GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fred Bassett v Arrow Global - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
    I just popped out to the shops. While I was out some very rude woman 'phoned from 'MDR' (Moorcroft I presume). According to my Wife, this woman wouldn't give her any details of what it was about because of 'data protection', but she wanted to know when I'd be back, to which my wife replied that she couldn't tell her because of 'data protection'! Ha ha! nice one Wifey, I love you!
    Nice one Mrs Bassett!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
      LOL

Great result mate
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

Comment

After that, the bastards didn't ring. I suppose I've got that to look forward to tomorrow.
          Last edited by Fred Bassett; 1 July 2013, 21:20.

Comment

If they do, you ignore it mate. Ignore their next few letters
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              If they do, you ignore it mate. Ignore their next few letters
              Thanks Niddy. I think the reason they're trying to ring now is because I have ignored them since their last letter. As far as I'm concerned it's over.

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

• Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

This account is with Arrow Global, but MBNA are still reporting it to the CRAs as a closed account but defaulted, which is not doing my credit record any good. Normally that wouldn't bother me too much, but at the moment it's important to me. The CRAs have advised me to contact MBNA. Is there a template to cover this sort of thing? I've had a look but can't find one.

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

Fred,

Moved this over to your thread.

I would ask Niddy what to do as MBNA should not be reporting.

This account is with Arrow Global, but MBNA are still reporting it to the CRAs as a closed account but defaulted, which is not doing my credit record any good. Normally that wouldn't bother me too much, but at the moment it's important to me. The CRAs have advised me to contact MBNA. Is there a template to cover this sort of thing? I've had a look but can't find one.

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

Thanks Vint.

Comment

I would send something along the lines of this to the CRAs

I have recently viewed my credit file online via credit expert and have
                      found that some of the information is incorrect.

There are two defaults, one reoprted by MBNA and the second reported by
                      Arrow. Both these "defaults" relate to the same account, which was
                      bought from MBNA by Arrow. The fact that Arrow took ownership of the
                      account means they have registered the default and taken over as the
                      data processor. There never have been two accounts.

Therefore, please can I request removal of the duplicate information.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Oscar.

Comment

I reported this to the relevant CRAs. I was advised to contact MBNA directly which I have done. MBNA rang me and they refuse to remove this entry, even though it's being reported by Arrow Global. MBNA are a law unto themselves as we all know, so I will now go back to the CRAs and try to get them to take action.

This is a slightly odd situation and I don't want to rock the boat as far as Arrow Global are concerned. The reason being, that both Arrow and MBNA are stating that this will be reported until August 2014 - 6 years after MBNA issued their (probably defective) default notice. The point, however, is that in less than 6 weeks, this account will be statute barred. It could be that Arrow think they have until August next year to take action on this account, so I don't want to draw their attention to it until it is definitely stat barred. Once that happens, MBNA will have no right to report it either. Nothing stops them though does it? They will report that black is white if they want to.

Comment

You don't ever ask the OC. No. The CRA have a duty as Data Processor to ensure the data processed is accurate. Go back to the CRA and argue that you want THEM to remove the duplicate default or you're off to the ICO.

That should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              You don't ever ask the OC. No. The CRA have a duty as Data Processor to ensure the data processed is accurate. Go back to the CRA and argue that you want THEM to remove the duplicate default or you're off to the ICO.

That should do it.
                              Thanks Niddy. It was the CRA that I contacted first and it was them that told me to contact MBNA direct. Clearly they are just being lazy.

Comment

Sit tight. I'll do the dispute for you now mate..... Let me login to laptop.

Comment

Working...
                                X