GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Are Crapbot Farcical selling dodgy racing tips? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Crapbot Farcical selling dodgy racing tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Crapbot Farcical selling dodgy racing tips?

Last month, I got a letter through the box addressed to my late father, who has now been dead for over five and a half years, inviting him to phone a number to receive racing tips. The address given on the letter is Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Maidstone, Kent. That is the home of the debt chasing slime ball Crapbot Farcical.

For those who don't know how these racing “tipsters” work, I will now explain. There are some races which historically attract small fields, and the dodgy racing tipster will be looking for one which is likely to come down to only four or five runners on the day. They mail out to known gamblers, claiming to have “inside information” and a “guaranteed” winner.

When people phone in for the “tips”, they will be given each of the runners in rotation. So, if it is a four horse race, 25% of the callers will be given each horse. It is therefore guaranteed that 25% of “clients” will be given the winning horse. If the con artist is lucky, and one of the outsiders wins, that 25% are going to think that the “tipster” is genuinely knowledgeable, and has tipped a winner which none of the racing press thought likely to happen. They will therefore be prepared to pay significant sums of money for future “tips”.

If the con artist is even luckier, the finish will have been close, and even some of the 75% who had losing horses will still think that the tip was a good one, and only just failed to win at a good price. That means more sales of future junk tips.

I'm sure the address is just a coincidence, but knowing the moral standards of Crapbot Farcical it does make you wonder.

SH

Re: Are Crapbot Farcical selling dodgy racing tips?

That is an old one I received those years ago, after visiting william Hill site for info if I remember correctly, so people must be tagging users?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X