GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fred Bassett v Arrow Global - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

Nice one Fred

What a coincidence about the address!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have wondered about this. MBNA left this alone for 4 years and didn't go anywhere near a court. During this time I saw off Iqor, AIC, Aegis, Wescot and about 18 "Heads of Customer Assistance" at MBNA.

I shouldn't be worried, but nonetheless, when Carter appears on the scene it's time to be wary.

I won't be completely comfortable with this until the end of next year when it becomes SB.

Anyway, can I take it that there is no longer a need to respond to Carter?

Regards to all.

Fred

Comment

I wouldn't respond to Bryan carter unless they send you something...then post up here.

I've seen Bryan Carter off on 2 of my debts.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done Fred.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            I wouldn't respond to Bryan carter unless they send you something...then post up here.

I've seen Bryan Carter off on 2 of my debts.
            Thanks Pixie, I won't.

From experience, any idea who will be next in line?

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
              Thanks Pixie, I won't.

From experience, any idea who will be next in line?

Regards.

Fred
              Of course, all cases are different but one of mine was passed to Westcot and the other one I haven't heard anything since I received a letter from OC saying that Fredrickson's were no longer managing my account (last October)

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                Of course, all cases are different but one of mine was passed to Westcot and the other one I haven't heard anything since I received a letter from OC saying that Fredrickson's were no longer managing my account (last October)
                Oh I do hope it's Wescot, I really do. I've seen them off about 5 times now on various different accounts and one in particular springs to mind where I had them running around like blue-arsed flies.

I've got visions of some poor call-centre monkey choking on his black pudding sandwich when he sees my name appearing at the top of his hit list. Please God, let it be Wescot. They are easily the most useless DCA I've ever encountered and they're up against some pretty stiff competition.

Regards

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                  Didn't you get a 'Head of Customer Satisfaction' at MBNA? I did! He replied to my CCA request with a lot of bull regarding the 'fantastic feautures of my account' but no CCA...
                  I don't think I did, however I did receive the notorious 'pink pig' letter which makes me a fully-paid-up member of the MBNA fan club as far as I'm concerned.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Received this yesterday from Arrow Global:

They seem to be trying to tell me that they are going to deal with it even though they are not obliged to, which as far as I'm aware is complete bollocks. What's the significance of the sentence "we do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute"?

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

• Re: Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

I would just wait and see what they come back with

Comment

Of course they are the creditor. Are they daft!

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                          Just a load of spherical objects! They are saying they are not the creditor under CCA1974 event though they are the assignees which is a contradiction, if they are not the creditor why are they asking you to pay?

But they are suspending all collection activity till they can send you the CCA which they'll have to obtain from MBNA. They probably can't find it! They are sort of admitting it's UE without saying it.

Sounds like good news
                          Cheers. Niddy already looked at what MBNA sent me years ago and declared it UE, which is what I suspected.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                            Of course they are the creditor. Are they daft!
                            I take it that was a rhetorical question?

Comment

I've now had a reply from Arrow Global, here it is:

This is interesting because I had already CCA'd MBNA and various DCAs who have been chasing me for the past 5 years or so and I have always been sent a copy of a signed "agreement". This time they haven't even got that, just a reconsituted thing which is nowhere near like the original application form I signed. They have never before sent me anything approaching a proper agreement, but now they've conjured one up.

I have already had this checked out with Niddy and it is UE.

Anyway, with that in mind, what is the best reply to Arrow?

Cheers,

Fred
                              Last edited by Fred Bassett; 13 February 2013, 20:06. Reason: Typo.

Comment

why did Niddy say it was UE

application form
                                missing prescribed terms?

Comment

Working...
                                X