GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lewis group are they stitching me up? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lewis group are they stitching me up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis group are they stitching me up?

Hi
    I contacted Lewis group (didnt know it was them at first thought it was santander). I had recieved a county court form and rang to see if I could get it cancelled if I offered to pay the maount by installements

Because of the nature of my job I could be dismissed if ihave a CCJ. Anyway I was told that If I paid three installments of the amount owing plust £80 for the court costs and fee, then the CCJ would be withdrwan.

I asked if I should contact the court to tell them this,or respond to the court paper work, I was told no I ddint need to do anything just make the payments on the agreed dates. I was told that if I missed a payment then the judgement would be entered?

Im now worried in case this is a ploy so that the order will be registered anyway?

Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Lewis group are they stitching me up?

Um, If its gone to court then it could be too late I had this happen to me too... firstly get it in WRITING!! and CALL the courts to confirm because im pretty sure the CCJ is being registered against you.

you must respond.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.Im going to ring the court tomorrow and see if this correct information.
      Ill let you know what happens.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nomorecredit View Post
        Thanks for the reply.Im going to ring the court tomorrow and see if this correct information.
        Ill let you know what happens.
        Thanks
        Can you offer an update please? You need any offer/deal to be made in writing, the CCJ would only go if you repaid in one month of date of CCJ otherwise it simply becomes satisfied but remains for 6 years.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

HI
          Update relating to the original post.
          I rang the court and following their advice. There advice was that if I didnt send the acknowledgement form then the judgement could be entered even if I had made an agreement with Lewis Group.

This is what action I took.

Returned the acknowledged form and asked for more time to complete defence
          Rang Lewis group and paid the first instalement
          Returned form at end of dealine with defence - i wrote that I had been adviced that the order would be stopped if I made the payments etc
          This gave me more time to make the second payment, I recieved a letter yesterday outling the offer( but it was a back dated letter) and saying that if I dont make the agreed instalements 'then judgement may be entered.

So I managed to get round that, i have I instalement in 2 weeks and then its gone. No judgement entered but I did have to pay the costs.

But, unfortuantley, thats gone but I have now have another but I will post that one tomorrow!
          Thank you all, I always feel ten times better when ive been on here!

Comment

Originally posted by nomorecredit View Post
            HI
            Update relating to the original post.
            I rang the court and following their advice. There advice was that if I didnt send the acknowledgement form then the judgement could be entered even if I had made an agreement with Lewis Group.

This is what action I took.

Returned the acknowledged form and asked for more time to complete defence
            Rang Lewis group and paid the first instalement
            Returned form at end of dealine with defence - i wrote that I had been adviced that the order would be stopped if I made the payments etc
            This gave me more time to make the second payment, I recieved a letter yesterday outling the offer( but it was a back dated letter) and saying that if I dont make the agreed instalements 'then judgement may be entered.

So I managed to get round that, i have I instalement in 2 weeks and then its gone. No judgement entered but I did have to pay the costs.

But, unfortuantley, thats gone but I have now have another but I will post that one tomorrow!
            Thank you all, I always feel ten times better when ive been on here!
            Well done on sorting this one out - what do you mean you "have another" - another what exactly?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X