GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script If a DCA says 'our client' and the client name is stated; has the debt not been sold? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a DCA says 'our client' and the client name is stated; has the debt not been sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a DCA says 'our client' and the client name is stated; has the debt not been sold?

So can the DCA just be working for the creditor without owning the debt?

Or do they use that so you dont know that they bought it cheap?

Had a letter from DCA saying that the account will be passed back to the client (unless I call straight away) and I think something about court....telephone about F&F (no offer of the reduced amount in the letter) Just a way to get you to get in touch by telephone?
    Last edited by I Don't Want D; 29 March 2011, 17:21.

Re: If a DCA says 'our client' and the client name is stated; has the debt not been sold?

Originally posted by I Don't Want Debt View Post
    So can the DCA just be working for the creditor without owning the debt?

Or do they use that so you dont know that they bought it cheap?

Had a letter from DCA saying that the account will be passed back to the client (unless I call straight away) and I think something about court....telephone about F&F (no offer of the reduced amount in the letter) Just a way to get you to get in touch by telephone?
    The way it works is that creditors (lenders) only partially assign a debt which means that they can pass it to any 3rd party they want to, and request them to try and get you to pay up, or even just to locate you (if you done a moonlight flit) - this means that any queries to the account/debt would have to be passed back from the 3rd party to the original creditor.

However, if a debt has been assigned in absolute (very rare nowadays) this means that the creditor has sold all liability and you would then owe the new company, they would also amend your credit file by making the original creditor entry show as "Debt Assigned" with a satisfied date (of the transfer); and a new entry with the new debt owners details, usually a DCA.

Hope that explains differences to you a bit better..... The key words are partially assigned and assignment in absolute.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: If a DCA says 'our client' and the client name is stated; has the debt not been sold?

thanks they have partially assigned it then as I have recieved another letter today for same debt from another company

Comment

Originally posted by I Don't Want Debt View Post
        thanks they have partially assigned it then as I have recieved another letter today for same debt from another company
        Therefore they have every right to ask you to repay, as you have the same right to ignore them/tell them to bugger off.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X