GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Link Financial - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Financial

Hi,

Link Financial have a charge against my house for a debt passed to them by a double glazing company. The double glazing company have disappeared (wound up/gone bust) a long time ago, and the work they did was atrocious and needs re-doing. Anyway, I digress...

I've been paying Link £20 a month for about 4 years and rang them recently to find out the balance. It is £1,400. I offered them £450 to close but they've said they'll only accept £1200.47. I went back with £500 but that's been ignored.

Is there any point in my trying again, or do they have me over a barrel with the charge so are unlikely to accept lower? It is a debt over 6 years old so not reported to the credit file.

Thank you

Re: Link Financial

As they have a charge why not just pay as you are? In 6 years or so it'll be gone.

If you're looking to remortgage then I'd consider an offer. If not, why bother? It's only peanuts each month. However as they have judgment they may refuse most offers. Certainly unless you're aiming 50-75% of balance.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Link Financial

Hi,

Yes I'm looking to remortgage as Barclays are playing very hard ball with me (see my other thread). I didn't realise until today that the charge on the house was related to a ccj. I'm clueless over these matters and have lost so much paperwork from the time everything kicked off it is criminal.

So, maybe if I can save to £600, that'd be the next offer to make then.

Comment

Working...
      X