GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fred Bassett v Arrow Global - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Agreed s.78 is temporary but look at the agreement...

S.127 supersedes and thus this is UE.
    I'm a little lost now folks, where does this leave me? I think I know - I think it's unenforceable, but it would be nice to be sure.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

ps mayhew only failed as the judge bottled it. It failed - trust me
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
        I'm a little lost now folks, where does this leave me? I think I know - I think it's unenforceable, but it would be nice to be sure.

Regards.

Fred
        S.127 kicks in. Your s.78 request WAS complied with as you have an agreement. They fail to provide terms thus in line with s.127 it cannot be enforced.

If they remedy it and send terms BEFORE any action then that changes things but for now it's unenforceable as per the reason above.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You have a s78 non compliance. This can be fixed. Can not will.

If the PT's were never there and you can convince a court that this is so it's unenforceable as per 127 (3 if pre april 2007).

As it stands, they go to court, you should win.

M1

Comment

S.127 kicks in. Your s.78 request WAS complied with as you have an agreement. They fail to provide terms thus in line with s.127 it cannot be enforced.

If they remedy it and send terms BEFORE any action then that changes things but for now it's unenforceable as per the reason above.
            Does that mean that they can send any old crap as terms and claim it to be enforceable?

I have also had, from MBNA, about 8 pages of garbage that were sent after they sent me the 'application/agreement'.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

^^^^^^

(M1 post #20)

Totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
                Does that mean that they can send any old crap as terms and claim it to be enforceable?

I have also had, from MBNA, about 8 pages of garbage that were sent after they sent me the 'application/agreement'.

Regards.

Fred
                No. They should send original terms; amended terms and current terms but they'd need to do it BEFORE trying to enforce.

They can recon them but they'll mess up. They always do.

Stop worrying. It ain't gonna happen.

Comment

S78 can't be sent piecemeal. I think one of Pauls win says as much. (non binding).

They can claim anything they want but they better be sure you can't contradict it or they'll be in the deep stuff if they submit it to court. Imagine having your carbon copy from inception and they come up with a different "copy" oops.

M1

Comment

Also remember if you can convince the judge you never received terms at inception (like a lot of mbna flyer type app's) then you'll win hands down.

As I say stop worrying. You're trying to cover too many scenarios when this is a simple ue case due to lack of PT's within your s.78 request.

End of really.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                      S78 can't be sent piecemeal. I think one of Pauls win says as much. (non binding).

They can claim anything they want but they better be sure you can't contradict it or they'll be in the deep stuff if they submit it to court. Imagine having your carbon copy from inception and they come up with a different "copy" oops.

M1
                      allaboutFORUMS

Para 14

M1

Comment

No. They should send original terms; amended terms and current terms but they'd need to do it BEFORE trying to enforce.

They can recon them but they'll mess up. They always do.

Stop worrying. It ain't gonna happen.
                        OK, Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                          allaboutFORUMS

Para 14

M1
                          Point 15 is more appropriate here ie fail to send terms and you'll struggle to enforce.

But well spotted, handy to include elements in some templates

Comment

New case law since that mate. Even as recent (not case law but deffo something to consider) as the mayhem (sp) case that Paul recently dealt with. If they litigate on the back of a s.78 failure then it should be kicked out.

That's the cold fact of the matter. And as above; due to mbna being in default of the lawful s.78 by not sending the correct documents (where's the PT's?) it'll be unenforceable (s.127)
                            Mayhem How unkind

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              Mayhem How unkind
                              Haha

Knew you'd spot that.

Clarify - didn't she (mrs mayhem) really win s.78 but the judge bottled it?

Comment

Her lawyers have advised that the DJ was wrong to accept compliance with s.78 since the recon Ts & Cs were blatantly inaccurate when cross-referenced with other evidence (such as account statement details). This wrong decision would justify an appeal to the High Court; however since the DJ had already ruled in favour of the Defendant on three other legal arguments there was no need to appeal because the claim was dismissed anyway. One can only guess why the DJ got it wrong, but the evidence was staring her in the face.
                                Last edited by PlanB; 24 March 2012, 22:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X