GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moorcroft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moorcroft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcroft

Hi,

I've got a CCJ with Barclays that was agreed at a £10.00 per month. I got behind by a month and Moorcroft were made responsible for the administration of the a/c and I have since been making payments to them - not always by the 1st of the month that they want but always within the month.

Anyhow they sent a letter last month saying they had recently reviewed the a/c and have seen that I had been payiong £10.00 per month for some time and it will take 200+ months to clear at this rate so they have increased the monthly installments to £15.00 commencing 1.09.10.

I made the normal payment of £10.00 on the 14th so today have received a letter that's crossed in the post saying I am behind by £15.00.

Do I have to pay the extra, it doesn't sound like much but it will make a difference to me as at times I don't even have the stamp money to send out letters but I also don't want the hassle of giving them inc/exp sheets etc etc .

Any advice please ?

Re: Moorcroft

Hiya

If it is a CCJ then, as far as I'm aware, they cannot just 'bump up' the payment ordered without going for a redetermination at the Court.

Someone who knows more about this process I'm sure will be along to advise soon.

However could I just check...... is it actually a CCJ you have? You have been to County Court and had a judgement made?

I only ask because in the past DCA's have been known to make up official looking documents to make people think a CCJ has been awarded.
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No you don't have to pay it - if you agreed £10 then tell them to fook-orf, £10 is all they are getting and if they want to reduce the 200 months they should reduce 50% of the debt at which point you'd happily then pay £20 per month lol....

that usually works to get them off your back - numpties
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for both replies, it was a Northampton CCJ done by post some time back (before I knew about UE unfortunately).

I'll write back and say I can't afford to pay more, even if they did reduce the debt I couldn't give them £20.00 sadly so prob not worth saying that ?

I'll sign the letter digitally of course ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X