she's still liable, blah-de-blah blah....

I'll keep you all posted.

Just updating this to say that they still can't find any paperwork. As this (alleged) debt is huge, all I can say is..... pwahahahahaha!

Remember the mantra:

Comment

Hope it stays that way for at least six years!

Comment

Working...
                X